Pregnant after 35

MIA update (baby pic)

I wasn't super active in this group since I found it so late into my pregnancy, but I thought you ladies were awesome and super supportive, so I wanted to update you.

Team green turned team pink on April 3rd at 2:53pm after a fast and furious labor (seems to be a trend around here) and 2 weeks early. Baby girl arrived less than 4 hours after I was sure I was in labor and within 5 minutes of arriving at the hospital. Hubby drove like a nascar champ and my midwife told me if my water had broken I would've had her in the car. So much for first babies arriving late and after long labors. 

Because of her quick arrival, I developed a huge hematoma and spent a good week on pain meds. This interfered with BFing and baby lost a lot of weight the first few days. We had to bottle feed, I pumped and we supplemented with formula. Thankfully, she got back to birth weight in a week and has been growing beautifully ever since. However, she became a lazy nurser and I spent the next 3 weeks working with an LC to wean her off formula and bottles and to get her to latch and feed properly. What a lesson in patience and determination. I was so sleep deprived but kept at it as long as my baby girl was willing to keep trying. She has now been exclusively BFing for over a month but it was a tough road to get here. 

My recovery was a little crazy, with the hematoma bursting in dramatic fashion a week after discharge, even though I was told it would most likely reabsorb. It took 5 weeks before I felt like a somewhat normal human being.

But here we are at 8 weeks and my little one is thriving. I'm enjoying the smiles and the coos and especially all the snuggles. 

Thank you you again for your support and thanks for reading this novel! I hear there's a Facebook group??

Re: MIA update (baby pic)

• Ah, she is precious! Sorry for the bumps along the road, but huge congrats on your little darling. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations on your baby girl!!! That sounds like a wild ride and I'm sorry it has been a slow recovery. But that is fantastic she is BFing now, way to go mama!!
  • Way to stick with the nursing!!! Sorry about all the bumps too, you're amazing!! Enjoy that little cutie!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Awww, congrats! She is so beautiful! I also had a crazy fast labor and it was my first kiddo. Sorry about the hematoma, but I'm glad you're now recovering well!
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Congratulations!
  • Congrats! What a beautiful little girl!
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Congratulations!  She's gorgeous.  I'm glad you were able to persevere with breastfeeding!  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • rissa06rissa06 member
    congrats!
  • Congrats! She is beautiful!
  • Congratulations!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16