Infertility
Options

New and need some positive support/advice

Hello,
I am new here and tend to analyze/internalize everything and am in need of some support. I am 43 1/2 and DH is 40. We have been TCC naturally for 2 years. All of my testing came back normal but we have MIF with low morphology and motility but a super high count. Due to these factors, the doctor recommended IVF as our only hope. I have gone through one cycle and on May 23rd had 19 eggs retrieved/9 fertilized and now down to 1 embryo which has to go through PGD/CCS testing. TWW on the results is killing me. I've heard and read so many stories of woman ending up with no embryos so I realize I should be happy with 1 - if it does pass. But, for those that implant 1, I also know it doesn't always take. I had prepared myself for thinking I would have embryos to freeze and may need to go through an ET more than once but I wasn't planning on another IVF cycle if it doesn't pass PGD. So i'm not really sure what I will do just yet. Has anyone else been in a similar situation in their 40's with 1 embryo that resulted in a BFPT? 

(How did I do on my abbreviations?) 
:smiley: 

Re: New and need some positive support/advice

• Options
    I'm not over 40 (yet. I'm 38) and still awaiting my ER on Wednesday.  But I wanted to chime in and say I think you did ok on your abbreviations. :)  I hope your embryo comes back normal and decides to stick around for you.

me:41 dh:42
    me:PCOS, blocked left fallopian tube, hyperprolactinemia  (dh's swimmers are perfect/normal)
    Tried 3 rounds of clomid with Ovidrel trigger (BFNs)
    May/June 2016 IVF   6/1 ER 7 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized via ICSI  6 embryos made it to blasts.
    6/6 2 AA embryos transfered, 4 BBs frozen
    Beta 6/18  -- BFN
    FET #1 August 22 BFN
    Dec 2016/Jan 2017 Round 2 was a bust. 6 eggs, Only 1 embryo made it, no transfer
    FET #2 cancelled 10/17 due to uterine polyps. Postponed until 9/2018 due to hip replacement.

FET #3 9/11/18 Uterine scratch and antihistamine protocol/lovenox done this time. 2 AA hatching blasts put in.  BFP 9/20/18!! 

• Options
    MntnGirlMntnGirl member
    edited May 2016
    We had 1 PGS normal embryo after ER so we did a second back to back ER cycle and got another PGS normal embryo. RE will do a hysteroscopy for a final uterus check, a mock transfer, and a uterine biopsy and scratch before FET. Is your RE planning those or any other procedures? Making sure our uteruses are ready, prepping with the right hormone protocol, and having a genetically tested embryo all increase our chances. There's a lot of pressure with AMA, but some of this is out of our control. I have seen BFN and even more BFP. When you meet with your RE after PGD results I'm sure they'll recommend a good plan. I hope your embie passes PGD and I wish you the best whatever your next steps are.

ETA because I forget that TB posts the last saved version of comments and loses the rest of the text. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you sleepyrn. Good luck with your ER!
  • Options
    Thank you as well @MntnGirlI really appreciate your reply. I'm sure I will discuss with my RE this week. I do have a hormone protocol but not sure about upcoming testing quite yet. The idea of doing another ER before FET is interesting as I had not thought of that!

• Options
    Hi!! I hope you find the support you are looking for here. I understand your fear of your one embryo not making it!! I was 34. Had 11 eggs retrieved, 9 mature and 7 fertilized. Only 2 made it to day 5!! And only one was healthy. Trigger warning

i am now 14 weeks pregnant with my one and only healthy embryo. Only takes one!!! And with a PGS tested embryo, your chances for success are much higher!! When do you get your results back?? I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your embryo! 
    Min the mean time, do everything to get your body ready for the transfer!! I am a huge believer in acupuncture! Good luck! 
  • Options
    Hi @alexiskiriluk. I know...the one passing PGS is what we are hoping will be the end result. Good to hear it worked for you. Congratulations! We find out the PGS results in a little less than 2 weeks. I too was going to look into acupuncture for the ET. Did you do it? My office recommends prior to and after xfer. Please let me know when you can.