January 2017 Moms

The bloat is real (starting to show)

I'll be 7 weeks tmrw.  I am currently wearing pregnancy shorts because 1) I'm so bloated and 2) they are the only shorts I own.  Since I gave birth 6 months ago to DD I don't think I'll be able to hide this pregnancy much longer.  I'm kind of excited since last pregnancy I didn't start to show until 20+ weeks. Hoping for a large,  healthy bump.  

STMs did you show earlier with your second?  

Re: The bloat is real (starting to show)

• I'm almost 8wks and DS is 9 months. I swear I have a bump already (with DS I was showing around 12wks though). I've gained like 8lbs and its all in my stomach lol to most people it probably looks like a fat pack, but to those I've told can tell its a baby bump. Totally rocking yoga pants and maternity jeans and not ashamed.
  • sdudesdude member
    Yes, I started to show earlier. The doc said the uterus grows faster if the pregnancies are closely spaced in time
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto.  This is my third and I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, and no bloat or bump yet (yay!), but my first and second were 11.5 months apart and I think I started out looking 4/5 months pregnant!
  • This is my first pregnancy and I'm already wearing pregnancy shorts at 9 weeks! I couldn't button any shorts I own and it's too hot to wear a belly band. People who knew we were trying seem to have realized it's a baby bump, because I've only gained weight in my boobs and tummy. Otherwise I'm hoping it'll pass for a few extra pounds (I've gained about 5 pounds) the next couple weeks!
  • This is my second pregnancy(first one ended in a loss fairly early), but I'm already a plus size mommy so I'm pretty sure it's just bloat at this point (7w4d).I can't wear any of my jeans anymore, and I think today will be the last time I'll be able to wear my blue jean shorts. I have a pair of pregnancy jeans, but I'm trying to wait until my second tri to bring them out. Idk if I can last that long though. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 8 weeks. I look like I did when I was 13 weeks with my daughter. 
  • Jkp7749Jkp7749 member
    We went to a wedding and were with a bunch of hubbys close family friends all weekend. We didn't want to announce it to them, even though we won't see them for a while, and take any of the excitement from the wedding. However, I'm obviously showing at only 6 weeks.. after we left they asked my husband's parents :/ so even though we tried to hide it, we couldn't lol I'm thin and my daughter is 10 months old so I think my body just shows quickly, plus is already stretched out lol
  • When I told my parents--yesterday--they both said they thought I was pregnant, last week! I'm only 5w4d. I asked how and they said my tummy is sticking out farther and it used to be flatter. Thanks?!?  :D
  • @LCartee2016 I already put away all my regular pants except yoga pants. I'm rocking full panel shorts and capris. I'm all about comfort. This blump will not be restrained! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm 5 Weeks and 3 days and have an extremely tiny frame... I already have a pop from the bloating. People at work are asking
  • LCartee2016LCartee2016 member
    edited May 2016
    @ashbozso yeah, I was looking at myself in the mirror yesterday and idk if my belly has popped quite yet, but my BBs sure have. I'm going to get DH to pull out my "baby box" so I can wash my maternity jeans and the t-shirt I have. I'm not ready to wear the shirt yet though, because at haven't made the *big announcement*, but I'm hoping my BBs and tummy  can be restrained until then! I think it's definitely time to do some maternity shopping. Two pieces of maternity clothes do not a wardrobe make.  :D

Edited because words are hard 
    :s   
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm glad I read this thread! I'm only 8 wks 4 days and I'm showing like I was at about 13 wks with my first kid. Right now it looks mostly like I ate a whole cake, so I am still getting away with the secret at work (no one has asked at least....) but I'm having to do the "elastic band" trick to get my pants to button most days.
  • Yes I'm 8 weeks today and definitely can't suck it in anymore.  I was showing at 12 weeks with my daughter and by 15 weeks I was huge so I figured I would show a bit earlier this time.  It still doesn't look like a baby belly but definitely very bloated. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • This is my second pregnancy and I feel like I'm showing already. Although it could be just bloat but it is definitely rounder and lower than normal lol. I am hoping it is just the bloat as I'm only 5+3. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• So I'm one of the babies of the group at only 5 weeks and 3 days.... I don't have too much in the way of bloating. DD is 18 months.... But she was a c/s so I feel like I've never really gotten rid of the small bump after I had her. I am up about 2lbs but I think that might have been weight that was there when I got pregnant. I'm trying to mindful as I gained 60lbs w dd.... Lost it all but it took a year... 
  • I'm 9 weeks tomorrow, and the bloat is REAL. Holy crap! My boyfriend got all excited, like "IS THAT A BABY BUMP ALREADY??!?" when he noticed, but no dear, it's basically just farts, lol. I'm currently wearing maternity shorts too. This is my second and the bloat is definitely worse this time around! Oh well, no beans for me! 
  • 9w2d with twins, I've lost 10# from m/s but can't button my pants. The bloat is REAL. 
  • @canavara lol! That was me with my first....... This was a week before I had her. It gets unbelievably bigger
  • My bloating is off and on. Since I found out I was pregnant I've been so careful about my food choices I have unintentionally lost weight!  Some days I look "skinny" then other days I feel like I gained 10lb over night... So I'm basically sticking with baggy shirts from here on out until I can show off a cute bump.

Although if I'm anything like my mom, she never really showed until about 7/8 months. That's will all SEVEN of her pregnancies.

<3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So exciting to see some real bumps!! No extra bump beyond my leftover bump from my 19 month old yet. 
  • @underthesea  was your little one November 14? Were you in the November 14 birth month club? 
  • @TinaBelcher you're bump is so sweet!!! 
  • @TinaBelcher Still adorable! Are you wearing LulaRoe? The cut is adorable! You inspired me to get a Julia for bump pictures. Love it!!
  • I've lost like 8 lbs due to morning sickness...yet I still feel bloated very low. Like I haven't worn jeans in weeks because they are SO TIGHT around the abdomen. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @emilyn2012 and @gapeachrn! Definitely is LLR, I love Amelias! (Not the price so much so I only buy patterns I can't live without, but those pockets!!) I fully expect most of my LLR to get me through second tri, it's so stretchy and comfy!
  • @TinaBelcher adorable bump! @emilyn2012 I have an October 2014 baby and wasn't involved with the bmb. I found it right as it was all imploding. 
  • @TinaBelcher you looks so cute! Where is this dress from I LOVE IT
  • @TinaBelcher you looks so cute! Where is this dress from I LOVE IT
    Thanks! It's Lularoe, I buy on Facebook and at in home parties (do a FB group search for Lularoe and you'll find roughly 72000 consultants)  ;)
  • I'm certainly having a rough time keeping this baby hidden! Please ignore the lack of make-up and dirty hair >.< lol
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Fine! I'll bite! 
    This is my blump at 8 weeks. I've lost 2 lbs so far, DH and I figured I gained 5-7 looking at my uterus. 

• KarliQ88KarliQ88 member
    edited June 2016
    You all look so cute!! Is it ok to not show this early? I'm not showing. I'm all worried now. This my first pregnancy. I'm short/small frame.