September 2015 Moms
Options

EPT TEST QUESTION

lulubemadnesslulubemadness member
edited May 2016 in September 2015 Moms
Well this is going to be a bit long, SO finally since id had stopedd breastfeeding I was thinking of some birth controls to try out.my first PPPeriod was coming (idk bout that yet) it eas a couple days and extremely light literally there was no point for a pad. Hubby and I had sex without protection(before ny light period)  so before getting on ANY BC I wanted to be 100% sure I wasnt pregnant first. I took a EPT with FMU today and there's a faint line. My question for you mamas out there is what was ypur experience with EPT? Did you ever received a false BFP ?(and just to add I did take A FRER which is my preferred test. But I took that a couple days ago and I dont think I seen any line.)

Re: EPT TEST QUESTION

• Options
    rjanicerjanice member
    Id take another test with my first morning urine and see what happens. But there is definitely a line there! 
  • Options
    I've never heard of a false BFP. I do agree with PP. Take one in the morning, if you are, it will be darker. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took that ept early this morning soon as I woke. Should I use the FRER tomorrow morning?
  • Options
    FatPonyFatPony member
    There are basically no false positives with a standard pregnancy test. Even a very faint line will indicate a positive. Try again with your first pee tomorrow morning, the line should be darker
  • Options
    Thankyou ladies. I'll keep updated. Little nervouse about it all, I mean I'm happy if I am and happy if not either way is great :) so we'll see!
  • Options
    Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    Are you checking the tests within the specified window of time? Because that looks like a typical blue dye Evap line. Don't mean to be a downer if you're looking for a positive but as a LTTTCer I've taken quite a bit of PTs and a thin line in my experience is usually a dried test and an evap.

Pink dye I think is usually more reliable but even they will show a thin Evap line when they dry but it's usually a grayish color. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    FatPonyFatPony member
  • Options
    I had two false positives with the blue dye tests. They got warmer the next morning too. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LTTTC= Long term trying to concieve @FatPony
    Took over 2 years to concieve my daughter. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    It got darker later on I do look at it in time frame only thing is that its there but a very light in color blie line very faint not gray. That one later on was darker. (I lmow.I dont prefer blue dye ines either but hubby had a coupon for the epts so went ahead and got them haha, my preferred pregnancy test are First response ) no not TTC just wanting to make sure I'm not pregnant before I get on Birth control
  • Options
    jclemon said:
    Let us know how it goes!
    Well I took another the same test ept and its got a very faint blue line (of course within time frame)  very faint tho. I just don't trust it tho haha I'm going to try first response in a couple days see if I also get a faint or not
  • Options
    FatPonyFatPony member
    @yellow1daisy - I hear ya! It took us 2 yrs and IVF to get our little guy
  • Options
    @lulubemadness your obgyn should test you before prescribing BC anyway, so maybe just make an appt.  good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jclemon said:
    Let us know how it goes!
    Well I took another the same test ept and its got a very faint blue line (of course within time frame)  very faint tho. I just don't trust it tho haha I'm going to try first response in a couple days see if I also get a faint or not
    The waiting is hard. Whether you want to be or not, it's impossible not knowing! I like First Response better too. Hopefully it gives you better answers