August 2016 Moms

A little worried:-/

I am almost 31 weeks pregnant and a hairdresser so naturally by the end of the day my feet are swollen but lately even after I am resting my right foot ankle and calf has been swelling even if my left isnt....it isn't painful or anything so I don't know that I should really be worried...has anyone else had this happen? 

Re: A little worried:-/

• This has not happened to me personally,  but I think this is a valid reason to call your OB (or PCP) after hours.
  • I agree I would call your OB. Just for peace of mind. 
  • Loading the player...
  • They'll probably tell you to wear compression stockings. The cankle is a lovely side effect of pregnancy. I had it on my left side but not my right last time. 
  • Agree with PP's but I'd also suggest you look and post under the Symptoms thread for support as there are other posts regarding swelling of the legs and what not. It's not that we don't want to hear your concerns but let's keep the board as organized as possible. 
  • I agree with PP and think that, if worried, it might be best to run your fears by your primary care provider/midwife/OB. They can best advise you if it is something to be very concerned about, or another of the fun symptoms pregnancy can provide.

Wishing you the best!