December 2016 Moms
Options

summer mocktails

I'm sitting out by the pool with DH and friends and they are all drinking beer and I've got ice water. :(  So share your favorite non-alcoholic summertime beverage recipes and give me some inspiration please! 

Re: summer mocktails

• Options
    I've been enjoying the Fre wines - they have a traditional red, chardonnay, moscato and bubbly non-alcoholic versions
    When I go out I've been ordering virgin Bloody Mary's and am going to give it a try mixing then up at home!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jptrumptonejptrumptone member
    edited May 2016
    I love strawberry lemonade in the summer time! I don't usually make it for myself, but whenever I go to Red Robin (Yum!) I order it, pregnant or not! 
    EQD born 12/15!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Trader Joes has a mango lemonade that I really like.
  • Options
    We make a lot of fruit shrubs (fruit & sugar & vinegar - sounds weird but they are really good). Mixing those with seltzer tastes alllllmost like a real drink.
  • Options
    Lemonade has been my jam since the sun decided to show up!
    I'm also oddly satistied when I'm drinking cran-grape over ice... Maybe I'm imagining that is has vodka in it? Haha
  • Options
    JEM525JEM525 member
    I'm interested in trying out this cocktail... 
    Ginger Peach Mojito Mocktail, 
    1 Peach Sliced
    2 long pieces of candied ginger finely chopped
    8-10 mint leaves
    Juice of 3 limes
    10-12 ice cubes
    1 ginger beer ( Reeds)

DIRECTIONS
    1. Divide the peach slices, chopped candied ginger, mint leaves, and lime juice between two tall glasses.
    2. Use a muddler (or a spoon) to crush the peaches and mint to release the mint oils and juice from the peach.
    3. Fill the glasses with ice cubes.
    4. Pour chilled ginger beer over the ice until topped off.
    5. Enjoy!

• Options
    TollerToller member
    Sometimes a root beer in a glass bottle (IBC, etc) makes me feel still part of the club....

I might try that cranberry juice over ice though!! Very intriguing....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JEM525 that looks amazing!  I've been pinteresting and found a recipe for watermelon mojito that I must try:

Watermelon Mojito Mocktail
    (makes approximately 2 drinks)3 cups chopped watermelon
    juice of 2 limes
    1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
    mint leaves
    ice
    ginger ale
    club soda
  • Options
    @jennbaylor12 where do you get this wine??
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    Gizmo1231 said:
    @jennbaylor12 where do you get this wine??
    I'm in Texas, found it at HEB. It's by Sutter Home 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I second @BabyRobbinsAdventure any juice over a lot of crushed ice is fantastic. 
  • Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    I had a Shirley Temple tonight while out at a bar, and it surprisingly really hit the spot.
  • Options
    R0824HR0824H member
    I love cosmos but instead of those I've been doing cranberry juice, a splash of sprite and a hint of lime juice
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    cjt121413cjt121413 member
    edited May 2016
    A Shirley Temple sounds amazing. I also love a virgin Pina Colada.

PSA regarding non-alcoholic wine: it does have a small amount of alcohol in it. Kind of like decaf coffee has some caffeine still. :(

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    Sparkling lemonade from trader joes. Cranberry juice and soda water with a lime. 
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    KatBHKatBH member
    cjt121413 said:

PSA regarding non-alcoholic wine: it does have a small amount of alcohol in it. Kind of like decaf coffee has some caffeine still. :(
    It does, same with NA beer, but it's a maximum of 0.5%. For comparison, that would mean about 20 glasses (or more!) to get the amount of alcohol in a single glass of regular wine 
  • Options
    KatBH said:
    cjt121413 said:

It does, same with NA beer, but it's a maximum of 0.5%. For comparison, that would mean about 20 glasses (or more!) to get the amount of alcohol in a single glass of regular wine 
    True story. I drank it while pregnant with DS. I even - gasp - had a smidge of real wine during my pregnancy. And my doc okayed it.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    @jennbaylor12 picked some up today!!
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    Gizmo1231 said:
    @jennbaylor12 picked some up today!!
    Awesome!! Although I generally like my 'real' red wine not chilled, I think the Fre red is better if it's refrigerated. Also, you need to know that all of the wines are refrigerate after opening! I missed that with the first bottle. So make sure you pop that puppy in the fridge :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ShanZShanZ member
    The N/A beer I have in the fridge (Becks) says 0.0% alcohol, so if there's any in there I'm guessing it's prettttttttty minimal.
  • Options
    FOUND IT! @maamawaabangi
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I just want a super cold hoppy IPA. sigh.... 2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    I just want a super cold hoppy IPA. sigh.... 2017
    Saying 2017 makes it sound soooooooo faaaaarrrrrrrrrr awwwwaaaaaayyy
  • Options
    Sun tea (or half sun tea and pregnancy tea) 
    chunks of ginger
    oranges, lemons, limes slices up
    A bit of honey or good quality maple syrup

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    Last night I made something that sort of, kind of satiated my beer craving (DH pitied me for thinking it was a good substitute) - unsweetened lemon iced tea with seltzer, maybe a 5:1 seltzer to tea mix. A little bitter, lemony, bubbly.
  • Options
    I am writing some of these down, as I am getting bored with the same 'ol drinks!

I have had a couple n/a beers, Kaliber (by Guinness) and last weekend, an O'Doul's. The Kaliber was darker, and the O'Doul's was alright... but would have been better with some clamato. I don't NEED to have them, but it was good to try.

I have an n/a wine at home, but haven't opened it yet. It's Ariel, which I had never heard of. I have heard of FRE, and have bought it before (friends bach party and one of the girls was PG). The Ariel gets good reviews, though. I may pick up some FRE for a family thing next weekend, as me and a wife of one of my cousins are PG.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    My sister in law made the recipe from Sonic for ocean water the other day and I absolutely loved it. She said it's just sprite, sugar, coconut flavoring and blue food coloring. I'm all about the simple recipes due to laziness. I've been trying different variations of trying to mix cranberry juice, sprite, coconut flavor & powerade.. don't worry, not all in the same drink. These 100+ degree temps are making me want the beachy coconut drinks!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My girlfriends and I discovered the Simply fruit punch at our last sleepover (I know that makes us sound like we're 12. I swear we're all working adults!) and now I can't stop thinking about it. DH thinks I'm weird. I just want fruit punch, dammit! Maybe add some Sprite to it to make a fruit punch spritzer?
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker