2nd Trimester

Rant about rudeness

I was shopping in a maternity store yesterday.  I went in for a support belt because I've been really uncomfortable and thought that might get rid of some of the aches and pains.  The sales lady (aren't they supposed to know how to handle these things tactfully) asked my due date, and when I said "mid-September" she said "oh I knew by that belly you must be close to the end!!"

24 weeks, 2 days is NOT close to the end; think before you speak; and I feel big and awkward and uncomfortable enough without you rudely pointing it out, thanks!!!!!!

For the record, I've gained all of 7 lbs (high bmi, my team is not concerned). 

Re: Rant about rudeness

• I found that people do not know or remember what a pregnant belly is supposed to look like. I also didn't gain a lot of weight and I would get comments that the baby was going to be a "big boy" (he wasn't) and it irked me. I've gotten "wow you're huge!" And "are you sure there aren't twins in there?". I'm pretty sure everyone gets these comments at some point, regardless of what they look like. I would just walk away with a fake confused look on my face. 
    And yes, a salesperson should be tactful, especially working in a maternity store!