September 2015 Moms
Options

Crawling, Sitting Up, and Sleep

Ever since LO started crawling/sitting up he has been sleeping so badly. He won't fall asleep (rolls, sits up, explores) unless I hold his hips down for like 30 mins. If I don't do this, he gets frustrated and cries and cries, until even patting him, holding his hips, doesn't help get him to sleep. This means he wakes up a lot at night after he sits up while half asleep. I read I shouldn't hold his little hips down, but he won't sleep if I don't. Any suggestions? 

Re: Crawling, Sitting Up, and Sleep

• Options
    We had this issue too when he got so mobile. I think it gets better with time, when the newness of this new skill wears off. My LO will still sit up when he wakes up in the night but after he cries and fusses for he minutes he lays down and goes to sleep.
  • Options
    I've read to make sure you are giving them plenty of time during the day to practice their new skills and to help wear themselves out. Also maybe introducing a lovey or one of those Fisher Price Sea horses that play soft music to give him something else to focus on when settling down to sleep. We have a lovey that has all these satin tags sewn into the seams around the outside of it and our lo loves to pull on the tags and chew on them before she eventually snuggles up to it and passes out.