July 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 5/27

2»

Re: FFFC 5/27

• Options
    @shanparadise yeah that's not cool. What is it with people thinking they can just invade your space like that? But what can you say without hurting their feelings? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rnyland1 the grown-up part of me totally agrees!  The little kid side of me wants to float around or put on a pair of goggles and try to swim under water the whole length of the pool.  Plus, just that DH has said no way ever makes me want it more (you always want what you can't have!)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    @lizhurt I too have a Michigan J Frog baby who only kicks when no one else is paying attention. She's such a little stinker already, lol.

@MamaBish I don't think you're terrible person for saying that at all. It's bad enough that they don't visit their little one that often, but it's even worse that when they are there they feel the need to focus more on your child. The smell would be the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't know if I could be as tolerant.
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    edited May 2016
    @HMcDade1 @Nerdchild Totally agree. My boss said and I quote.. "So and so was able to work until the day she went into labour, why can't you?"
    1) That co worker literally sat on her behind from 6 months on wards and done nothing and I mean absolutely nothing. I still was on my feet my whole shift and doing heavy lifting at 7 months.
    2) Every pregnancy is different. Every woman is different. God forbid any of us had genuine problems and couldn't work until maternity leave began. There's no need to try and throw shade because that lady was able to work right up. 
    I think I was more annoyed because my boss was a midwife for 20 years before becoming the Director of nursing at the nursing home I work. So she should know not everyone is able.

You keep going for as long as possible doing what you're doing, which isn't easy. Don't feel guilty for wanting to take it easy at the end of the pregnancy, you worked hard these past few months. No one has the right to comment on anyone's pregnancy, only the pregnant lady herself.

Edit: Words.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @pootsdragon Is that why the dog spit them out?
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    FFFC I have no idea what tater tots are! Maybe this should go in the June board.. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    Man you tell one person she's pretty and they close the thread. 
  • Options
    I am glad that thread is closed. They handed us exactly what we wanted. EVIL
    LAUGH
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    LF93 said:
    FFFC I have no idea what tater tots are! Maybe this should go in the June board.. ;)
    @LF93 they are nothing exciting to be honest. Why it's a perfect match! :)

Guessing in Ireland you do more fresh potatoes rather than frozen? 
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    LF93LF93 member
    LF93 said:

I didn't even know they had potatoes in them, I'm a little bit disgusted now haha

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    They must be really bored these days to come over and White knght for no reason. Seeing as though the op had gotten a ton of legitimate responses while also being redirected to the appropriate place. 

Apparently them causing a lot of banning's wasn't enough for them the first time
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand right they clearly want to do it again. They reported at least one of the posts in that thread so far. Funny they say it's our fault we get warnings but then incite drama on one of our threads and start hitting that button. Same thing, different day.
    Exactly and sorry they have no idea who this Rando is anyway and yet they can treat their own members like trash and be snarky and mean in their rando threads but if God forbid ee redirect someone and give them advice at the same time and we are the bad ones
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand right they clearly want to do it again. They reported at least one of the posts in that thread so far. Funny they say it's our fault we get warnings but then incite drama on one of our threads and start hitting that button. Same thing, different day.
    Exactly and sorry they have no idea who this Rando is anyway and yet they can treat their own members like trash and be snarky and mean in their rando threads but if God forbid ee redirect someone and give them advice at the same time and we are the bad ones
  • Options

LF93 said:
    LF93 said:

I didn't even know they had potatoes in them, I'm a little bit disgusted now haha
    Haha yeah "tater" is another way of saying potato here. Tater tots are just deep fried potatoes.

Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    jen11797 said:
    It makes me sad that someone in this beautiful world doesn't know what an actual tater tot is. It's the junk food of dreams. Now, they make sweet potato tots, which are even more glorious.

Stuck in the box... But if you haven't tried cajun tots yet, I highly recommend it. It's not just junk food,  it's drunk food. They offer them at a local restaurant (McMenamin's, for anyone who has ever been to the PNW!) that also has some of the best beer. I would kill for Some cajun tots with ranch and a huge pitcher of their Ruby beer right now. I've seen ripoff recipes on Pinterest but I'm too lazy!
  • Options
    @erin7264 yesss Mcmenamin's cajun tots are like my husband's crack. Their seasonal Purple Haze blackberry beer is freaking amazing too. Yum.....
  • Options
    mandyjuliemandyjulie member
    edited May 2016
    *Removed due to TOU Violation*
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    edited May 2016
    @mandyjulie what was fun was reading the hypocritical explanations about going after FTM's when I've seen all of them go after the posts in 3rd trimester. 

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy