September 2016 Moms

Dream about what baby looks like

I had a dream about how my baby looked, and it was SO realistic - she had features of both myself and her dad that I could recognize, even in the dream. And she was so cute. Lots of dark hair and long eyelashes. 

Has as anyone else had a very vivid dream like this? I really felt like I was meeting my daughter! 

Re: Dream about what baby looks like

• I had a dream like this a couple of weeks ago! It felt so real! 
  • Emillz5Emillz5 member
    I had a dream that I had my baby boy and he had his daddy's blue eyes and curly hair, but he could already walk and talk! It was creepy lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited May 2016
    I didn't have a dream, but once when I was rocking my son to sleep, I looked down at him and saw our daughter instead. We hadn't even conceived yet, but we are having a girl. 
  • @KimmySchmidt I do the same. I try to imagine her looking different than her sister, but it's so hard to do. It's all I've known, so picturing someone else that my husband and I made is difficult. 

• AnnaS930AnnaS930 member
    edited May 2016
    @KimmySchmidt and @camichael84 - Same here... although I'm kind of hoping that this one looks really opposite of my first, quite possible since my husband and I have quite different features.

Last pregnancy I had a dream I had my baby and she was a beautiful little girl, appearing to be of Indian descent.  I was having a boy (and knew that) and neither my husband or I are Indian. Wacky.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited May 2016
    I've have a few dreams like this. It's funny this post is here because my last dream when I woke up today was of my little girl as a newborn. I also dreamt in the first tri that I downloaded an ultrasound app on my phone and saw baby and she looked like a 5-month-old and she was beautiful. Since then, my dreams of her have mostly been as a newborn. I gotta say, a pretty cute newborn, but they're all cute now that I'm pregnant. 

Edit: TB keeps eating my posts!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @AnnaS930 My husband and I don't have terribly diverse features (specifically in coloring), so it makes it that much harder to imagine DD2 looking differently than DD1. Though, even DD1 has features that surprised me- her face is very round while ours are oval and she, so far, somehow missed out on the curly hair that runs on both sides.

Also, similarly to your dream, I had one where we had a boy, and I decided to name him Carter (not our name choice) because I knew we'd have another son that I would give the name we planned on. This was before we knew DD's sex. I find it now ironic that we will have two daughters and no sons. Haha.

• I had a terrible one last night that they took me away for emergency LASIK after she was born and I didn't get to see her. So 3 days later I picked her up and she had tumors all in her neck and on her lips.
  • So I'm not finding out what I'm having (FTM), but I had a pretty vivid dream a few weeks ago that I had a boy and it was already 6 months old and had a full head of hair. On the one hand, it was adorable, but the dream did freak me out a little... It was like BAM here's your baby, no warning. Lol. 
  • @camichael84 - I have dirty blonde, mostly straight (a bit wavy) hair, gray eyes, 5'4", athletic build. Husband has black curly hair (jewfro if he grew it out), light brown eyes, a bit darker skin than me, 6', a bit of a stalky build.

Emmett was born with black, straight hair (is now medium brown still stick straight), dark brown (almost black) eyes.  I'd die if this one had blond curly hair
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • When pregnant with my first one i had a dream that took place in my house, we were actually getting ready to leave and go somewhere.  My son was slightly older(like 5 at least) and i remember asking him if he could help his sister get ready to go...I remember my son had a sorta bowl cut hair do and was sorta a dirty blonde (honestly with just amazing highlights that any girl would be jealous of)...and my Daughter had i think more blonde hair, though she didn't really come int o view.

I am waiting for the day for this dream to come true (which does happen with some of my dreams)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • RedMarRedMar member
    The one dream I had in the first tri relating to the pregnancy was me giving birth to a baby girl. If I recall, she had red hair. We are team pink, but won't know hair color for awhile!

Other than that, I've had crazy ass dreams...like breastfeeding my 9 yr old dog. Totally normal. 
  • @AnnaS930 My thing with this child is dimples. I have them, DH does not. McKenna ended up with one on her left cheek. I've been joking how great it would be if DD2 had one on her right cheek.

• Cricket BugCricket Bug member
    edited May 2016
    I had a dream about this boy before I actually became pregnant, but never saw his face as the dream was more focused on his name. The weird thing that I have been seeing is my daughter with more masculine features when I glance at her. With curlier, slightly darker hair like mine. DD has my facial features and DH's colouring of dark blond hair and blue/grey eyes. I see future DS as having slightly bolder/sharper features like DH, but more my hair and green eyes. It may be a symptom of being over tired, but seeing a little boy for a split second when I look at DD is both cool and totally unnerving.

Edited to try and not sound bat crap crazy. lol
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • Sooooo many weird and crazy dreams every night and many include baby but I have yet to get a good look at her in them. 
  • ThscaryThscary member
    I had a dream about a little boy before I knew we were having a boy, but I don't recall any specific facial features which is weird