May 2016 Moms
Options

UO 5/26

Didn't see one started. Let's hear them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: UO 5/26

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mello13mello13 member
    My UO is that I don't actually mind waking up in the middle of the night multiple times with the baby. I've always naturally been a late night person, and I like the quiet and peace of the middle of the night. I enjoy the feeling of "just the two of us" and if I didn't have to get up at a reasonable hour with a toddler I would probably stay up for longer stretches at night.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    To @JoMunson I totally agree!!! Talking to family/friends I'll probably not bring it up, but my little guy seems so much safer right by me and daddy. We do it safe and make sure nothing could smother him, but it'd be so stressed worried about him if he wasn't right by me! They don't seem to have any real answers when it comes to SIDS and studies are always coming out saying the opposite  of what they used to say, I figure I'm going with my momma gut on this! And feeding him at night is a breeze when he's right there. No getting up and down and dealing with settling him down after. 
  • Options
    To @JoMunson I totally agree!!! Talking to family/friends I'll probably not bring it up, but my little guy seems so much safer right by me and daddy. We do it safe and make sure nothing could smother him, but it'd be so stressed worried about him if he wasn't right by me! They don't seem to have any real answers when it comes to SIDS and studies are always coming out saying the opposite  of what they used to say, I figure I'm going with my momma gut on this! And feeding him at night is a breeze when he's right there. No getting up and down and dealing with settling him down after. 
    I texted my mom a photo of Ezra and I sleeping belly to belly and she said that's exactly how she slept with the three of us! When I put him in his rocker to shower I'm constantly checking to see if he's breathing, I can't imagine sleeping soundly with him down the hall from me!
  • Options
    nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
    edited May 2016
    My UO is I'm not sure how I feel about the co-sleeping thing.  Either way I feel I'm going to lose sleep no matter which way I do it.  We have a bassinet co-sleeper that sits in the middle of our bed.  When DD is in that I notice she has bad gurgling sounds (sounds like congestion but it is actually acid reflux; it is normal according to her pedi) with her breathing.  It freaks me out.  I constantly wake or stay awake to watch/check on her.   Then sometimes after DH goes to work I will scoop her up from that and snuggle her.  I sleep on my side so I have her on her back by my side in the crook of my arm so she can't roll.   I'm still afraid that she could get smothered by my even doing that.  (she will not lay on my chest much.  she associates it with either tummy time or bf-ing which usually puts us both in tears so she is mostly ff).  I do doze off occasionally, but mostly I"m awake, but still.   

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    clw617clw617 member
    My UO is that I weirdly sort of like the uterine massage. Lol Depending on who does it, yeah it's painful but in a way that feels good. I dunno. But the last time my doctor did it, I was like ahh...
  • Options
    clw617 said:
    My UO is that I weirdly sort of like the uterine massage. Lol Depending on who does it, yeah it's painful but in a way that feels good. I dunno. But the last time my doctor did it, I was like ahh...
    I had it in my birth plan not to massage me but my placenta had detached but wasn't delivering so they had to massage me and get the fluid out quickly so I could clot. They warned me "this is going to hurt!" But I honestly didn't feel anything, except maybe like I was a giant zit that finally popped.
  • Options
    gamommyx3gamommyx3 member
    edited May 2016
    My uo is that people need to learn some freaking social media etiquette. For the second time now with this LOL I've had a family member make a FB announcement before I could text/call family or really close friends.  1. Ask first if it is not really your news or if you really feel you have the right to share with all YOUR posse, then 2 don't tag me so you announce to MY family/friends. MIL posted pics of baby on FB after their visit the day she was born before I could text my cousins.  Luckily DH and I aren't of the no pics of baby online period camp or MIL would have been shanked.
    My MIL also put it on facebook before I was even in the post partum room.

Eta that she also posted that her brother had died before doing such things as tell her siblings or her child. My husband found out when he arrived at the hospice to find his Uncle deceased...I found out on Facebook 10 minutes before him. Because she's a special kind of asshole.
  • Options
    Aquinna82 said:
    My uo is that people need to learn some freaking social media etiquette. For the second time now with this LOL I've had a family member make a FB announcement before I could text/call family or really close friends.  1. Ask first if it is not really your news or if you really feel you have the right to share with all YOUR posse, then 2 don't tag me so you announce to MY family/friends. MIL posted pics of baby on FB after their visit the day she was born before I could text my cousins.  Luckily DH and I aren't of the no pics of baby online period camp or MIL would have been shanked.
    My MIL also put it on facebook before I was even in the post partum room.

Eta that she also posted that her brother had died before doing such things as tell her siblings or her child. My husband found out when he arrived at the hospice to find his Uncle deceased...I found out on Facebook 10 minutes before him. Because she's a special kind of asshole.
    This is EASILY my biggest pet peeve with social media. 
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    arj14arj14 member
    Ugh, yes.  I despise that about social media as well... i found out my cousin had passed away from his niece posting on FB. :| 
    Anniversary