August 2016 Moms

NBR: The Bachelorette

So, do we have any Bachelorette watchers out there?? I know we had a thread going for the last season of the Bachelor and I was wondering if anyone watched Monday's episode of the Bachelorette?

I actually like JoJo as the bachelorette and was really glad they went with her instead of Caila.  As for the guys, the previews for this season look like it could be interesting!  As a Packer fan, I knew that Aaron Rodgers brother Jordan was going to be on the show since it made the news here, but I thought it was pretty funny that his Ex-GF called him out on Instagram about cheating and that's why they broke up.  Drama!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: NBR: The Bachelorette

• Yes! I think this is going to be an awesome season and I'm also glad it's JoJo instead of Caila. I'm already rooting for Luke as a front runner, but I may be biased since he's in Central Texas like me. 

I noticed a serious amount of hair products going on with all those guys. I can't wait to see what happens when they get sweaty or go swimming. 
  • I'm glad we started this thread! I love JoJo as the bachelorette. And she has some attractive guys this season that's for sure. I haven't decided who I want to be a front runner yet but there were a few guys I really liked. I like the sweet, sensitive ones and it seems she's got a couple to choose from there.

The previews look like this will be a fun season to watch!
  • Loading the player...
  • @tmk0325  yaaaaaaas girl! I was wondering if you were watching because of Jordan. It is crazy how much he sounds like Aaron! It looks like he makes it pretty far. I did see his ex call him out on IG and thought that was quite the burn! I have decided this is the worst show to watch with pregnancy hormones. Bring on the men! 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• @Mfuller76  I'm totally rooting for Luke too. DH had to listen to me say he was my favorite the whole show and then when he gave her the boots I told him that that would have sold me immediately (I grew up around horses and thought I would marry a cowboy someday, instead DH is a complete city boy). I don't know how closely we'll watch this season though. We may be the odd men out, but we're not ecstatic about JoJo. 
  • I haven't been able to watch yet! Can't wait.
  • I thought JoJo handled herself well so far, and yes, I think she will be great! 

Jordan is the frontrunner I think, and he reminds me of Shawn Booth.  So cute!  

For some reason, though, Luke gives me the creeps!  Perhaps my first impression will change as the season progresses though.  I mean, I really liked Olivia after the first night last season!!!  

And how embarrassing for any of us Canadians last night.  Ugh!    
  • I'm watching too. I don't have any front runner choices yet, but I am excited it's JoJo. I'm in DFW so it is always fun to see someone from Dallas.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• This season is off to a good start! I really like JoJo. I was so surprised when Jake Pavelka showed up, I can't stand him and I'm so glad he didn't try to win JoJo over!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for starting this thread! 

I agree, the previews for the season look crazy/dramatic! That Chad guy looks like he's going to go off the rails. When Jake Pavelka showed up I just kept thinking...no...no...please no! Interesting they are old family friends. 

No favorites yet but it looks like a good group of guys! 
  • tmk0325tmk0325 member
    I know I thought the same thing when Jake showed up and thought this is random. Even more random that they are friends. 

I don't have any favorites yet either. It is crazy how much Jordan is like Aaron and I do feel bad he probably is consistently getting compared to him. He seems a bit like a player though and need a few more episodes to get a better feel. I thought it was cute that Luke gave her cowboy boots too! And what was with the Erectile Dysfunction dude?!? I can't believe she kept him there. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jacerujaceru member
    so. I went to high school with one of the guys. Makes it so much more awkward/embarrassing watching! 

I like Jordan but I can see him not being well liked in the house. I'm excited for the rest of the season!
  • @Jcr727 which one?!?
  • Anyone else feel like Chad and Olivia from last season would be perfect for each other? I already don't like him. I'm betting they wanted her to keep him on for the drama.
  • @JournoGrl23 I think Olivia and Chad would end up much like Jake and Vienna. Ha! 

Its clear that ABC keeps certain men around for entertainment purposes. Which is kind of dumb, because I think it would be entertaining enough with actual dating than the forced drama. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• @midwestbaby I agree! It almost seemed like JoJo didn't want to choose him. The tone of her voice changed drastically when she picked him in the end.
  • @JournoGrl23 yes! They would be such a good crazy match. I can't wait for next week!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Yes, Chad is definitely the network's choice, not hers!  And I agree with @midwestbaby, I would rather see people's true choices throughout.  

Also, James is a sweetheart!   
  • I thought her date with Derek was good. He was very cute with her. Chad is such a dick, I agree he should meet Olivia! Other than that I don't see any clear front runners just yet. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Has anyone watched this weeks episodes?! I can't believe Chad just won't go away! He's nuts! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes! Just finished the second one today. Chad is crazy! That whole whistling thing creeps me out. The new episode in two weeks looks really good though. Can't wait to see what happens!
  • Very much enjoyed Chad getting the boot but sad we have to wait 2 weeks now to see what the producers have engineered for Chad's revenge! 

JoJo handled herself so well and also I liked the way Derek was with Chad too.  
  • JoJo did handle herself well in the situation. Chad's creepy whistling was ridiculous. I cannot wait for the drama two weeks from now.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Does anyone else suspect that Chad was a plant by the producers to add drama? Or a troll? It's like he was checking off a list of things to get airtime - sad story, shirtless workouts, drama with the guys. It was the constant eating that got me though. You never see them actually eat anything, and he was chowing down every time the camera was on him! Made me wonder if he was there on some kind of dare. 

Then again, maybe he is just a colossal roid-raging douche canoe.
  • I was finally able to catch up with this week. The whole Chad drama, wow. Just wow. I wonder if he's really as unstable as they make him seem. If so, I can't wait till the Men Tell All and hear was Jojo has to say once she's seen his antics play out on the show. 

I am really enjoying this group of guys though. There are so many solid choices. I'll be glad to move on from the Chad madness and see her really get into some relationships. 

• Did you see that he's going to be on Bachelor in Paradise? I do believe I'll have to check that out to see what kind of drama unfolds then! I believe that's usually on in August perfect thing to watch while I'm nursing two babies! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mksfavmksfav member
    @Mfuller76 I completely agree! I almost didn't want to watch the show anymore until he left because all his crazy crap seemed so scripted and it was like the producers made sure he stuck around just a little too long. I loved that he was compared to Hitler though! And pretended like that actually bothered him!
  • @Hannah0726 I was going to watch it tonight, because I forgot last night.  Good thing, since it wasn't on! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am currently rooting for Jordan!