December 2016 Moms
Options

Playing joke on boss/announcing pregnancy

This is my first post and kind of a strange one! FTM due 12/26.

I set up a meeting with my HR Manager yesterday to loop her in and ask all of my burning questions about job protection and maternity leave. She was super excited for me (we have a pretty good relationship) and suggested that when the time comes to tell my two direct supervisors that we play a joke a them. Since we have 4-6 weeks before I plan on telling them, she suggested something like coming up with an "HR investigation" about something I'd done and request a meeting with all 4 of us including evidence pictures (ultrasound pics). I'm super close to my two bosses and they have great senses of humor so I'm in on the idea. I tried pintresting, but nothing along these lines came up - I'm assuming because it's very untraditional.

Do you guys have any ideas? :)

Re: Playing joke on boss/announcing pregnancy

• Options
    k98aj01k98aj01 member
    I think it sounds great. If the relationship is there, there is nothing to worry about. At siome places that would be inappropriate, but if your work place is like mine it would go over really well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Idk, I see this prank as going badly. But you know your work culture best. 
  • Options
    Sounds cute and funny. Have fun!
  • Options
    I like that idea, especially since you have a good relationship with them. Also, we have the same EDD :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Right after I posted this the plan went in the garbage. I got asked to fly to Mexico for work on Monday (flagged as hot spot for Zika) and instead of thinking on my feet and saying something reasonable like "oh... I just realized my passport expired!" I ended up saying I can't fly right now due to medical reasons. I'm sure red flags are raised! I still haven't told them as I'm waiting another few weeks, but pretty sure they'll put 2x2 together :(

awesome that you have the same due date ve!