Options

WTO Wednesday

2»

Re: WTO Wednesday

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: PNV+DHA, OPK starting CD14, CM, FF

R/R/CS: It's my last full work day of the week, I have a half day tomorrow and then I'm on vacation!! I have a job interview tomorrow and I'm really hoping I get the job and can get out of where I'm at asap.

GTKY: You can go back in time to the day you got your first AF and give yourself one piece of advice...What do you tell yourself?
    I was 11 and don't remember it being traumatic or anything. I suppose I'd tell myself to keep track of how long my cycles are, I went on HBC at 15 and don't have a clue what things were like before.
  • Options
    @Hopingforoneagain after BCP by cycles have been 28 days, 45 days, 32 days, and than after the 3rd month they seem to vary between 28-30 days.  Hope that gives you some insight. FX for a regular cycle for you!
    Me: 28 | DH: 30
    BFP #1 April 12, 2017 EDD December 19, 2017
    Happily Ever After June 2014 <3<3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KristoB we haven't tried the Pandemic Legacy one yet, we actually haven't gotten any expansions for it but probably will soon. It sounds awesome but we probably need a few more people. We also have gotten a few people to play Ticket to Ride and Settlers with us but that seems to be about as into it as our friends want to get so far. Oh well hopefully with this new game night we'll make more friends that like the more challenging games.

@AprilSB08 Pandemic is awesome, I hope you like it when you play! Thanks for the suggestion of Forbidden Island, we'll look into it. 

One of my favorite games is called Agricola. It's a lot of fun and you get little wooden animals to play with! I also really like Small World. There are so many! I used to be part of a board game group in college and we played a different game every week and I think I liked them all haha.

One I think DH and I are going to start getting into is called Mice and Mystics. Hoping it's still in stock at the game store and if so we'll pick it up tonight! We haven't played yet so this isn't really a recommendation but it sounds fun I love games and I love rodents so this basically is combining two things I love. Also it's supposed to be kid friendly too so fingers crossed that in a few years or so we can enjoy it again with some little ones!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    CoonMomCoonMom member

Hoping to come back later for comments.

Month/Cycle: 16 Total/6 TTCAL

CD: MonaLisaRalphio  cycle twin!!

WAYDTGKU: Sex

R/R/CS: I won't bore you anymore with my coworker complaints (for now). I did schedule my annual with a new GYN hoping she's run some tests. OH is suppose to call for his SA results if he gets time today. FX he does.

GTKY: You can go back in time to the day you got your first AF and give yourself one piece of advice...What do you tell yourself? I was 14 a freshman in high school. All my friends had gotten theirs and I was getting worried. I guess I would tell myself not to worry, enjoy not having it because she's a B*tch!

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Options
    mokay19mokay19 member
    9/4

CD: 42

WAYDTGKU:  Metformin, PNV, sex

RRCS:  I've been sick and yesterday I puked twice at work so I went home. About 5 people asked if it was morning sickness. I would say "I wish" and then walk away. Now I'm back at work and still feel like crap, but fortunately, no puking. 

GTKY:  I didn't get my period until I was like 17 and once I got it, I bled sporadically for a few months and then every. single. day. for 4 months. I would probably not go on HBC and make the doctor figure out why that was happening instead of just putting a band-aid on it. 
  • Options
    beary67beary67 member
    Month/Cycle:  8/8

CD:  4

WAYDTGKU:  Metformin, Femara + Ovidrel + IUI

R/R/CS:  Work has been nuts lately because I'm taking off Friday and we have Monday off.  Next week, we have a big event on Wednesday, so I'm trying to get everything taken care of before I leave on Thursday so my Tuesday is not so crazy!  

GTKY: Don't be so scared to use a tampon.  I remember sitting in the bathroom for about an hour before I got the courage to insert the tampon.  I was terrified.  
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    @AprilSB08 Welcome lady! There's a few of us here on our first round of Femara/Letrozole! You have come to the right place lol
  • Options
    @HopingForOneAgainMy periods were always regular before taking HBC (28-30 day cycles).  I was on it for 7 years (age 19-26) and when I went off it my first cycle was 40 days, but then after that it regulated right back to 28-30 days.

Month/Cycle:
     5/5

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: I'm trying out the every other day thing this month.  I'm usually closer to every day but that obviously hasn't been working.  I'm also trying to lie there for at least 5 minutes to let everything... absorb.

R/R/CS: I'd like to confess my BSC.  What happens here stays here, right?  So the whole last week I have been having bizarre feelings in my lower abdomen.  I've been nauseous and tired and all the things that if it was my TWW I would have assumed was pregnancy.  However, I hadn't even ovulated yet.  I really had convinced myself that my last period wasn't really a period and maybe I was pregnant.  So I took a test yesterday.  I'm not pregnant.  And literally right after I take the test all my weird symptoms disappeared.  Guys I think I'm making myself crazy.

GTKY: You can go back in time to the day you got your first AF and give yourself one piece of advice...What do you tell yourself?  Mine started during Summer vacation before Jr High.  I was home and going to the bathroom when it started so I really couldn't have timed it better if I tried.  I was really excited for it to start, and my mom introduced me to tampons right away.  I really wouldn't have changed anything.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: PNV+DHA, OPK starting CD14, CM, FF

R/R/CS: It's my last full work day of the week, I have a half day tomorrow and then I'm on vacation!! I have a job interview tomorrow and I'm really hoping I get the job and can get out of where I'm at asap.

GTKY: You can go back in time to the day you got your first AF and give yourself one piece of advice...What do you tell yourself?
    I was 11 and don't remember it being traumatic or anything. I suppose I'd tell myself to keep track of how long my cycles are, I went on HBC at 15 and don't have a clue what things were like before.
    @LittleChick2 - good luck on your interview!
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    @HopingForOneAgain I just got off BCP after being on it for 10 years. My first cycle was 35 days and I had myself freaking out at 30 days until the ladies on here calmed me down. My cycles before BCP were always less than 28 days so I assumed it'd go back to that. They also used to be really really heavy with painful cramps so I assumed that would happen again. This time mine was super light and lasted 3 days then 2 days of spotting...

@RatParade don't worry you're not crazy. With my really light period this cycle I came to the same conclusion but nope I'm not pregnant either. It's hard when everyone's bodies and cycles are so different. I have a cousin who didn't know she was pregnant until like 6 months because she kept getting a bit of blood each month. I just have to remind myself those strange cases are the exceptions not the rules.
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @wineo929 yay for good SA results!

@marriedhamstermom I didn't know surgery for that was a thing! I was also too tight for even the smallest tampons (tmi I even tried putting lube on it to no avail!) until university. I probably wasted about a box over the span of a couple cycles just trying to get one in to work, and I did a little happy dance when I finally got one in after years (literally) of trying...it WAS life changing

@runboorun that sucks about your coworkers :( one of the other teachers at my school who is in a different department often comes and sits in our office because hers is right beside the music room and the "soundproof" walls aren't so soundproof haha. Today, she came, and I said something about music, and she was like, "oh no, this is not about music...this is about Mr. X interrupting me every 30 seconds with a new F%&#ing question!"...sorry you're dealing with the same! :(

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: temping, sex

R/R/CS: It does seem that I'll be responsible for three year groups next year, but hopefully I'll be able to pawn off some of the marking to the non-planning teachers (the school is nervous the new hires won't plan well enough for the standard of the school, so I'm taking it as a compliment, but also like, hire people you trust to do their job? it's a weird and awkward cultural difference in work ethic, so it's suuuuper awkward and not really talked about a lot)

@hezzer78 I saw your comment on the Saturday WTO just today when I logged on the computer - not sure why I can never find notifications on mobile (not app, just regular site on mobile) Anyways: it's not 3 "preps", I've done that before too and it's heavy, but fine...it's planning every aspect for 3 year groups which involves planning lessons and assessments, providing all the other non-planning teachers (5-6 classes in each year group at our school) with the resources, marking all the assessments for that year group, etc. basically anything to do with that year group, the planner is in charge and the other teachers essentially look it over beforehand, adjust it to their class, and show up to do it.
    This year, it's balanced because each person in our 5 person department plans for one year group and teaches 4 other year groups without planning for them, so we each plan and make materials/grade assessments for 5-6 classes and teach 4-5 lessons each day....next year, being in charge of 3 year groups would involve me planning materials/assessments for 15-18 classes (of ~30 students each) and teaching 4 classes each day while almost all the other teachers get to just show up and do the teaching part without the prep, grading, and follow up. I'm getting tired just thinking about it. So I'm hoping I can give the non-planning teachers [almost] all the grading and just do the planning..that would be fine! but it would also make me look like a super selfish head of department because I can't exactly say, "oh, the school doesn't trust you guys to work hard enough due to your culture, so they want me to do all the planning, k?" :(

Keep trying tampons....don't be so excited about this.... I was a late bloomer and dying for AF to finally make me a woman haha...14 or 15 years old. For many months previous, I'd have a lot of CM...I remember being super grossed out about it and since I didn't understand everything, I was like, maybe my blood is clear? what?
    AND I spotted for a day before, so I could see it coming and was already wearing a pad when it came in full force.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    @Buthayna I'm glad it worked out for you without surgery but sorry it took so long! I tried pretty much everything too... Pads are so awful! As much as I can blame my mom for being awful to me she was really helpful in the feminine issue area b/c she's had a lot of them herself so when I was in high school and still having trouble she made an appt for me with her OBGYN who explained that it's pretty rare but some women are just too tight and either need surgery or when they have sex the first time it will stretch naturally.
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 8 (1TTCAL) / 4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: I don't know at this point, might go the NTNP route this cycle. See below.

R/R/CS: ***TW*** I got in touch with my OB to let her know that I will pass on one last final beta draw. She then responded saying that she recommends that I wait until I have two normal periods before trying again. I still can't get over this "recommendation" since I had a natural M/C and my beta was already down to 13 at 5w5d (based on O day) so it happened very early. My cycles are already so long as it is, so there's no wait I'm waiting for what could be another 6 months. I wish I had brought this up when I saw her last week, but it just wasn't the time. I'm open to y'all opinions on this matter. I already emailed her back asking why so I'm just waiting for her response.

GTKY: You can go back in time to the day you got your first AF and give yourself one piece of advice...What do you tell yourself? Oh my goodness I think I knew it was coming because I was having a birthday party and I somehow became an emotional mess, and then my first AF came a couple days later. It was the worst and longest period I ever had in my life. So I probably would tell myself it will get better.

• Options
    EALasagna45EALasagna45 member
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for the well wishes @Skyjewell23 & @mrsdaddario

@RatParade No shame in that! I had a BFP dream and decided to POAS in the middle of the night when I was still waiting to ovulate so I'm right there with you. I'll jump on the crazy train with ya 
    :# 

edit: gif fail 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MamaCoffinMamaCoffin member
    edited May 2016
    Hi guys! Been very much MIA lately. Life's been crazy and I just haven't had the time (or really desire) to be online. Things are calming down a bit and I'm ready to get caught back up. I hope everyone is well!

Month/Cycle: well today is the first day of month 7 since my loss. 5th cycle. I really didn't think I'd still be here. I thought "6" was hard. "7" is even harder! My heart really goes out to those of you who have been trying even longer! This whole process stinks. 

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU:
    And all those other things. 

R/R/CS: our anniversary is Friday. I should be ovulating within the next 4 days. Looking forward to anniversary sex and maybe anniversary baby? 

GTKY: You can go back in time to the day you got your first AF and give yourself one piece of advice...What do you tell yourself? Don't complain that you're 15 and everyone else has had their periods for like 3 years. 16 years of periods has been enough. Thank you. 

Edited because words are hard. 

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    @HopingForOneAgain my first cycle off was 28 days, then something like 40, 34, 30, 28

Slowly but surely getting back on track
  • Options
    Scarlett830Scarlett830 member
    edited May 2016
    Hey everyone! I did an intro but thought I'd give a quick hello here, too. I used to post here once upon a time in 2014 under a different username. We have a 9-month old and are now TFAS.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Casual sex, CM, PNV, and temping (although my son has been crazy at night lately so my temps are inconsistent d/t lack of sleep and different waking times)

R/R/CS: My DH is driving me nuts with all of these plans to buy a house, even though we really can't afford one yet. I've tried breaking it to him that we need to save a bit more and pay off a little more debt first, but then he acts like I'm a villain. Grrrr.

GTKY: AF first came knocking when I was in 7th grade history class. I went to the bathroom, wadded up a ton of toilet paper, and then threw the whole mess away when I got home. I figured I didn't have to mention it to my mom because I clearly knew EVERYTHING about AF. She knew anyway but whatevs.

Turns out I was an idiot and sat around waiting for my mom to tell me when I could take the pad off and go to bed, because obviously AF was going to graciously pause in deference to my nightly routine, and then resume come morning. I'd tell myself to snap out of it and not be such a fool.

ETA: My GTKY since it got deleted somehow when I posted.
  • Options

@jedially85 I totally get where you’re coming from – don’t feel like you’re being negative. J I think here is a good place to vent.

@marriedhamstermom Cards against humanity is great.  DH and I like thinking games too – we’re huge fans of Settlers of Catan and another game called 7 Wonders. They’re both supply/strategy resource games – not party games, but fun just the same. Oh and we LOVE Agricola! Great game choices :)

@Buthayna Oh! That’s something different, sounds like. Still – it sounds like it sucks :( My thoughts are with you – solidarity, fellow teacher sister!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: temping, charting, sexy times.

R/R/CS: School is almost out! I’m so excited. We leave for San Fran next weekend. I need a break badly. In related news, trying to lose 5 lbs before we leave so my shorts fit a bit better but it hasn’t been happening. I am sad.

Um – I don’t really remember my first one? I think I was 12. Maybe 13. I think I would tell myself to get on BC ASAP. Loads of cramps and irregular cycles are not fun. 

• Options
    britters314britters314 member
    edited May 2016
    *TW: loss*

@pshaortao  I'm typically team do what the doctor says for post-loss, though I do admit I have no personal experience. But I think there is more to letting your body heal and be ready for another pregnancy than just letting your hCG go back down and that's why they tell you to wait longer. Maybe she's assuming you have normal length cycles and really she means wait two months. It does seem like making you wait 6 months would be a long time. I would mention that when you talk to her again, but until you actually get the go-ahead I personally think you should hold off on TTC.  ETA: I'd also recommend asking this question on the TTA/Benched thread because there are some ladies that post there who are benched for a month or two after a m/c
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 6/7 (benched 1)

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, opk, acupuncture, eod sex

R/R/CS: I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday, maybe today. Who knows. Either way I ovulated later than usual and DH went out of town so I took off work on Tuesday and drove the 3.5 hours up to see him. He was in meetings all day and night and had to wake up at 5 am the next morning but we got it in! #dedicated

Haha @SnobunnieMel I'm the opposite of you! I was SO excited to be a "woman"... I told my mom immediately and anyone else who would listen but I thought a period lasted like one second and was over. No one prepared me for the fact that it lasts about a week! I thought I was going to die.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Options
    sevennsevenn member

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: temping, PNV, OPK when time, HIO EOD

R/R/CS: frustrated with temping. I'm on shift work 5/7 days and so my afternoon temps before work always run high, so so far all temps have been above last cycles coverline despite 3 hours of sleep. I must be one of those people who run high during the day irrespective of sleep. One more week of this schedule, hoping I can still isolate O day with the help of OPKs.

GTKY: You can go back in time to the day you got your first AF and give yourself one piece of advice...What do you tell yourself? Love this question!! Like everyone, use tampons ASAP. I was 10 and horrified but thankfully one of my BFFs had gotten hers a few months before, so that made me feel better about it all.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    Late check in from me, crazy day. 

Month/Cycle: 6

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU:

R/R/CS: hoping AF is finally on her way out. I still feel gross and exhausted and haven't worked out all week. 

i was a late bloomer, I think I was 16 or 15. I only got a couple periods, very irregular, before I went in bc. Like many of you id tell myself not to be afraid of tampons!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    belocinbelocin member
    edited May 2016
    @HopingForOneAgain I was on BC for fifteen years before getting off to TTC our first and my first period was really light. My cycles were always average length but starting with the second AF after BC-holy hell, the cramps. After being on the pill for so long, I'd never really experienced them. Otherwise, no noticeable difference. FX your cycles are good to you!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Currently waiting AF out

R/R/CS: 10 days of school left, not that I'm counting...

Like a lot of you other ladies, embrace the tampon! Also, the amount of bleeding you're experiencing isn't normal. Tell your mom so she can get you to the doctor. Relief is out there!

ETA: GTKY pulled a disappearing act and clarifying 
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cd 1... Back at it AGAIN!!! 

WAYDTGYKU: another femara cycle if Doctor is in agreement!!! And hoping to add a trigger shot this time.

R/R/CS: I am quite emotional right now... One of my furbabes, is really sick! We may have to put him down... I won't know more until tomorrow, waiting to get his blood work results! I'm hoping for good news, but fearing the worst right now... I don't want to see him suffer. 

GTKY: I'd tell my younger self to stay away from birth control pills, patches etc. I think that is what messed up everything to start with! I was a regular girl before I decided to start birth control. 

Me:28 (PCOS, DOR), DH: 32 (low morphology)
    TTC since March 2012
    2013-2014 - 6 rounds of Clomid - BFNs
    3 failed IUIs in 2015
    October 2015 - wait listed for IVF #1
    IVF #1 March 2016 - bfn, zero frosties!
    Femara cycle 1 May 2016 - POAS starting May 21st / beta testing May 25th....

• Options
    Month/Cycle: NA

CD: 27

WAYDTGKU: nothing 

R/R/CS: I wish it was summer!

Don't worry that everyone including your younger sister got AF years before you. You aren't missing out on much! Plus since you don't have boobs, you can run much faster. Haha
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24  You posted in the wrong day, just so you know.