2nd Trimester
Options

Cellulite brush/massager

Okay, so I've never really had bad cellulite until pregnancy but under my butt on my upper legs I've got quite a bit of puckering now and a little on my arms. I'm not overly concerned about it since no one really sees the worst of it except in a swimsuit. Now that its summer that will be more often so I was wondering if it was okay to use one of those handheld cellulite brushes or massagers in combo with cocoa butter to see if that had any effect, even if minor. Anyone tried this? I would assume it wouldn't be a problem as long as its not used on the stomach area.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Cellulite brush/massager

• Options
    cellulite is nothing more than normal fat beneath the skin. The fat appears bumpy because it pushes against connective tissue, causing the skin above it to pucker. ... There are many products and treatments that promise to get rid of cellulite on thighs and buttocks but it biologically can't. Diet and exercise is the only method to get rid of fat. Dieting isn't recommended while pregnant, but you could change your diet and get a head start on eating healthy. Cut out junk food and do pregnancy exercises that target those areas. When your done being pregnant, get on my fitness pal and track what you eat they have a supportive community and good tips for weight loss. Another thing to note is people who don't have a lot of body fat can have cellulite too, it's often in part again just fat pushing against connective tissue. It's most woman's up hill battle....your not alone I have same in those exact areas. Sometimes the best thing to do is just love your body through all life's changes. :) 
  • Options
    kyraaDkyraaD member
    i dont see why it wouldn't be okay to use a cellulite massager, honestly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kyraaD said:
    Its not not ok, it just they dont work.
  • Options
    Taking better care of your skin can also help reduce the appearance of cellulite. (Note, I didn't say it would make it go away) dry brushing is actually great for your skin, so it couldn't hurt! 
  • Options
    If you're talking about dry brushing it's fine to do but there's no evidence it actually does anything.  I have one and, if anything, it feels great when you've got an itch.
  • Options
    kyraaDkyraaD member
    kyraaD said:
    Its not not ok, it just they dont work.
    i would assume not, lol. crap like that usually doesn't.
  • Options
    cellulite is nothing more than normal fat beneath the skin. The fat appears bumpy because it pushes against connective tissue, causing the skin above it to pucker. ... There are many products and treatments that promise to get rid of cellulite on thighs and buttocks but it biologically can't. Diet and exercise is the only method to get rid of fat. Dieting isn't recommended while pregnant, but you could change your diet and get a head start on eating healthy. Cut out junk food and do pregnancy exercises that target those areas. When your done being pregnant, get on my fitness pal and track what you eat they have a supportive community and good tips for weight loss. Another thing to note is people who don't have a lot of body fat can have cellulite too, it's often in part again just fat pushing against connective tissue. It's most woman's up hill battle....your not alone I have same in those exact areas. Sometimes the best thing to do is just love your body through all life's changes. :) 
    You can't spot target fat loss. 

OP you can try the brush - it won't harm your baby if that's what your asking - but it also won't do anything for your cellulite. 
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    Dry brushing just puffs up your skin temporarily. If your skin is puffier, it looks smoother (temporarily). If this is all you're going for, then yeah, it works. Just know it is not a permanent fix.