October 2016 Moms

Re: TMI Tuesday

• I don't know if this is considered TMI (to some it may, I suppose), but we finally broke our sex dry spell!!! It was awful. I was worried the whole time and couldn't stop dry heaving afterwards. Not sexy. 

Other than that, not much to report on. I still feel like I always smell, like I sweat more, and weird body hair but that's nothing new with this pregnancy. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • I have never experienced such rapid hair growth in all places.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Loading the player...
  • @kmolleltzThe hair on my belly freaks me out. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @Julia70286 - Our first couple times after BFP were terrible, too. I was so worried the whole time, I couldn't get turned on, and neither one of us finished. It gets better!

My nipples are itchy and super sensitive. The skin on the right one is flaking a bit. It's gross. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My nipples are itchy and super sensitive. The skin on the right one is flaking a bit. It's gross. 
    Mine, too!  WTH!
  • My nipples are itchy and super sensitive. The skin on the right one is flaking a bit. It's gross. 
    Mine, too!  WTH!
    If you were lactating I'd say that sounds like thrush, but I don't know if you can get thrush while pregnant...

• UFJenUFJen member
    @CopperBoom86 @JennJenn81713 I thought I was the only one! Just sat through a work meeting with my nipples itching and thought well this is new! Made for a long meeting!
  • @TurtleMomma FTM here, pretty sure I'm not lactating yet!  Very uncomfortable.
  • @Julia70286 Us too! My husband was so excited to finally have sex, but I was just in pain the whole time. I don't think we'll be doing that again any time soon.

I'm really over the smelly/wet vag. I feel like it never goes away and people can smell me from a mile away, even though husband says he can't smell me. I've never been a wet lady so this is just awkward and uncomfortable. 
  • I wish my husband wouldn't finish in me. It makes my discharge so much worse (and it's bad to begin with)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have pelvic floor therapy sessions coming up soon. They are right after work. the 430 pm. I've never had an issue with doctors in my vagina region, except now I am going to have ALL DAY VAGINA. I have never been so wet and sweaty down there in my life. I never feel clean anymore, and it smells different. 
  • The nips thing is super common. I think it's some kind of pre-lactation stuff your body is making to prep. 
  • I showered this morning and like 30 minutes later I could smell myself. Pregnancy is so glamorous.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• yo this little mama is sitting on my bladder or mushing it into my pelvis bc the bladder pressure is serious! and I go pee and 3 trickles come out. I just need a diaper. 
  • AndiLaAndiLa member
    Ughhh @mrszoess I pee ALLLLL the time. It's so annoying!
  • AndiLaAndiLa member
    Also glad to hear I wasn't the only one with a not so great serial experience. Thank goodness he came quickly. Lol.
  • Sex has sucked since I got pregnant. 
  • mrszoess said:
    yo this little mama is sitting on my bladder or mushing it into my pelvis bc the bladder pressure is serious! and I go pee and 3 trickles come out. I just need a diaper. 
    I haven't felt movement yet but I can definitely tell when Scuba Steve is sitting low because I have to pee all.the.time. And other times I can go 2-3 hours without peeing. Strange child, lol b

• I have pelvic floor therapy sessions coming up soon. They are right after work. the 430 pm. I've never had an issue with doctors in my vagina region, except now I am going to have ALL DAY VAGINA. I have never been so wet and sweaty down there in my life. I never feel clean anymore, and it smells different. 

*** Stuck in a box ***

All day vag is the worst kind of vag! 

I'm sure they're used to it and wouldn't think anything of it, but if you're feeling insecure about it, you could take some baby wipes and freshen up before your appointment. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The freaking sweat. It's hot and I'm getting huge so I'm getting sweaty doing the simplest things. Boobs, lady parts, it's everywhere

I've also still got really loose stools. I had my first solid poop since BFP this week and of course it went back to being awful the next day. I'd love to not spent 5 minutes wiping 4 times a day.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
    Mine, too!  WTH!
    I use lanolin on mine, it's kinda sticky to apply but my nipples are happy.

• @coffee89, that was happening to me until I cut out all dairy. Turns out, my little munchkin made me lactose intolerant!
    BabyGaga
  • naravnanaravna member
    coffee89 said:
    The freaking sweat. It's hot and I'm getting huge so I'm getting sweaty doing the simplest things. Boobs, lady parts, it's everywhere

I've also still got really loose stools. I had my first solid poop since BFP this week and of course it went back to being awful the next day. I'd love to not spent 5 minutes wiping 4 times a day.
    This (the sweat)! I've been constantly complaining about bad weather until last week when summer came suddenly, since then I'm suffering from sweat. everywhere. After my spin class I looked like I had been in a pool with my clothes on.
  • zuzu87zuzu87 member
    @AllyTheKid I LOOOVEEEE COCONUT OIL!!!! your post just made me so happy, because i thought i was the only one!!! SO is also obsessed with Coconut oil! we even gargle and "oil pull" with it every night
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I second the coconut oil. we used it as lube to get pregnant 3 times (2 losses) and my husband puts it on my feet w socks every night too! 

*** Stuck in a box ***

I'm sure they're used to it and wouldn't think anything of it, but if you're feeling insecure about it, you could take some baby wipes and freshen up before your appointment. 

Dude I use those lavender scented Secret Brand ph balanced hoohah wipes on a daily, and I still feel swampy!

• coffee89 said:
    The freaking sweat. It's hot and I'm getting huge so I'm getting sweaty doing the simplest things. Boobs, lady parts, it's everywhere

Get the wipes and scrub. I do this every time I BM. We don't use toilet paper to clean anything else poopy, so why our butts? It's not sanitary, least of all the newspaper-on-a-roll they provide us at work. 
  • @zuzu87 It is a staple in my LIFE! 
  • yo butt wipes ftw 
  • I am always peeing---like I think if I just sat on a toilet all day, it would just drip constantly. I leak throughout the day and even at night, and am always changing panties. All the pee is annoying.

Also, the smell down there is so awful. I don't remember this last time, but I hate it.

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

*** Stuck in a box ***

Dude I use those lavender scented Secret Brand ph balanced hoohah wipes on a daily, and I still feel swampy!
    I am going to have to get some of those wipes!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• KaessiKaessi member
    This is the strangest symptom I've had yet, but lately I have had an excess of ear wax - it's so weird! I'm cleaning my ears twice a day and still have gunk coming out of them, especially in the morning when I wake up. Gross. Anyone else had this?
  • Yes to all the coconut oil! I used it during my last yeast infection combined with Monistat, mostly as a barrier cream between my irritated and swollen lady bits and my undies, and it worked wonders. I use it in my curly hair every morning in place of any other product, just wet hair and coconut oil. I also love it on sunburns. I get it at Costco for stupid cheap so that's a double win.

I also second the super swamp crotch. It has been strong as of late and definitely strong smelling. Ugh, I'm over it and it's only like the 2nd day of actually being warm lol.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • @Kaessi I'm not sure I have extra gunk, but I do love a good ear-gasm. My love affair with Q-tips is definitely something to write home about. 
    This is my life! I clean them whenever I'm just out of the shower and they're still wet. It's freaking magical. 

@Kaessi - I don't have excess earwax, but I've had a runny nose since a week before my BFP. Maybe it has something to do with "excess mucus" and whatnot.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have the runny nose and qtip obsession also. 
  •  Lol yesss, I thought it was just me! Yesterday as I was in a trance cleaning my ears with a q tip I saw that it says on the box not to insert them in your ear....smh, I don't bother with nail polish anymore so if I followed their advice about their own product I would have no use for them!
  • @UponAStar16 that HAS to be just for the morons who jam them into their ear canal/ear drum and mess their ears all up. Seriously. They are probably just covering their asses, because you cannot make a product so satiable and then advise against being satiated. ;)
  • @UponAStar16 that HAS to be just for the morons who jam them into their ear canal/ear drum and mess their ears all up. Seriously. They are probably just covering their asses, because you cannot make a product so satiable and then advise against being satiated. ;)
    Yep, it's plausible deniability. There is no way those aren't for ears. There are two tips, one for each ear. If it was for nailpolish, it would be one tip like every other makeup applicator/brush.