December 2016 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In Week of 5/23

This is for those of us moms who are pregnant after loss. If you have not participated on the weekly thread yet introduce yourself first.

I haven't seen it yet this week, but please let me know if I've missed it and I'll turn this post into a gif party!

Weeks: 

Next milestone/appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Anything else: 

Questions? 

GTKY: What is your favorite restaurant?

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

Re: PGAL Check In Week of 5/23

• Options

Weeks: 12w 5d

Next milestone/appointment? We got our genetic testing back and were "lowest risk possible" for a genetic issue, so that was great news!  So we won't end up getting the NIPT.

My next appointment is in 2 weeks for just a basic follow up.

Rant/Rave/Anything else: We told our families yesterday after getting the testing back so everyone knows!  I'm glad everyone is excited but I'm still scared something could go wrong so I feel like I'm not as excited as everyone else...

Questions? Does anyone know when you do the Glucose tolerance test?  I'm worried that I'm eating too many sweets.

GTKY: What is your favorite restaurant? This is a hard one because it depends upon what kind of food I want.  There is a tapas place near us that is really good.  For a low key meal we like American Joes.  
  • Options
    Weeks: 12 weeks on Thursday

Next milestone/appointment? Our next appointment is at 15 weeks

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I had called my OB when I was probably 8-9 weeks to talk to her about FI's genetic condition because it is so rare and I had worried about the testing we would need done, and she said she would look into it. I had my appointment at 11 weeks and when I brought up his genetic condition and asked her what she had found out about testing, she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about... I want a natural delivery SO badly but this genetic condition would cause me to have to have a C-section if the baby has it or if it comes down to it and we just don't know either way if the baby has it or not. I'm so scared that I'm just not being listened to and I worry that it's going to end up hurting the baby because my OB can't or won't do more to learn about what testing options are available. 

Questions? Has anyone else had this much trouble getting genetic testing done, especially if you or your partner actually has the genetic disorder? This isn't something he's a carrier for, he actually has it and could pass it on to the baby and our OB seems so flippant on helping us find out whether or not he has passed it on to the baby.

GTKY: What is your favorite restaurant? I absolutely love Olive Garden. Soup, salad, and breadsticks forever!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ashleaf2018 - call your insurance and find out if they cover any genetic counseling and find out if there are genetic counsellors in your area.  They can probably give you the answers you need.  Usually hospital systems have a genetics department but accessing them depends upon if there is a large hospital system near you or not.  DH and I saw a geneticist before getting pregnant to test if we were carriers for genetic diseases ( he is Ashkenazi Jewish and they are commonly carriers of several known genetic diseases).  
  • Options
    cjt121413cjt121413 member
    edited May 2016
    @ashleaf2018 I haven't dealt with this, but I would be pretty pissed if my doc wasn't able to guide me through this! It's definitely not too late to consider a new doc. Just a thought. 

@penelope4612 yay for good testing results and going public! 

ETA my response because bumping is hard apparently. 

Weeks- 10w1d or 9w6d 

Next milestone / appointment - I'm actually in the waiting room at my Ob's office right now waiting for my appointment. I guess this is just a follow up to my last u/s last week? 

Rant /rave/anything else? My lower back is achy which sucks. I've had an upset stomach which has caused some cramping so I'm nervous about that but at least I'm seeing the doc today. 

Questions - none

GTKY - normally my favorite is a little hole in the wall mexican place in our city, but I seem to have an aversion to Mexican food?! WTF. Olive Garden sounds pretty delish.

• Options
    @penelope4612 @cjt121413 Well, I don't know why I hadn't thought to call my insurance, so I went ahead and did that. They consider genetic testing for epidermolytic hyperkeratosis to be "experimental and investigational." So they will not cover it, and I don't know how much the testing costs OOP. We may be stuck with an elective C-section purely because insurance won't cover the test to tell us if baby has it or not. Which is scary because that is major surgery that I did not want done at all, and now I may not have a choice.
  • Options
    @ashleaf2018 that is terrible. Insurance companies are seriously the dregs of society. I'm sorry. This probably won't help, but I had an unexpected c-section with DS and it wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. The recovery was not easy but it wasn't terrible either. I was able to have skin to skin contact with DS almost immediately and to nurse too. 

• Options
    Weeks: 12w4d

Next milestone/appointment? NIPT maybe this week, but next appt is June 13th

Rant/Rave/Anything else: Had to tell upper management I'm pregnant. Wasn't really ready but was in a dangerous situation yesterday so I had to let them know why I won't respond to codes anymore. On the positive side, that means I'm not hiding anymore. 

Questions? Not this week. Yet. 

GTKY: What is your favorite restaurant? This is tough. I love food. All of my favorites right now are small local places. But I probably eat more often at Chick Fil A ..... or at least I did until this baby stopped liking chicken. :neutral: 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @cjt121413 It really is awful. They have his condition classified along with Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc. but it's a skin condition. Vaginal birth would literally rip the skin off the baby and leave them at risk for all kinds of infections without the protection of their skin and baby would have to go to the NICU and may possibly have to anyway with a c-section. I just wish that it was a perfect world and we could have all the testing we need covered and that baby is 100% healthy and fine, but surprise, the world is not all rainbows and sunshine and insurance is stupid. I know a c-section is fine because I personally know lots of people who have had them and have healthy babies and there's not a real reason for me to be upset about it other than that it doesn't fit with the perfect vision of my labor I had in mind. But I know that will be great practice for the rest of life and parenting because hardly anything ever goes perfectly. 

Side note, pregnancy makes me so much more whiney than I have ever been in my life! So ready for December so we can finally have this little munchkin!
  • Options
    @ashleaf2018 - that's really frustrating, I'm sorry.  When DH and I got tested they ran some tests that our insurance didn't cover and we got a bill for $600.  It really sucked because the genetics people were all like "oh of course your insurance will cover this!"  We're still fighting with the insurance.  And that was just a blood test; I imagine testing the baby would be more complicated (but I don't know).
  • Options
    @ashleaf2018 So frustrating about the insurance! I hate dealing with it and the combo of an unhelpful Dr. sounds impossible. If you are able to figure out what test could be done you might be able to contact the company that does the testing directly. Sometimes they have financial assistance or a lower rate if your insurance does not cover.  

Weeks:
     11 weeks 1 day

Next milestone/appointment? Should get my NIPT test results this week. Was hoping for them yesterday, but still waiting. Maybe no news is good news???

Rant/Rave/Anything else: Ready to be in the 2nd tri, so close

Questions? none

GTKY: What is your favorite restaurant? A local Mexican restaurant or a local Thai place. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    Weeks: 9 weeks 3 days

Next milestone/appointment? Not until June 8!

Rant/Rave/Anything else: This Sunday (the 29th) would have been my due date had I not lost the baby. It's been pretty heavy on my mind this week, thinking about how different things would be right now. Such a bummer. 

Questions? 

GTKY: What is your favorite restaurant? Honestly, right now it's probably McDonald's haha. But normally I like Carabba's and a local pizza/wings place. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    @cjt121413 It really is awful. They have his condition classified along with Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc. but it's a skin condition. Vaginal birth would literally rip the skin off the baby and leave them at risk for all kinds of infections without the protection of their skin and baby would have to go to the NICU and may possibly have to anyway with a c-section. I just wish that it was a perfect world and we could have all the testing we need covered and that baby is 100% healthy and fine, but surprise, the world is not all rainbows and sunshine and insurance is stupid. I know a c-section is fine because I personally know lots of people who have had them and have healthy babies and there's not a real reason for me to be upset about it other than that it doesn't fit with the perfect vision of my labor I had in mind. But I know that will be great practice for the rest of life and parenting because hardly anything ever goes perfectly. 

Side note, pregnancy makes me so much more whiney than I have ever been in my life! So ready for December so we can finally have this little munchkin!
    There is totally a real reason to be upset about a c-section. Even though it isn't that bad, it's major surgery. You especially have a reason to be upset if you're forced to get one without even knowing for sure whether your baby has this condition. So I feel for you. I'd be livid.

• Options

Weeks: 
    9 weeks and 2 days
    Next milestone/appointment? 
    Had my 2nd appointment today and everything went according to plan. Next big date is in three weeks when I get my NT scan, which will be exciting :)
    Rant/Rave/Anything else: 
    Been feeling so crappy lately that I've only really been doing the bare minimum with cleaning so my MIL came over and cleaned my bathrooms for me so I wouldn't have to! I swear, I'm so lucky :) And it was definitely a feat to clean because I have a 7 year old who tends to not pay attention when peeing in the toilet lol. 
    Questions? 
    So I would like to get the NIPT test (maternit21 through my doctor) but it's not covered by insurance because I'm not 35 until 3 days after my due date. Has anyone had the test done and paid out of pocket? Did you call the company and get the price down? Just curious...
    GTKY: What is your favorite restaurant?
    There's this place that my husband and I go to everytime I visit him for lunch that's called Cafe Sushi....they have the best bento boxes with General tso's chicken.  They fry the chicken and put the sauce on at the last minute so the breading is still crispy under the sauce...so good lol. And their veggie tempura is really good too.... Now I might need to visit him this week to get my food fix!! Lol Probably my favorite chain restaurant is PF Changs (can you tell I love Asian/Chinese food? ;) )
  • Options
    R0824HR0824H member
    Thanks @cjt121413 for starting it for me, I could not get to the computer this am before work

Weeks: 12+5?

Next milestone/appointment? Ob appointment tomorrow!

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I had "lightening belly button" today...it was weird

Questions? 

GTKY: What is your favorite restaurant? We have a local favourite but our favourite chain restaurant would be....east side marios 
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    Weeks: 11w5d

Next milestone/appointment? My next appointment isn't for 3 weeks - it seems so far away.  But on the plus side, DH will be there and will get to see an ultrasound.

Rant/Rave/Anything else: DH got a new job!  He's been really frustrated at his current one so I'm super happy for him.

Questions? None this week

GTKY: What is your favorite restaurant? There are a lot of local places I love, but my favorite chain is Maggiano's.  I love doing family style with a large group.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @beff12, hang in there girl, MC milestones can be very though. My first EDD was 12/30/15 and I wasn't pregnant then (actually had just gone through my second mc the previous month...) and on June 17 will be when I lost my first LO. I try to focus on the current blessing and always remember my little angels.

Weeks: 12 today!

Next milestone/appointment? Not until June 20 at 16 weeks.

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I am telling my boss tomorrow, I hope it goes well.

Questions? As PGAL moms, are you guys feeling pretty good this time around?

GTKY: What is your favorite restaurant? I like peruvian food and there are a few good ones around this area. I also love steak and chinese food, but I can't think of a specific favorite restaurant.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    @queenklau I only started to feel better once we saw the baby and heartbeat on US. Before that I was very nervous but seeing our US made all those worries disappear. 
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    @queenklau thank you for the sweet words, lady! 

To answer your question, I agree with @ashleaf2018 that things got a lot better once we saw the bean and heard a heartbeat. It's killing me that we won't have another US until 20 weeks, but knowing that they'll use the Doppler at appointments helps. I also feel pregnant, so that's comforting. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    @queenklau I don't know why, but my 3rd time seeing baby (at a private office for u/s) was what it took to get me to relax a little. Probably because they were a lot more comforting and it wasn't as rushed. It's also comforting that I can actually feel my uterus as of yesterday when I push on my tummy. I still have some rough days though.
  • Options
    @queenklau after I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks 4 days I definitely felt relieved seeing and hearing the heartbeat. I still definitely have days when I'm wondering if this is real and feel like I'm not out of the woods yet but I try not to dwell on it since it won't do me any good. I think once I have my NT scan at 12 weeks and see the baby again, I'll feel a lot better since 12 weeks was the farthest I've gone and had a miscarriage. 
  • Options
    I am so glad everyone is feeling so positive! I will follow your lead! 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    @queenklau I also started feeling better after seeing baby on u/s, particularly after the second u/s where we saw so much growth. I've also felt so pregnant with nausea and stuff that I haven't been able to focus enough to be worried.

• Options
    Every time someone posts on the board about a loss it makes me so scared that I'm gonna be posting something like that (again) in the near future. It's just so hard to stay positive and excited, I don't want to get too excited only to be let down. My next appt isn't until June 6th which feels like an eternity. I'm sure y'all all know the feeling... Sorry don't mean to be all negative. It just sucks!!! 
  • Options
    @gigemily09 - Yeah, I'm there with you.  I can't wait until my next appointment (1.5 weeks) to hopefully hear the heartbeat again.  DH and I agreed to tell immediate family earlier this week and somehow he translated that into telling a bunch of friends and also his extended family.  That is making me feel particularly paranoid.  I know it doesn't make much of a difference, but I desperately want to be out of first tri.
  • Options
    R0824HR0824H member
    I'm m with gigemily09, i feel terrified often :/ but then I'll get bursts of happiness. I was feeling good today until my OB appointment where he informs me that "miscarriage rates are still highly likely in the 12-14 week span"....thanks dude here I thought I was almost in the clear. I got to hear the heartbeat which put a smile on my face 
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015

• Options
    @R0824H wow! I don't care if he's stating fact, not something I would like to hear. My OB is honest with me but phrases things looking at it from a positive perspective. Sorry yours put it that way. Glad you got to hear the heartbeat again. 
  • Options
    I'm Afton. This is my first post in this type of thread. We had a missed miscarriage in November.  
    Weeks: 10 Today!

Next milestone/appointment? We saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks and 8 weeks so that made me feel a lot better! Next Appt is June 10th at 12w2d.

Rant/Rave/Anything else: Dh and I agreed that since this was the last week I'd see all my students I could tell them. (I teach high school). It was really fun to tell them! 

I am so tried! So ready to just be able to rest. Today was rough my legs hurt so bad!

Questions? None this week.

GTKY: What is your favorite restaurant? Anything Italian!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @R0824H WTF? I've never heard that said before. I even asked my doc the other day what the likelihood of m/c is after having a good u/s at 9 weeks and she said very, very unlikely. Maybe your doc is just a glass half empty sort. Sorry he said that to you!

• Options
    R0824HR0824H member
    thanks ladies, He's normally pretty good and is rated the top OB of my 3 I get to choose from, I think he's one of those people that doesn't say things the way they should. I agree with you guys that it should be the opposite, everything I have read online states opposite to what he said. Screw his medical license, we obviously know more than he does ;) lol
    TT#1 July 2015

• Options
    Weeks: 12w4d

Next milestone/appointment? Tues 5/31.  My last appt was three weeks ago and this wait is KILLING me.  I'm still a nervous wreck and am afraid to publicly announce.  I really need this appt to be over (and go well, obvi) to start feeling good about the pregnancy. 

Rant/rave/anything else: A friend asked me if I was expecting today and my neighbor (who we told because he has no one to tell) pointed to my belly and said something about how much I'm showing already, sooooo it seems that I'm looking pregnant.  Not sure if that's a rant or a rave.  Lol

Questions? Nope.

GTKY: What is your favorite restaurant? This is a loaded question.  DH owns two (ridiculously good) restaurants, so I don't think I'm allowed to say they're not my favorite ;)  And being independent restaurant owners, we're pretty anti-chain, but do love to eat out.  Our favorite local restaurant is a little hole in the wall red sauce Italian place.  Incredible food. 
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!