December 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone else breaking out yet?

I typically have very oily skin on my face, always have. But I never really get acne or a zit until I start my period. Usually it's on my chin, or my forehead, and just one. And now that I'm 9 weeks preggo, those zits have been popping up, especially on my chin! Anyone else getting acne? What are you taking to help?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Married DH: 4/7/2012 
TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
BFP: 4/10/2016
EDD: 12/18/16
Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)

Re: Anyone else breaking out yet?

• Options
    This is probably a really good post for the weekly symptoms thread. I know I've seen acne pop up <pun intended> there quite frequently.

That said, yes I have it everywhere. I'm not currently taking anything to fix it because I'm too busy to get to the dermatologist.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    I have oily skin and Panoxyl is super great at clearing up emergency skin issues! It can be a little drying, so I recommend using an oil-free moisturizer with sunscreen afterwards.

When I'm not having a skin emergency, I use a clear Neutrogena acne bar. It's gentle but oil-free, and I still follow up with a moisturizer. 

Hope this helps some!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had 4 really bad outbreaks on my face, which have all scarred cos I am a picker. I do my best to mend once I do, but these were MONSTERS. Like, 3 zits in one big bump... and they hurt. It comes and goes on my face, and right now it's clear.

But, I am constantly getting flare ups on my chest and all over my back. Every day there is a new one on either spot, or both.

I suffered with bad acne as a teen, in my early 20's and then again around 27-28. Then, it just cleared up and I only got something minor around that time of the month. Even after going off BC (which is why I was mainly on to begin with), I thought it would be bad... and it wasn't.

I've been doing my normal skin care regimen, but have focused on using Tea Tree Oil on spots vs. my acne spot treatment. It's somewhat worked. I thought one spot was going away, but did eventually break through.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    I've had a couple small blemishes.  I never have had them before really (few times in life, mostly in early teen years) so admittedly I am not at all sure what to do about them!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yeah I have acne like crazy.  I've pretty much tried everything (coconut oil face wash and moisturizer, dial soap, charcoal soap, tea tree oil, face masks, sulfur spot cream).  Nothing works and now my face is dried out so I'm trying to cut back a little.  My OB says salicylic acid is ok so I'm probably going to start using that once a day.  Benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin cream were not successful before I got pregnant so I probably won't bother with those.

Has anyone tried the Belli line?
  • Options
    My face is not getting an unusual amount of acne, but my chest is! Anyone else having this problem?? 
  • Options
    My face is not getting an unusual amount of acne, but my chest is! Anyone else having this problem?? 
    This. Exactly! And they are monsters that hang around for a good week or two right along my collarbone.
  • Options
    Yes, I have had a lot more acne than usual.  But mine is probably due to the fact that I switched from acne face wash to regular soap when I realized I was pregnant since I didnt trust all the weird sentence long words in the acne face stuff.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My arms are getting way more broken out which is weird because they've never done this. I got an acne body wash just for my arms though so I'm hoping that helps.
  • Options
    My skin is awful  now. The only thing that seems to work for me is sulfur soap. My doctor said it's safe. It's very drying and used selectively on just my breakout areas, it works amazingly well for me.
  • Options
    That could mean you're having a girl :) 
  • Options
    I'm hoping for a girl!
  • Options
    I've had a few weeks of amazingly clear skin but this past week I've started breaking out on my face again. UGH.
  • Options
    ALM2016ALM2016 member
    Hmm. I've been thinking I've been having pretty much no symptoms, but my chest, back and arms are breaking out with a fury, and I haven't had major issues with that since I was a teenager. I just started using Neutrogena acne body wash, so we'll see if that helps.
  • Options
    Kacie209Kacie209 member
    edited May 2016
    My back has gotten bad! Every morning I wake up and have new ones pop up. I'd sometimes get them back there from working out a lot, but NOT this bad. The worst is when they're in direct line with a bra strap. Ouch.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    @ALM2016 My husband uses that and swears by it!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • Options
    Dial soap.  The yellow bar kind.  My dermatologist recommended it during my first pregnancy and it's really helped.  And no moisturizer on the affected area(s).  My back, neck and chest are BAD. 
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

• Options
    I've been having savage breakouts all over my face and chest since the beginning of pregnancy -worse than anything experienced in my teens! It's actually one of the first symptoms I get when pregnant and I hate it. I feel like such a troll. Lol I use Novena skin care line but have to order from the US (I'm in Canada). I don't know that it works better than anything else out there but my skin tolerates it well & it's made specifically for pregnant women similar to the Belli line. I'm 10.5 weeks today and finally starting to see some clear spots on my face- HALLELUJAH! 
  • Options
    Kacie209 said:
    My back has gotten bad! Every morning I wake up and have new ones pop up. I'd sometimes get them back there from working out a lot, but NOT this bad. The worst is when they're in direct line with a bra strap. Ouch.
    Ew girl...this for me too. They are hideous. And my chin. Boooo

• Options
    DJ1845DJ1845 member
    Yep, started a couple weeks ago. I didn't break out until third tri with my first. Now it's forehead and chest.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I normally never have acne, but the first month or so after finding out turned my forehead along my hairline into landmine central. Only til around 11 weeks did it stop happening. Nothing new popping up at 12 weeks, fingers crossed it stays that way. I used a q-tip to dab some tea tree oil on mine and it helped clear them up pretty quickly!
  • Options
    I noticed in the last week or 2 my chest and back breaking out. In the last few days it's been my face. It's making me crazy. I've never ever had acne or breakouts in my life. And I'm in a wedding  in 4 weeks and my dress does my cover where I'm breaking out on my chest. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml