August 2016 Moms
Options

BITCHFEST MONDAY!!!!

Let's get this started!!!!

Re: BITCHFEST MONDAY!!!!

• Options
    tmk0325tmk0325 member

I came into work today, because I said I would help out for an event.  Turns out they didn't need me.  Grrr.  So now I'm here and I actually need to do some work for the next couple hours.  I guess they emailed me on Friday, but I didn't work Friday, so I never saw it.  Oh well, at least I'll have a nice long Memorial Day weekend off Thursday-Monday!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm already looking at my long weekend next weekend and getting bitter about it.  I have to work a meeting Saturday evening. Then I have to spend my whole Memorial Day with the inlaws.  I get out of sorts if I can't have at least 1 day to myself (DD and DH can be present, I don't count them as people for some reason)... Especially on a long weekend.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm already looking at my long weekend next weekend and getting bitter about it.  I have to work a meeting Saturday evening. Then I have to spend my whole Memorial Day with the inlaws.  I get out of sorts if I can't have at least 1 day to myself (DD and DH can be present, I don't count them as people for some reason)... Especially on a long weekend.
    I'm the same way! If I don't get a break from being "on," I go crazy. I hope you can at least get Sunday to yourself. 
  • Options
    I only slept 4 hours and i am so tired, and to top it off DH and i fought about who i want our kid to be around and i sure don't want his family that drinks and smokes to be around my child because they are no good influence to any of there own kids and he told me i act like i am perfect and don't have faults GRRRRRR
  • Options
    @Snaps816 I teach the middle school bible class (last time before my sabbatical for birthing another baby.) then service, then pot luck...  The afternoon should be fairly open. I hope.  But, I'd rather do that than anything else I have planned for the weekend!!

I might come to town early and get a pedicure before my Saturday night meeting.  Otherwise I am planning to clean and meal prep all day to help prepare for the 5 week summer camp I run, starting the first weekend in June.
  • Options
    I surprisingly don't have anything to bitch about...except the fact that it's Monday. 
  • Options
    @emmeline714 you should be able to set boundaries for your child also. If they cannot respect the fact that it is not good to smoke around the baby then I think you are right for not wanting the baby to go there. As far as not letting them be around the child, would it be possible to have them come to you guys? Anyone who comes to us knows that we DO NOT smoke in the house. When our kids were born, we kept hand sanitizer everywhere and made sure anyone who wanted to hold/touch the baby washed their hands first. And if they were coming to visit the baby, they are not there to drink and party.
  • Options
    This week is the first week of summer hours and I have a crap ton of stuff to get done and no motivation to do it.  I'll likely be putting in enough hours to give me summer Fridays all flippin' summer, and I probably won't be able to take a summer Friday this week trying to meet deadlines.  Ugh.  Also, when you're pregnant, companies should be required to put a water cooler directly in your office.  I need to go refill my jug, but I REALLY don't feel like walking to the pantry lol.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Options
    I feel like all I ever do on here is complain about my in laws, but I swear if they ask DH one more time when he is going to come visit next I'm going to scream. They've seen DD about 5 times this year and most of those times were meeting up for dinner so I don't even count that as spending time with her because we eat and leave. I am so tired of the one way street with his family. The only time they see DD is when we go to their house, and they all live right beside each other so they don't understand the concept of coming to our house. We only live about 25 minutes from them but it may as well be 6 hours with how they act. 
  • Options
    DH left for a work trip this morning and will be gone til Thursday night. :( So I am solo parenting for four days. Thank goodness DS still takes naps so I do get a break during the day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @jamiesc58 the problem is we are not letting anyone know where we stay at because the last house we were in they came and went as they pleased and sometimes would come drunk, etc. to wake us up when i was trying to rest. They were there legit 24/7 and they are the ones that don't care what you think and that they are entitle to do whatever they want and that's now how it flies with me. We almost ended up splitting up before because they told him many lies about me and that I was taking advantage of him and was with him because of his money, when i have worked my ass to have what i own. So i just broke down and got very hormonal and just told him i did not want to talk to him as he was not getting the point. I am just praying about it that he understands my point that is all, so frustrating.
  • Options
    My daughter and stepson are going to my grandma's in-home daycare for the summer until school starts back up. I found out today that my grandma is taking off the last week of July - that's the week before my due date! So now I'm stressing out because if this little guy decides to come early, we won't have anyone to take the kids during the day that week (I would normally just work from home on my grandma's days off). Now I'm not sure if I should try to figure out some sort of backup plan for that week in case I go into labor? Once I'm home with the baby it's not a big deal (the kids are 5 and 6 so they aren't super high maintenance); I'm more worried about going into labor and being at the hospital. DANG IT!!
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Options
    It appears that a bird has crapped on my desk. Gross, and also WTF?
  • Options
    charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited May 2016

@lynnelove28 My in laws do the same thing, except they are a 12 hour plane ride away. Luckily my husband doesn't hesitate to point out that it is easier for them than us to travel... They wanted to know if we could come out for Thanksgiving again this year! I'm not even going back to WORK until late October...so I won't have any vacation time built back up, and my husband is currently unemployed. So either he'll still be unemployed and we'll be desperately trying to figure out the mortgage payment (never mind dropping a grand on plane tickets) or he'll be brand new at a job and have taken time off without pay already for the birth (which he's been very open about needing during interviews.) Not to mention, traveling 12+ hours with a three month old? No thank you! Not to mention exposing him to all the germs... We've already said we're coming out in June, to do the christening with you all. Prior to that? YOU come HERE. The only one with a quasi valid excuse is his father who is in recovery for cancer - the rest of the family has managed to travel internationally on three separate occasions since the last time they were here - the last time we took a vacation (other than our honeymoon) was two years ago - when we went to visit them.

My bitch is my stomach. Seriously... How am I still throwing up?  I was an hour late to work this morning because I couldn't get it under control, and have been fighting it all day.

• Options
    @1faceinacrowd do you have other family close by that can be backup's? DS's daycare is closed the two weeks after my due date (lovely timing!). Our plan is to have my MIL take DS for a night or two when I go into labor (I want my mom to be at the hospital with me), and then DH will be home with me for the first two weeks so DS will just be home with us. 

My bitch is that I just got an email from DS's daycare saying that they are full for the fall and I'll have to go on a waitlist to get DS2 in. Meanwhile, I had heard from the site director earlier this month that she and the admission women had spoken and they have a spot for the new baby. She told me this a few days after DS knocked his tooth out at school, so I felt like it was a bit of sucking up happening, but I don't care, I'll take it! Anyway, now this other women is backtracking (and responding to my request over a month after I made it!) and I'm freaking out that we're not going to have a place for this LO! 

• Options
    @emmeline714 that sucks and I am sorry you have to deal with that. My in laws don't drink or anything but they think they are better than everyone! No woman is as good of a mom as MIL and she will not stop trying to tell me what to do with our kids. I am on my 4th child and all the rest I have managed to keep alive and for the most part pretty healthy. I think I am doing a good job and I don't want her demands. Advice is nice when it is given as advice.
  • Options
    @bookhousegirl OMG, I would be in a panic. I made sure to get it in writing from our daycare our spot is ours. I hope they sort it out.

• Options
    @Bookhousegirl Unfortunately not. :disappointed: My mom and MIL both work days; my step-dad is severely disabled (dual amputee, dialysis 3x/week, etc.). We're going to have my mom and MIL help with watching the kids overnight when we're in the hospital with the baby, evenings/overnights aren't an issue. It's just if I go into labor during the day that week, I'll be screwed! I'm thinking about looking into summer day camps that might be happening that week. 
    Also, that really sucks about the daycare situation. I can't even imagine how stressful that would be! Hopefully you can talk to the site director again and get it sorted out...
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Options
    @1faceinacrowd - that sucks that it's your grandma who scheduled that for your due date week.  Is she going away that week or can she still be your backup if/when you go into labor?

I somehow managed to be due the end of the second week of DS's school's 3 week summer break (well, technically 3 1/2 weeks because they're closed Labor Day and he doesn't go on Tuesdays so he goes back to school the Wed after Labor Day).  While I have my ILs to watch him while I'm in the hospital, I am freaking out a bit about having him around 24/7 for that long with a newborn.  I kind of hope I go into labor around 38 weeks so I can then still take him to the town pool, etc during his break and hire a mother's helper to chase him while I sit in the shade with the baby.
  • Options
    Well, I've now got something to bitch about unfortunately. I wake up every morning for work (I'm a nanny) at 5:30, have to be to work at 6:30 (used to be 7:00 but I agreed to start coming in early due to something the family is going through) and I'm supposed to be off at 4:00 according to the aggreement we had in the beginning. 6:30-4:00 is a long time to watch 3 young children. I've been wanting to ask about changing the time to 3:30 due to me coming in 30 minutes earlier now. Not only does my boss get home almost 30 minutes late today (making a 10 hour day for me) but she doesn't even apologize or say why she's running late. I've done so much for this family and I feel as though I'm way under appreciated and walked all over. My days are getting longer, I'm not getting paid anymore even though I asked for a raise a few months back, and they were supposed to start paying me more anyways for getting another dog that constantly shits in the house yet I haven't seen a penny more. 

On top of a rough day, my stomach has felt weird and tight on and off all day and it's kinda scaring me. 
  • Options
    @bookhousegirl  That's so friggin' rude and annoying!  I would keep fighting and pushing, and just reiterate the chain of events and what you were promised - and get it in writing!  I signed this LO up for daycare the same time that I registered DD for next year - that was back in December lol.  I think I was only 8 weeks pregnant at the time, so I was weary God forbid anything happens, but I wanted to make sure he was set.  He won't be starting daycare until January, so he was signed up literally over a year before he'll even be there.  I hope you can get it straightened out!
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Options
    My DH is a chef at two restaurants in our city's airport. They are both run by the same company and he oversees both. Anyway, last Thursday, he met with a food sales rep outside of the secure area, and she gave him a few small bags of food samples. He didn't even want them, but kept them to be polite. Well, as he was going back to work through the employee checkpoint, he got busted and detained for allegedly bringing "a delivery" through the checkpoint, which apparently you're  not supposed to do. So he got his security clearance revoked temporarily pending a hearing, which means he can't work. And he doesn't get paid for this time, either. And once said hearing takes place, he will likely face some kind of penalty for breaching security protocol, which can range anywhere from one week to thirty days suspension, to permanent/ revocation, aka losing his job. So this is pretty scary because in addition to the obvious issue of not having his income, we are on his health insurance and we're having a freaking baby in three months. To add insult to injury, he found out today that this hearing won't be till Thursday, so he's missing an entire week of work over this, regardless of the penalty they decide to give him. So my bitch is at our idiot federal government for reacting like he's some kind of terrorist suspect for bringing a few bags of frozen tater tots through a checkpoint (and by the way, people bring in small quantities of food, for personal use or for sale in the restaurants, all the time, and no one has ever seen this happen).  I am hoping that at the very least, if he does get a suspension, they'll consider this week "time served." I am also hoping that he will apply some pressure to his company to pay him for this time, since he was sidelined from work through no fault of his own, and for doing something his company routinely asks him to do.    
  • Options
    @Snaps816 that sucks! I would be freaking out too at the prospect of that kind of income loss! I hope it gets sorted out soon. 

@Allisun85 @SkiChic626 @1faceinacrowd thanks, I called and emailed both people in a panic and finally got a hold of the admissions person. She said it was a misunderstanding because DS and I have different last names (I kept my maiden name) and that they do have a spot for the new baby. This is total laziness on her part, because my email to her specifies who DS is, with his full name, so she obviously didn't read it fully. People just don't understand what this kind of stress does to a hormonal pregnant lady!!

• Options
    @Snaps816 How stressful! I'm all for airport security but that level of drama over some frozen tater tots by a known employee seems a little extreme. Hoping for the best possible outcome on Thursday - until then, hang in there!
  • Options
    @Snaps816
     That sounds awful! I will be saying an extra prayer that they obviously see it was an easy mistake and let him go back to work ASAP.

@brunettebabe722 I would seriously bring up all of those points in a professional manner. It sounds like they are definitely taking advantage of you by running late without warning and promising you a raise that hasn't happened. Are you going to nanny for them after you have your baby? 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Options
    My bitchfest is minor, but I found out today I am anemic. So they want me to up my iron intake...which sucks because I already feel like I am always constipated. Time to up the colace I guess. 
    *TW Spoiler*

11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    Benched 6 months 

• Options
    @midwestbaby You and me both. Upping the colace really helped me, but the iron makes me super nauseous. Plus the orange juice kicks my acid reflux into high gear. 

My bitch is that its Monday, Im tired, etc. But mainly, I was extra bloated today because of gas. But everytime I got up from my desk to "walk it off", no luck. And Id do it at my desk, but Im in a tiny office with my coworker. She would definitely know. 
  • Options
    @midwestbaby I'm going to tomorrow. The mom and I are pretty close but I'm still nervous about it. They told me they would love to have me come back after the baby but this nanny job is currently off the books and I think it would be best for my family and I if I got an actual job where I can get benefits, PTO, etc. 
  • Options
    @BrunetteBabe722 I would be nervous too to approach the topic. It's definitely not a fun one to discuss, but you deserve what has been promised. Good luck! Let us know how it goes! 
    *TW Spoiler*

11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    Benched 6 months 

• Options
    @brunettebabe722 good luck tomorrow. We have a part-time nanny and I can't imagine doing something like that. You definitely deserve what you've been promised. Hope it is a productive conversation!
    Pregnancy Ticker