December 2016 Moms
Options

Moms with Toddlers - 5.23

Good morning :smiley: 

How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week? 

Who is your biggest support person(s)?:

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Anything you want to add/share? 

Bonus Question: Do you have any summer plans specifically for your toddler? (Outings, activities, etc):
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Moms with Toddlers - 5.23

• Options
    DH was gone and I put forth a heroic effort. I didn't read or sing to him as much because the nausea at night but other than that, we had a great week. He's such a great lil guy.

DH for SURE! my mom watches DS sometimes but we never put ourselves in a position where we need to rely on her because she's cray.

Question: DS is dropping is afternoon nap more often than not. However, he can barely make it to 8a before needing morning nap. Then he's exhausted and cranky by dinner time. Any tips for scootching a nap back?

Bonus Question: Do you have any summer plans specifically for your toddler? (Outings, activities, etc):
    We're going camping in a couple weeks. I'm hoping so much my MS is a little better then. Other than that, we have a zoo pass.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Doing good!! We went on 2 hikes yesterday, have kept up play and activities; we're doing alright :smile: 

DH 100%. I have a great family and wonderful friends but hands down DH takes the cake!

Rants/Raves/Questions: Not right now

Going to be as busy as possible! This will be my last summer alone with DS and at 2yo everything is so fun and exciting to him, it's easy to entertain. We will be going to the pool and to a local jump house around the corner that has toddler time on Wednesdays, two days a week we go to storytime at the library and we will also be doing things in town like the zoo, aquarium, museums, etc. I really want to make it a fun summer!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week? Pretty good.  I've committed to not getting so frustrated with DS and I'm doing a good job.  Not awesome, but better.  I'm looking forward to the hormones calming down and not being a ragey bitch.  

Who is your biggest support person(s)?:  My H for sure.  He's a super involved parent and makes sure I get relax time while I'm making these two babies.  

Rants/Raves/Questions:  DS is 3 and I sometimes find he's on repeat.  He says the same thing over and over until he gets his desired response/reaction.  Anyone else?

Anything you want to add/share? DS was up all night with a super high fever.  I'm home with him today.  I hate when my little bear is sick.  

Bonus Question: Do you have any summer plans specifically for your toddler? (Outings, activities, etc):  Nothing specific, we try to do one special thing a weekend that's geared towards him.  My parents live at the beach so we do that pretty often. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options

How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week? Trying to be more active with him since the nausea comes and goes now. We're outside all day when the weather is nice and we try to run errands to avoid the  tv and to get out of the house more often.

Who is your biggest support person(s)?: My husband because he's realizing how freaking hard it is for me, and my last bmb because I love all of them and many of them are in the same position.

Rants/Raves/Questions: My kid is adorable and so freaking smart. I love seeing the little person he is growing up to be. We spent the weekend at my mom's house because I had a baby shower to go to super far away and she watched him, and we had such a great time. We had to bed share though- awful- but he was snuggled up with me and wrapped his arm around my neck and I melted.

Bonus Question: Do you have any summer plans specifically for your toddler? (Outings, activities, etc) Lots of outside time on the swing set and sprinkler. We have passes to the local amusement/water park that we plan on doing a ton, the lake, and then our big vacation to Lake Erie in August. I'm so excited!
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week? This week feels like it has been a little bit better - I haven't been quite as tired as before so that has been helpful, and I have actually used a small bit of my brain space to think about meals that are not pizza or PB&J. Although my previously potty trained 3yo who has now decided to hold her BM's is going to send me to the crazy house!

Who is your biggest support person(s)?: DH and my mom 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with symptoms getting better? I am still nauseous and tired, but just not quite as often - as much as I welcome the reprieve I like the reassurance symptoms give me

Bonus Question: Do you have any summer plans specifically for your toddler? (Outings, activities, etc): I signed both kids up for swimming lessons - which seems like a great idea but will be a little bit of madness since 3yo will be from 4-440, and 2yo will be from 5-540. I have to be in the water with 2yo and try to come up with a plan for dinner or healthy snacks along the way. I think in the long run it will be fun, but I am starting to question my sanity. We did take them to the pool for the first time of the season yesterday and they both loved it, so that part is encouraging. 

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
    DS born 6.12.14
    #3 due 12.6.16

• Options
    Pretty good despite my nausea. She's a very good kid though, so I'm lucky there. 

DH absolutely. He does so much of the baby stuff; man he makes my life easy! He's handling poo diapers like a champ - though he did plenty of them before MS too. And every morning, he's the one who gets DD ready for school. When he's out of town, I am a mess trying to make up for all of the stuff he does.

My mom is a huge help too. She came over twice this week to help manage DD while I cleaned and got other work done.

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I'm enjoying the weird little person DD is turning into. I have a somewhat warped sense of humor, and she's following in my footsteps. She figured out how to furrow her brow (with no real emotions attached to it) a couple of months ago. So I capitalized on it, and now we encourage "angry baby" to give people the evil eye. She thinks it's hilarious, as do I. 

Anything you want to add/share? Nope

Since this is the last year DD can travel on a plane for free, we're trying to get in all of our trips at once. We're going to Texas to visit friends in early September and Portland, OR in later September. And we're driving to visit family in Tennessee in July and to a conference in New Orleans in November. Fortunately she's a wonderful traveller. She's already been to NYC and Maine on flights, and we've worked out a good system to keep her from fussing. Most of the time she'll pass out on the flight, which is awesome.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    Not so great. My 2.5 yo DS is reeeeeally challenging me this week. He is throwing tantrums like a boss, fighting naps, and whining all.the.time. I've been resorting to electronics on occasion. Or just letting him scream in his room at nap time until he falls asleep. (He is not sick, and has no physical reasons for all of these shenanigans that I can tell)

DH- He is the best dad ever. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I know DS is going to be an awesome big brother bc he is so sweet and cuddly. So I'm really excited to see that in action when this LO is here!!

DD didn't ever go through terrible twos. Seriously. Angel child. I feel like DS is the king of the terrible twos kingdom right now. Le sigh. 

We will go to the zoo and our science museum probably once every week or two. When DD is at some day camps I plan to take DS to the park or library. We are taking a break from his weekly music class this summer bc we are traveling a lot on Fridays when his class meets. I know he will miss that but we will get back into it in the fall. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Does a 9 month old count as a toddler?? 

How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week?  Not great.  My DD is not sleeping very well at all.  She is consistently up 3-4 times a night.  This has been going on for a while now.  Some nights she will just wake up once, which I can handle.  She is still EBF, but my supply plummeted when I got pregnant - so this may have something to do with it.  But, with the pretty much constant morning sickness, I'm exhausted and pretty much useless at work.

Who is your biggest support person(s)?: DH.  He gets it, but since she is still EBF, he can't do much about it.  Sometimes he will give her a bottle in the middle of the night, but unfortunately, she typically still wants me.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  Just morning sickness and her not STTN.

Bonus Question: Do you have any summer plans specifically for your toddler? (Outings, activities, etc): A lot of time at the pool and zoo. 

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    This past week was busy. Not much resting time, but it was better for DD in the end I think. The busier we are, the happier she is! 

Definitely DH. He knows what grosses me out and takes care of those things every chance he gets (I wish I could make him come home from work when DD poops). I'll also add my mom and my BMB fb group from DD. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    We told MIL and FIL last week. MIL is nowhere near as chill as my parents are and I'm not excited about her knowing because she stresses me out. It is what it is though. 

We are having everyone over for Memorial Day and will tell all the family members that don't know yet! I'm excited. I think we'll probably tell the world (or fb) not long after. 

My good friend has a baby that's a few months old. She and I try to go to the park every week and we'll start visiting the lake once the public places open up. I also foresee a lot of visits to my parents' house, which is where the good shopping (and toddler wrangling) is! 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    How've you been doing balance a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week?:  Awful.  My patience is so thin.  Today was one of those days where I swear if I heard "Mommy!" one more time I was gonna lose it. 

Who is your biggest support person(s)?:  Aside from my husband, who is amazing, I'd have to say my MIL.  I seriously wouldn't be able to do this parenting thing without her.  DH was gone 5 days for work last week and I don't think I would've made it through intact without MIL's love, support and help with my girls.

R/R/Q:  Rave (complaint?): My 2 year old threw a 25 minute tantrum this morning because I wouldn't give her candy corn for breakfast.  Toddlers are fun!  Rant: We close on our new house tomorrow.  I'm so excited!

Anything you want to add/share?:  Nope.

Bonus Question:  Nothing in particular.  Our new house has a pool and we plan on spending as much time in it as possible.  I'm sure we'll also do a ton of playdates with friends who don't get to see as much during the school year!
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Eh. We had a work trip last week and DD had teenage sitters who found it hilarious that she asks for "sack" (snacks) all day. So they fed her all day. So all day today (we got home yesterday), she's asking me for snacks. She's not even a year and a half so I think I'll be able to break this new habit quickly.

I feel like a big lump. Nausea is bad. Diclegis keeps the puking to once a day or less, but the exhaustion is also bad. DH is taking her to MyGym tomorrow. I don't have the energy to shower or be social for an hour. Guilt!!!

Who is your biggest support person(s)?: DH. Though he's ready to get rid of both our dogs. They're pooping and peeing in the house in rebellion- they aren't happy about our toddler (they were depressed when she was born) and I don't know how this will improve with a second baby.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I think I ranted and raved plenty already.

Anything you want to add/share? I'm so ready to get past the nausea!!!

Bonus Question: Do you have any summer plans specifically for your toddler? (Outings, activities, etc): We are moving from LA to Scottsdale this next month, so she'll have plenty of new adventures there! I plan to take her to the Shark Reef aquarium in Las Vegas in July when we are there for our next work trip.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @MamaWino - congrats on your new home!  I hope closing goes smoothly.

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options

How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy this past week? This week has been a smidge better. We've gotten out of the house a bit more and I've been *slightly* less nauseous which is always helpful. Still watching so much tv, but mainly limiting it to just the mornings. 

Who is your biggest support person(s)?: definitely my H. I know it's exhausting dealing with me, a toddler and a full time job right now, but he is doing so well. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm over the food aversions. We have been pissing money away eating out to pacify my random cravings. Plus I just haven't had the energy to cook. We recently bought a home so I know we don't have loads of disposable income to play around with. Ugh. 

Today is my first US and I am cautiously optimistic but really excited.

Nothing set in stone yet. We aren't very good planners and won't be able to swing any big vacations this summer. I'm hoping for some beach days and maybe a trip to the aquarium (we live in CT). 
  • Options
    DiFazette said:
    @MamaWino - congrats on your new home!  I hope closing goes smoothly.
    Thank you, @DiFazette!  The closing was great and we've had painters and contractors in the house since Tuesday night and it already looks so different!  It's crazy to think that it's only been ours for 48 hours.  And the pool gets opened tomorrow... I plan to be in it all weekend!
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers