January 2017 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Complaints Week 5.23.16

Any new complaints for this week? I've seemed to hit a smooth few days (knock on wood, fingers crossed), but am so ready to be past the constant nausea and smell/food aversions. Had to leave the room when DH cooked bacon. BACON!!!! :'(

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

Re: Pregnancy Complaints Week 5.23.16

• Options
    Carly79Carly79 member

I am feeling so gross. We had a family graduation party out of town this weekend and were staying with my inlaws. We haven't told anyone yet so I was trying to figure out how I was going to get through this weekend. Surprisingly, I started feeling pretty good on Saturday afternoon and didn't really have any problems. Other than the panic that something was wrong because I no longer felt like crap. Well, yesterday afternoon the nausea was back. It's such a love hate relationship. I am reassured by the nausea (even though I know that doesn't mean we are out of the woods yet) but I hate feeling this crappy. I can't focus at work, nothing sounds good, I get irritated with my son more easily, and just feel off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    egilonaegilona member
    I've finally started experiencing nausea commonly and noticeably enough that I'm relatively certain it's not just in my head (I sort of wondered if it was the first time I felt slightly queasy last week). It mainly seems to happen when I wake up, whether that's in the morning, middle of the night, or after a nap, but it also seems to be hanging around just a little bit longer with each passing day. Today I have a headache and no Tylenol, which is extra terrible :(

Question: does anyone else have food allergies or some other condition that could result in anaphylaxis or another similar severe reaction? I have a milk allergy (usually my reactions don't reach anaphylaxis levels, I don't think, but they are severe) and I am completely paranoid about what might happen if I have a reaction. I've cut back on eating at restaurants and am trying to be extra careful in general, but I'm still not feeling completely safe about eating. To make matters worse, whenever I google "food allergies pregnancy" all I get is a bunch of stuff about people being afraid about their kids having a food allergy. Anyone else have any actual experience or information on this? I'm planning to ask my doctor, but my first appointment isn't until a week from tomorrow.
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    DD: 1/17/17
    #2 due 7/26/20!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like I could sleep all day, but my nausea seems to be a lot better.  I slept a full 9 hours lastnight which was awesome!  8 weeks today, so I hope I get my energy back in a month or so!
  • Options
    egilona said:
    I've finally started experiencing nausea commonly and noticeably enough that I'm relatively certain it's not just in my head (I sort of wondered if it was the first time I felt slightly queasy last week). It mainly seems to happen when I wake up, whether that's in the morning, middle of the night, or after a nap, but it also seems to be hanging around just a little bit longer with each passing day. Today I have a headache and no Tylenol, which is extra terrible :(

Question: does anyone else have food allergies or some other condition that could result in anaphylaxis or another similar severe reaction? I have a milk allergy (usually my reactions don't reach anaphylaxis levels, I don't think, but they are severe) and I am completely paranoid about what might happen if I have a reaction. I've cut back on eating at restaurants and am trying to be extra careful in general, but I'm still not feeling completely safe about eating. To make matters worse, whenever I google "food allergies pregnancy" all I get is a bunch of stuff about people being afraid about their kids having a food allergy. Anyone else have any actual experience or information on this? I'm planning to ask my doctor, but my first appointment isn't until a week from tomorrow.
    I have a severe allergies to wasp/hornets that will go into full blown anaphylaxis. It makes me very nervous because I've had to use my epi pen twice and will have hives for weeks after the sting. I normally have to go on a course of steroids after a sting. So yea i feel you. It's very concerning because it is beyond your control. I would ask your doctor what to do if a reaction happens. I need to remember to bring it up to mine as well. But i know the feeling and how scary it can be.
  • Options
    @egilona I've had gluten sensitivities and was gluten free since the beginning of Dec but had to break down because I couldn't handle the thought of many things outside of crackers and plain pastas. I haven't had any adverse reactions (though it could be masked by morning sickness since that was basically my symptoms prior to going GF). I heard of a woman who had to be on the paleo diet because she couldn't have milk or grains, but then had to consume some milk while pregnant. She ended up not having any reactions because the baby was using up the nutrients from the milk. I wish I could remember her name...she did an online blog about it, so you might be able to Google her.

• Options
    Nausea! I never had it up until now. I'm 7 weeks today. The past couple days i felt nauseous in the morning i was convinced it was in my head it was so mild. This morning i felt awful. I got in the shower and threw up in the shower. Felt better after throwing up. Still don't want anything to eat or drink though. 
  • Options
    Before being preggos, you ever get so hungry that you become nauseous and almost sick feeling, dubbed 'hangry'? Well, that's how I feel every single day, all day. I can't tell whether I'm actually hungry or full. The only way I know that I'm full is that once I take a bite that's been too much for me, I start to gag and I'm done eating. Nothing seems to satisfy my taste buds. The headaches still continue as well as the exhaustion. I keep telling myself 4 more weeks until the 2nd trimester!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ooooo... I mean I get what you're saying @Lecool et al, but being pregnant really sucks sometimes and feeling that way is perfectly valid. If this isn't a place to be safe and complain, where is that safe place?

I spent 31 months trying to get pregnant. If a pregnant person tried to complain to me during that time I would have (and did) shut it down ASAP. But my experience with infertility doesn't make pregnancy magic rainbows and unicorns. It's ok to complain (to other pregnant people or our SOs), it's ok to not even like being pregnant. Those feelings are valid and don't make any of us lesser. 

I'm perfectly fine changing the post title or leaving it as is, I'm just saying don't tell me (or anyone else) not to complain here. Those feelings are valid and should be let out and commiserated with rather than continuing the nonsense misogynistic idea that pregnant women are supposed to be SO GRATEFUL for every ache, pain, gag and vomit and whatever else. That's just not healthy. 
  • Options
    @cjs260 no worries, I'm not offended, and I understand the desire to feel grateful, I guess I just wrote that book in response to a general feeling that "complaining is bad because other women are struggling" but that's not really a healthy attitude. I just wanted to openly address that anyone who HAS complained (raises hand, just not in this particular thread) shouldn't feel bad about it.

First tri freaking blows  :'(
  • Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    @TinaBelcher Couldn't agree with you more. Glad I didn't offend you! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    KarliQ88KarliQ88 member
    edited May 2016
    I don't care what it's called. Even if it's called "symptoms" just by us talking about it in a negative way that IS complaining. So it doesn't make it better or worse. I'll admit i am so happy to be pregnant and look forward to the future but i will also be honest and say it does suck. The constant nausea, the bloat, the constant peeing and every move you make you worry "am i allowed to do this?" the fact i can't even do something simple as eat a hotdog or a turkey sandwhich. It sucks i cant wait until January when it's over. I can and should be able to complain about it to other pregnant women. However YES I'm so excited to go through this journey but ill be even more happy when it is over. So I'm fine with whatever it is called because like i said even if you are talking about your symptoms in negative way you are complaining even if the thread isn't called that.

I get why "complaints" make you cringe especially if you've been trying. So if it makes others feel better i think it could be changed to "symptoms" i maybe contradicted myself but it makes sense in my head
  • Options
    Ok @Lecool.... Did you read the rest where cjs and I clarified? Obviously not so I'll C&P for you: 
    "cjs260 no worries, I'm not offended, and I understand the desire to feel grateful, I guess I just wrote that book in response to a general feeling that "complaining is bad because other women are struggling" but that's not really a healthy attitude. I just wanted to openly address that anyone who HAS complained (raises hand, just not in this particular thread) shouldn't feel bad about it."

I was addressing the vibe of the post and keeping it inclusive to the people who had already participated (or wanted to). That vibe did turn decidedly misogynistic in it's rejection of pregnancy "complaints" whether you see it or not. Societal-pushed attitudes almost always are. Again- I don't care about changing the name, I just don't dig where the post was heading. 
  • Options
    So this post turned south. I can understand where PPs are coming from. I just needed a place to specifically groan about pregnancy things because what I thought was my IRL support group has been...not supportive. And, while some are uncomfortable with using the word "complaints", I'm uncomfortable with using the word "Bitchfest" and thought others might be more comfortable venting here. Since someone has just this week started the BF board & there's already a symptoms board, I will discontinue this thread.

Peace out ladies :)

• Options
    mjolkmjolk member
    I have to complain. Dry-heaving, sick to my stomach. I've read sour candies can help so I sent SO to buy some for me. I found some in the pantry but they have sorbitol and the back disclaims excessive use has a laxative effect. Which might be an added bonus for some, but in my case it currently definitely is not.

Every Friday we go out to eat and talk with friends and now I cannot and am unsure what my excuse is --- the plague? Oh and I am carrying around a trash bag because I've found out the smell of the bathroom makes me want to gag even more, and so after an obsessive cleaning with bleach that too makes me want to gag.
    -----
    TW: Loss
    EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

• Options
    How is not wanting to complain misogynistic?  Trying to be positive in the depths of first trimester suffering, even if it's just swapping certain words like "complaints" to discussing communal "symptoms" means I'm being misogynistic?  I don't get how this has turned into such a dramatic pendulum.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    TinaBelcherTinaBelcher member
    edited May 2016
    Really @Wholesome? Days later and you can't just read through the posts? If you don't understand how specific creations of a patriarchal society are inherently misogynistic then I can't help you further. Mostly because I'm not here to teach. Figure it out or don't, but damn. 

Dead horse, beaten. 
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    Huh? Are these pregnancy hormones I'm seeing? And why does everything in our society have to be about women's equality/rights/discrimination/mysognistic/etc...etc...etc....People seems to make something out of nothing these days. Or maybe I'm just hopelessly old fashioned. It's maddening. 
    Anyway.
    I'm eternally grateful to be pregnant, but I have a COMPLAINT.
    Headaches. Headaches every day.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    cabu14cabu14 member
    edited May 2016
    Omg the horse is dead.

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Options
    I'm not going to comment on the name of the thread thing, but I have a (whatever you wanna call it) and that's the fact that every single day I am absolutely TERRIFIED that maybe something is wrong or implantation was in the wrong place, etc etc. I have tiny shooting pains (which aren't even that painful) but it has me so scared, I even may or may not have cried this morning. 3 more weeks until my first appointment and I'm already going insane...maybe I'm the only crazy one but I just needed to vent. 

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• Options
    @Dinozaur
    You're not the only crazy one! I was having a lot of shooting dull "pain" on mostly my left side(not quit pain but not quit cramps ) and it was terrifying me. But I google (I know, horrible idea...) and it is actually pretty normal! And actually this last week it has happened less and now the cramps are more "normal". So I wouldn't worry too much! If it gets too painful,  you can call your doctor. Sometimes they'll do an earlier U/S to check everything.  

With that said, my "ccomplaint" is constant dull cramps and back aches. I feel like I constantly need to crack my back!
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Jos726Jos726 member
    I feel instantly full and gassy when I do eat! I feel so nauseous when I need to eat but can't eat cause I'm so nauseous! And I'm tired and I have back pain already at 7 weeks
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    cabu14cabu14 member
    @Dinozaur @hj.Morgan. how far along are you guys? I have felt something similar since 4w

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Options
    @cabu14 I'm 4w4d right now, been feeling it for about 4 or 5 days. I'm really glad I'm not alone, I was so worried because it's not like a cramp, but more like when something hits a nerve, just a quick, shooting pain. 

• Options
    @cabu14 I am 6 weeks and 1 day. I felt it mostly through my 4th and 5th week and now it's evening out. But I have more back aches now.

@Dinozaur Does it kind of feel like when you ovulate? That's sort of how I can explain it. I could feel myself ovulate every month(it would start out as a cramp and then become a shooting pain), sometimes the intensity of the sharp pains would be so bad I would have to sit down. Now during my pregnancy it's not quite that bad. But it's a similar feeling. I'm thinking since I almost always ovulate from the left side it's either more sensitive or a cyst. Which is very common.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That's a good way to describe it, just that quick, sharp pain. I never had really bad ovulation pains, so these are about the same intensity. I'm pretty positive I ovulated from the right side this time and the pains are coming from the right side, so I wonder if that's all it is. It doesn't hurt when I strain or anything, but sometimes when I roll over in bed or move the wrong way.

• Options
    One word: constipation
  • Options
    bp4runner said:
    One word: constipation
    At this point I'm feeling like I'll just never poop again. 
  • Options
    mjolkmjolk member
    Holy heartburn. Second night I couldn't sleep without taking an antacid and sitting up. It was so sudden and I hadn't had heart burn since I have been a kid. I didn't think this started so early but I eat a lot of spicy food? 
    -----
    TW: Loss
    EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

• Options
    I have another issue! Not sure if it's just me, but it seems like no matter how much water I drink my lips are constantly dry and flaky and now my elbows are dry and itchy!

Also, my itchy breast have now become sore nipples. The weirdest part is it's mostly my right breast, it's even bigger!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well this is a pretty random thing to complain about but it's really driving me nuts. My sense of smell is making hand soap so strong that whenever I wash before my I eat the smell of my hands over powers the food I eat and it really ruins the food. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏