June 2016 Moms
Options

What have you tried to kickstart labor and how did it work for you?

Re: What have you tried to kickstart labor and how did it work for you?

• Options
    I'm currently 40 weeks and 2 days. Lurking from the May board.

Ive tried spicy foods. Sex daily (honestly I'm not complaining. I don't find it uncomfortable in the slightest.) pineapple and stairs. None have worked so far. But I'm 2 cm dilated and 50 percent effaced. I have an induction scheduled on the 6th so I'm trying the above methods twice as much trying to go naturally before then.  :#
  • Options
    bray1214 said:
    I'm currently 40 weeks and 2 days. Lurking from the May board.

Ive tried spicy foods. Sex daily (honestly I'm not complaining. I don't find it uncomfortable in the slightest.) pineapple and stairs. None have worked so far. But I'm 2 cm dilated and 50 percent effaced. I have an induction scheduled on the 6th so I'm trying the above methods twice as much trying to go naturally before then.  :#
    Good luck! Hoping for labour to start before Monday! And yay for a June baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Literally just finished pumping. Praying that it works because I'm exhausted and crying and literally hate everyone today.
  • Options
    Last time I tried: eggplant, pineapple, Thai food, sex, pumping/nipple stimulation, membrane sweeps, acupuncture, chiropractic.  Nothing worked and I gave up and two days later I went into labor on my own after doing absolutely nothing but going for a short walk that day.
  • Options
    I'm slightly ashamed to say I bought a pineapple at the store today.... I told myself it was because it's delicious and the whole family loves it. Inside I know the truth - I'm hoping it will get things started....
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    NLewis1 said:
    I'm slightly ashamed to say I bought a pineapple at the store today.... I told myself it was because it's delicious and the whole family loves it. Inside I know the truth - I'm hoping it will get things started....
    I did this yesterday...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    NLewis1 said:
    I did this yesterday...
    Hehehe me too!  
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    NLewis1 said:
    I did this yesterday...
    Hehehe me too!  
    Guilty as charged.  Tomorrow I might get an eggplant parm sandwich cause it's just so "yummy"
  • Options
    Wait, eggplant is supposed to work? I've never heard that one. Bring on the baba ghanoush!
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jennk0118jennk0118 member
    edited June 2016
    I've been pumping.. No contraction.. Only thing is that my nipples which has been very sensitive this whole pregnancy is now more sensitive.
  • Options
    I had contractons, they stopped, we had sex, they started back up, 15 hrs later i was holding my girl
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I'm 38 weeks now, so I'm going to start trying some things soon. But with my first, I tried EVERYTHING!!! Nothing worked. I ended up being induced and having the baby at 42 weeks. I'm praying and hoping so hard to start a natural labor this time around. Being induced sucks so hard!
    Me: 32, DH: 35
    Married to DH: 11-13-10
    DS #1: EDD: 9/25/12, Born 10-9-12
    DS #2: EDD: 6-19-16, Born 6-14-16
  • Options
    2 days passed EDD. Tried sex, spicy foods, walking, EPO, raspberry leaf tea. Nothing. 
  • Options
    Just bought a box of raspberry leaf tea going to drink it like it's going out of style
  • Options
    Enjoyed some eggplant parm today. I like it anyway, so wasn't going out of my way to eat it, but I was hoping that maybe it would work!

• Options
    sorarose said:
    Enjoyed some eggplant parm today. I like it anyway, so wasn't going out of my way to eat it, but I was hoping that maybe it would work!

Haha I did too. I have some left over for tomorrow's lunch too.  You know, since its so yummy. 
  • Options
    Just sent my hubby out to get a pineapple after walking so much today and nothing happening. 4 days overdue

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    sorarose said:

Haha I did too. I have some left over for tomorrow's lunch too.  You know, since its so yummy. 
    I ate my leftovers for dinner...I will likely get a pineapple pizza this week, which I also love. Come to think of it, I started having contractions with DS as I was picking up a pineapple pizza last time and had to rush to L&D because I dilated (and started bleeding) a few hours after dinner. 

• Options
    I know not everyone's doc offers it but at my 40 week appointment I had my first and only membrane sweep. I was already 3cm, 80% effaced. the sweep was not painful at all and I started having semi regular contractions immediately, went into full blown labor within 2-3 hours. 
    I had been sitting at 2cm since 36 weeks, by 38 weeks, my H and i were having sex regularly, constantly sat on my yoga ball, stayed active with my 3 year old, nothing was working. The membrane sweep was very successful for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I've tried every trick possible pineapple, red rasberry leaf, spicy foods, walking, yoga ball, nipple stimulation, and sex. Nothing seems to be working I'm 39 weeks and 5 days and only 1 CM still and have been that way since 37 weeks. At this point I'm just going to let her come when she is ready. My OB office wouldn't do a membrane sweep until I'm 3/4 cm dilated and they also induce before you reach 41 weeks so part of me thinks I'm going to have to be induced.
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• Options
    Went to breakfast, ran several errands with my mom then took a walk with my girls and so far only a few contractions. I'm planning on a second walk after dinner. #operationgetthisbabyoutofme is in full swing here!
  • Options
    I'm 40 weeks and 5 days now and nothing is helping. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had irregular contractions all evening yesterday, so I went for a long walk to try to help them along. They stopped as soon as I started walking :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So far I've tried:
    Sex
    Walking
    Squat exercises 
    Spicy food
    Nipple Stimulation
    Yoga ball
    At my 39 week appointment I was 2cm, my next appt is this Thursday so we'll see if there's at least been a little progress - assuming I don't go into labor today or tomorrow.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    Just bought a box of raspberry leaf tea going to drink it like it's going out of style
    Careful....it can make you poop a LOT. I have 1-3 cups a day and it's made me go a lot.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options
    I'm 39w3d today and it's my husbands AND my sisters birthday! We all thought it would be so awesome to have the baby share a birthday with them. Had some painful contractions this morning and got excited, but they've stopped since :( I've been walking, eating fresh pineapple and lots of sex but baby doesn't seem ready. 
  • Options
    Diesel615 said:
    Tawny87 said:
    Careful....it can make you poop a LOT. I have 1-3 cups a day and it's made me go a lot.
    Can it?  That would explain my sudden increase in bowel movements lol and I thought it was my body getting ready. Dang.  I just made some more tea to drink iced because it's too damn HOT here right now. I wasn't drinking it every day, but I plan on it now to help things along. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Diesel615 said:
    Tawny87 said:
    Can it?  That would explain my sudden increase in bowel movements lol and I thought it was my body getting ready. Dang.  I just made some more tea to drink iced because it's too damn HOT here right now. I wasn't drinking it every day, but I plan on it now to help things along. 
    Thanks for the heads up. I have only drank it once but should definitely drink a cup today... Iced, because it's definitely around 85 degrees lol
  • Options
    I haven't done anything to kickstart labor except sex, but really that's just for the fun of it. My dr told me yesterday to have more orgasms, so there's that I suppose. Now that I know raspberry leaf tea can cause increase bowel movements, I think I'll just bypass it. I have plenty of movements as it is already!  ;) 
  • Options
    Diesel615 said:
    Tawny87 said:
    Oh boy I thought it was just me. That stuff makes you POOP. 
  • Options
    Diesel615 said:
    Tawny87 said:
    I'm not complaining, if it helps other things along I'll take it. Besides....I'd rather go than be backed up and not able to go.  Hasn't given me the runs, I just go multiple times a day. I'm about to try it iced cause it's really hot here, too. We'll see how it is. 
    Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options
    My husband was off work today so we decided it would be "fun" to look up how to naturally encourage labor and try them out. (I'm due in two days).

Heres what we have tried in the last 24 hours
    -fresh oregano 
    -acupressure points
    -climbing stairs
    -squats
    -walking (3 mile hike)
    -sex
    -nipple stimulation 
    -Chinese food
    -yoga
    -rasberry leaf tea 
    -bumpy car ride (this wasn't planed, just made a wrong turn on our way to the hiking trail)

so far nothing but a slight increase in Braxton hicks. Not that I really expected it to work. I think tomorrow I'll test the idea the relaxing brings on labor. I'm beat! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    arteduc8arteduc8 member
    edited June 2016
    DD was badly sitting on my right lower back. My chiropractor adjusted me on Wednesday and I had some relief. He said sometimes it helps move labor on by helping baby drop, but thought my adjustment didn't yield those results. Saturday we went out to eat for my birthday and I had a ton of pineapple. Sunday we went shopping and I walked as much as I could around the stores but had bad back pain still. Took a nap after lunch that day, woke up, and my water was leaking. I gave birth just after 8 Monday morning. I wasn't even dilated or having true contractions yet so they had to induce with pitocin. 
  • Options
    Evening primrose oil... I was 9 days over due, 1capsule in my vagina before I went to bed and BAM! woke up in labor at 4 am
  • Options
    I am due in 2 days. 7 days ago I was 2cm dilated and 75% effaced. I have been sitting on a ball, going on walks and having sex. I don't feel like I am progressing. We'll see how my appt goes in 2 days.