December 2016 Moms
Options

Crafty Mamas Come In!

Are any of you making things for baby? I've crocheted a few hats, and I am working on a blanket - not sure if I am liking how it looks so far though.

Me:27   H:30
Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
Trying to conceive since 01.2014
Low AFC and azoospermia
IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Crafty Mamas Come In!

• Options
    I haven't started anything for new baby but I'm making an ISpy quilt for DS. Just need to back and quilt it! 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    I made a lot of my nursery decor (thanks, Pinterest) like little tassel  banners for above her change table, a big wooden initial with towel hooks etc. For my DD and will likely do the same once this LO is born with a new colour scheme. 

My my mom knitted and crocheted so many little hats which were so valuable for a winter babe! I can reuse them but I'm sure there will be more on the way. I wish I knew how to knit/crochet (or had the time and patience!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    I'm planning on knitting a blanket, at least two hats and a Christmas sweater.  I'm going to wait until the anatomy scan before I'll start because I'll want the blanket to match whatever nursery theme we decide on.  It will probably take forever to decide on patterns since it's MY baby and not a gift haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    I've knitted and crocheted many items for both girls...I need to get started on a blanket for new baby, I am just waiting on blue or pink lol. 
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    I crochet too! I plan on making a hat for the new baby, and I also want to make matching toys for DD and #2. I'll probably crochet them both reindeer or elves or something. I have an etsy shop and am too busy with orders now, but I plan on closing down shop this fall probably so that I can make all the things for our kiddos! 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    I just finished an owl cocoon for L and will try to finish one for new baby, so they can have Christmas pics in them.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    R0824HR0824H member
    I do not knit or crochet but I would love to learn, my coworker does a ton of crocheting so I might ask her to teach me...if I suck at it I know where to go to get things made lol
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I don't really knit or crochet, but I would love to learn to quilt.  Our nursery plan is to just do a neutral wall and then for me to paint large canvases with whatever art/theme we decide on, so I will be making that.
  • Options

This is is what I'm working on. It'll have to do.

Low AFC and azoospermia

• Options
    I plan to make a quilt. After I finish our wedding quilt...which I haven't done. I have fabric for burp cloths (it's not cheaper just seemed like a nice fun project). Probably will make most nursery decor. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I wish I were crafty!  The most craftiness I have done is hot-gluing and stapling to make decorative wreathes.  But I have some crafty family members and friends, so I will probably end up with some homemade things for the Bean (they just won't be made by this mama.)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I knit off and on, and I'm really excited to make warm things for my own baby - I've made gifts but always wonder if anyone really likes or uses them. I know I'll use my own with a winter baby in upstate NY. Booties, legwarmers, kimono sweaters...if I can find the time.
  • Options
    @dmontgo Yes... I am the same way! I just ordered a crocheted Santa hat and booties to include in our public announcement. I figure I am helping someone who is crafty!

I used to think I was pretty creative, but after college... it all went out the window. I am hoping it comes back someday, but I don't mind doing some DIY things. I did a few for our wedding and they actually turned out well.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JEM525JEM525 member
    My DS has a elephant Themed Nursary, all linens, quilt, and curtains were sewn by myself and MIL. I made his elephant mobile and a stuffed elephant with pictures of his grandparents sewn into the inside ears. I'm going to do the same for this new bean but its all going to be Fox themed. I want to wait to start until we find out the sex! But I'm super excited about the pattern for the quilt my MIL and I chose. 
  • Options
    JEM525JEM525 member
    Are you allowed to post your etsy page on here if so... Ladies, do it! I love browsing easy for presents! 
  • Options
    @Christinaruth74 those are beautiful!

Low AFC and azoospermia

• Options
    @cayaylonglegs thank you!

@beff12 love it! It's so therapeutic 
  • Options
    I'm making an r2d2 quilt, star wars sheets, star wars curtains (maybe), star wars burp clothes, star wars blankied/taggies, and will be painting some star wars themed decorations. Can anyone tell what our theme is? 

I learned to sew after DD was born so she just got paintings. Poor kid.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @aevan011 those are adorable! They would be perfect rolled up around a diaper cake too!

Low AFC and azoospermia

• Options
    @cayaylonglegs That's a good idea! Thank you!
  • Options
    emisiemisi member
    @aevan011 Could you add elastic that would go under your arm and button on the opposite side?  Babies love to pull off burp cloths, it would be awesome if they secured.

As for me, I'm going to start knitting a blanket and a matching bonnet pretty soon.  Then I have some sweater patterns to work on for both kids.  :)
    Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I wish I was crafty like you ladies! @mamabirdoftwo that looks beautiful! Love the little fox leggings. 
  • Options
    @mamabirdoftwo those clothes are so cute! i'm guessing you use a sewing machine? do you make your own patterns or get them somewhere else?

for DD i crocheted a sweater, a hat, some booties, and a dress. there's something really soothing and satisfying about crocheting, i think i did it more to relax myself than to make things for her, haha!
  • Options
    @revelatory7  i have a sewing machine and I purchase patterns. I haven't quite made it to making my own just yet. I have tried to make them but I need practice... A lot of practice.
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    @mamabirdoftwo those are so impressive! They look professionally made!!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    @mamabirdoftwo Love your fabric choices! Do you have any designer/pattern maker recommendations for newborn patterns? I've been looking for a sleep-sack pattern, but haven't found any.
  • Options
    @emisi That is yet another awesome idea. It could be done!

@mamabirdoftwo - I've been looking at some easy patterns for clothing! Super cute! Also looked for that type of fabric for blankets but our 2 stores with fabric don't have it :(.
    Also I'm a little obsessed with foxes...those are adorbs. 
  • Options
    @mrsashleywilson I don't have a particular designer. I usually go through etsy for patterns and read their reviews to make sure other people are happy with the patterns. I just did a quick search for sleep sacks and they have a bunch! You should totally check them out. 

@aevan011 I have never been able to find cotton gauze or muslin fabric in different color choices in any store... Just white and I'm not a fan of dying fabric. I usually order all my fabric online. Fabric.com is where I get cotton gauze, girlcharlee.com has really cute printed knit fabric for a good price and spoonflower.com has amazingggg prints and you can make custom prints there as well. 
  • Options
    @mamabirdoftwo you're my hero. I've heard of spoonflower but not girlcharlee. Was always afraid to order online being unsure of quality. Thank you!
  • Options
    maamawaabangimaamawaabangi member
    edited June 2016
    Those who make your own muslin swaddlers... Where do you buy your fabric? 

I'm also contemplating making my own fitted crib sheet with fun fabric, since buying nice ones are sooooo pricey! 

Due December 27th with baby #7