August 2016 Moms
Options

Pulled round ligament- remedies?

mamaqdubumamaqdubu member
edited May 2016 in August 2016 Moms
I think I pulled my round ligament on my right side from vomiting during a stomach bug this past week. I'm not in excruciating pain, but it's constant and dull underneath the right side of my belly. I've been trying to rest, and use a warm compress. Any other suggestions? I have my monthly appt on Wednesday so I'll ask my Dr about it then. 

Re: Pulled round ligament- remedies?

• Options
    cm716cm716 member
    Round ligament pain is generally defined as the opposite of what you're describing-sharp and fleeting .

I have never experienced the pain you are describing personally. I would recommend calling your doctor's office they usually have a nurse's line available after hours.good luck!
  • Options
    Yeah I think it's common to have round ligament pain that's sharp when you twist, bend, sneeze, etc, but if you actually pull/strain the muscle beyond the initial sharp pain, it can linger. But, perhaps I'm wrong. I'll ask my doc, just seeing if anyone else has experienced the same. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Get a maternity support belt if you haven't already ! They help immensely !! I was skeptical when my ob told me to get one,bit after talking to a bunch of mom friends I went ahead and ordered one from amazon.SOOOO glad I did.huge improvement !