July 2016 Moms
Options

Sunday Ticker Change

How far along are you? Size comparison? 

Baby related stuff this week? 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms? 

GTKY: What's the thing you're looking forward to doing most once you have your babe?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change

• Options
    KASGKASG member
    How far along are you? Size comparison? 30 weeks!! 

Baby related stuff this week? Only my OBGYN appointment on Friday. 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms? Slight rant: my GD test was this past Wednesday and the lady told me if all was normal we'd talk about it at my next appointment, but if not then they'd call by Friday. I get a call Thursday but right before they closed and I had missed the call. So naturally I'm worried. I call Friday and it turns out I have low iron. I'm thankful it's not GD, but geez!! 

Symptoms: the uzh -- HEARTBURN, pelvic pain, general fatigue, achy feet... I also had my tdap vaccine so my arm is sore.

GTKY: What's the thing you're looking forward to doing most once you have your babe? Watching her learn (and teaching her, of course)!!
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    agradiagradi member
    How far along are you? Size comparison? 31 week/ asparagus or coconut...?

Baby related stuff this week? Nothing until June 2. Getting my TDap that day also. 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms? Sleep has been happening, for the most part. Other than that, I'm officially wearing a support belt because it feels like I pulled a muscle in my side, heartburn all the times, swollen feet... Those are the nice ones I guess. 

GTKY: What's the thing you're looking forward to doing most once you have your babe? Just having him here. I can't wait to just hold and snuggle him. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? Size comparison? 33 weeks

Baby related stuff this week? We bought her brand new used once bassinet off of craigslist for a steal this weekend! We are also working right along on our bedroom and I cant wait to set it up once we are done. I painted a dresser and put all of her clothes away. Now we just need a car seat and we are good to go.

GTKY: What's the thing you're looking forward to doing most once you have your babe? Honestly, breastfeeding and all the time to hold her. That and babywearing. I love the feel of a little newborn wrapped up on me and I got a beautiful fidella fly tai carrier that I can't wait to try. And, dressing her. I'm excited to do the girl thing again after so many boys. I guess I can't just choose one thing, I'm so excited to just meet her and have her here!

Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options
    32 weeks/squash

No appointments or anything but I am washing some clothes and diapers today.

Pure exhaustion.

GTKY: What's the thing you're looking forward to doing most once you have your babe?
    I'm looking forward to having my body back (minus the boobs) but also experiencing having a baby girl. I know the bond will be different from the bond I have with my son.
  • Options
    jjtrufflesjjtruffles member
    edited May 2016
    33 weeks/ferret

Nothing this week

Too tired and too sore to move. The back pain, crotch/pelvic pain, & swollen feet/ankles are unbearable by the time I get home from work. Finally sitting down to relax always feels so good but it makes it that much worse when I have to get back up. I've been noticing more braxton hicks recently too, especially when I have to pee. Lots of fun stuffff.

Just taking it all in & watching him grow. I also can't wait to sleep on my stomach again!
  • Options

How far along are you? Size comparison? 30 weeks. Zucchini- does America have monster size zucchini's? In Australia they are like max. 20 cm long.

Baby related stuff this week? Nothing this week. I might have to call and get a hospital physio appointment because I am in so much pain due to my hips. We had our class on Saturday and it was good on providing lots of info on pain relief (though it felt like they were really pushing going natural) but I had hoped there would be more about after baby.

The hospital is really nice- pools in most birthing suites (though I think they won't let use one because I have epilepsy), balls, aromatherapy equipment, they do delayed cord clamping, immediate skin to skin with either mum or dad, don't do any examinations until at least an hour afterwards and baths aren't until at least 24 hours after birth. I get 2 hours in the room after the birth and then go upstairs to the ward, where my husband is allowed to stay (in most cases). They don't have a nursery so baby will be with me the whole time. I can stay up to 48 hours which I will probably do just to get as much help from the midwives as I can.

Rants / Raves / Symptoms? My blood pressure is all over the shop (like borderline pre-eclamptic to low blood pressure), the hormonal head aches are crazy, my dislocating hips are giving me so much trouble I was begging for pre-term labour last night simply because I don't think I can do 10 more weeks of this pain (which is absolutely terrible of me to say and I feel horrible for even thinking it).

On the positive Bean is moving like absolute crazy. My mum used to be a midwife and had a feel of where he is, and his head was wedged in my right rib, his butt in my left rib and his legs are up the top. He did so much movement last night I could have sworn he flipped. I had a feel like my mum did, and felt right on the surface at the top of my stomach what was either a foot or his head. I got DH to have a feel, and Bean kicked him really hard and moved it- turns out it was his foot. So after all that movement he hadn't even moved.

GTKY: What's the thing you're looking forward to doing most once you have your babe? Just playing with him. I want to dress him up and take him to Christmas things (I'm thinking way ahead here), and watching him grow up. I'm just excited for him to be here.

Little boy due July 31st 2016