December 2016 Moms
Options

Pap smear bleeding?

Yesterday was my first appointment, so I had a Pap smear. I had some vomiting last night, and then right at about noon today I noticed some brown spotting. No cramping, no clots, no tissue. For any of you other ladies, did you experience a little bit of bleeding after a pap smear or a vaginal exam? Both the pap smear and vaginal exam were excruciatingly painful for me for some reason, but that was at about 10 am yesterday and I haven't had any bleeding until noon today. Just wondering if this sounds pretty routine or if I should be getting on the phone with my OB?

Re: Pap smear bleeding?

• Options
    Pgh_KelPgh_Kel member
    I had some light brown spotting for 2 days after my Pap smear.  It wasn't constant, maybe 2-3 times each day.  My doctor told me that might happen after the pap and not to be concerned as long as it was brown and I didn't have pain along with it.

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Spotting after a pap smear is completely normal during pregnancy! My doctor actually handed me a pantyliner afterwards and said to expect it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't have any spotting after my Pap smear but everytime I've been pregnant and had one done, my doctor has warned me that I might have alittle bit of spotting. I think it's fairly coming after a Pap smear because they're basically swabbing your cervix which has extra blood flow while you're pregnant. 
  • Options
    I too had some brown spotting right after my initial pap smear.  She said it could last 2-5 days.
  • Options
    I actually had bleeding 3 days after my pap smear. My doctor never told me to expect any bleeding, so I freaked out! I went in for an ultrasound and the baby was fine. 
  • Options
    RatsPJRatsPJ member
    My doc warned me that I might have some spotting after my pap, so as long as you aren't cramping or seeing red blood I think you're fine
  • Options
    Okay thanks everyone! My OB hadn't warned me so I wanted to make sure it was okay. :)