October 2016 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 5.21.16

How many weeks?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?

GTKY: If you won the lottery (say something ridiculously large like the Powerball), what would you do with it?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 5.21.16

• missmaehurtmissmaehurt member
    edited May 2016
    How many weeks?
    20 weeks, halfway there!

What size is baby?
    A banana

Upcoming appointments?
    We have an appointment with our midwife on Tuesday, just a routine 4 week appointment. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    The shortness of breath is real. Even though I'm not supposed to be doing much, we're moving and I refuse to not help, but it's crazy how winded I get in a short time. 

Horrible headache right now, took some Tylenol hoping it would go away. 

GTKY: If you won the lottery (say something ridiculously large like the Powerball), what would you do with it?
    I'd pay off all of our, my dad's, and DH mom's debt; bank a lot for bean and college; and take my dad on a trip back to Vietnam. He was in the war and has always talked about wanting to go back, I think it would be incredible to give him the opportunity. 
  • @nataliemaephotography I'm having the shortness of breath also. I was walking to my car yesterday with a coworker and telling her a story and was panting as if we were jogging.

How many weeks?
    18 weeks. So close to halfway!

What size is baby?
    The size of a tall, decaf, non-fat Frappuccino with whipped cream and a caramel drizzle ;)

Upcoming appointments?
    Anatomy Scan on Tuesday. I'm counting the seconds and praying this LO is 100% healthy. Excited to hopefully find out the sex as well!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm having my usual pre-US jitters and worrying that something is wrong. I keeping checking the size of my bump and wondering if it's growing, feeling around for how firm it feels and trying to compare it to how firm it felt yesterday. I'm crazy y'all.

I'm super puffy and fluffy with (b)acne and spider veins. Just not feeling so great about myself these days... I told a coworker we're hoping to find out the sex on Tuesday and she goes "I think it's a girl because you know what they say, 'girls steal your beauty'"... ummm, thanks?

I would pay off all my debt (student loans and CC) and my families debts, buy an amazing plot of land and build my dream home, by DH his Lamborghini, put away a huge chunk for this LO for college, travel the world, make a huge donation to the Trevor Project and Planned Parenthood and a few other charities, adopt all the animals that need a mommy, and probably invest in real estate and flip houses or something very HGTV.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • How many weeks? 20

What size is baby? An ice cream sandwich.

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan isn't until May 31st and my monthly appointment is June 1st.  It seems eons away.

Rants/Raves/Questions? My husband (I mean my son) got me four prenatal massages for Mother's Day.  My first one is on June 1st.  I've never had a professional massage, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Still nauseated after eating most days.  And, like the others, shortness of breath is becoming a real issue.

GTKY: If you won the lottery (say something ridiculously large like the Powerball), what would you do with it? I'd pay off my student loans and maybe look for a bigger house.  I've always wanted to write a novel and my husband hates his job, so he'd probably quit and stay home with the kids while I rent a little office space and go to write every day.
  • I'm with you on the shortness of breath- I get winded walking up the steps to my classroom every morning. 
    How many weeks? 
    20- half baked! 

What size is baby? banana

Upcoming appointments? Our next monthly appointment is 5/31. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have been miserably sick this whole week, and of course freaking out about taking meds. I went to the doctor Thursday, and she said it will probably last another week- wah! Thank God for technology- I taught 7 classes yesterday and typed most of my directions and displayed them on the smart board because my voice is nothing but a whisper. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I think right now, my symptoms are all sickness and not much pregnancy. 

GTKY: If you won the lottery (say something ridiculously large like the Powerball), what would you do with it? I would pay off our mortgage, H's student loans and some credit card debt, save a bunch, then travel as much as possible. I've often said I don't think I would quit my job, but I would not feel as guilty taking days off. 
  • edited May 2016
    How many weeks? 20 weeks, half baked!

What size is baby? an A&W root beer

Upcoming appointments? We have our A/S on Thursday.  I'm so excited, and waffling on the inside on team green, but DH is convincing me to stay strong.  Either way, can't wait to see baby and hoping for positive news.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Baby has been kicking and moving around like crazy.  Love this little being so much already.  Big sister has been hugging and kissing my belly, which makes me melt. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Acid reflux like crazy.  I'm taking Tums and Pepcid, but holy crap.  I will say again I'll take just about anything over 1st tri nausea, but reflux is pretty damn miserable too.  I've thrown up the past 2 nights because it feels like fire is literally traveling up my throat.  A change in diet might be in order.  I've been avoiding caffeine and peanut butter (sad!) but trying to pinpoint other triggers besides the obvious spicy and tomato based foods.
    ETA: yes to the shortness of breath!  I do spin class most weeks, but climbing our stairs about knocks me on my ass.  Huffing and puffing every time.

GTKY: If you won the lottery (say something ridiculously large like the Powerball), what would you do with it? Probably pay off my parents and siblings houses and any debts, travel the world, buy a larger house (but not a mcmansion, we don't need anything huge), put money aside for kids' college funds, have DH quit his job and do something he loves just for fun.  Maybe pay for a surrogate to have baby #3 because I'd love to have more kids, but HELL NO to being pregnant again.  That leaves a lot of money still, so who knows?  Most of those powerball jackpots are an unfathomable amount of money.  I can't imagine how you could spend it all.

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • How many weeks? 18 weeks

What size is baby? Size of a sweet potato!

Upcoming appointments? My AS appt and fundal measurements is on the 31 and I am so excited!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have a question. Anyone elses SO, DH, or BF been extremely emotional? My SO is one of those men who are introverts and rarely ever show his emotions but lately I feel like he has been emotional.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? no symptoms I can think about, no cravings, but I no longer like lettuce. The thought of lettuce makes me want to gag and it makes me utterly sick to eat it.

GTKY: If you won the lottery (say something ridiculously large like the Powerball), what would you do with it? I would pay off SO and mines student loans, pay off his parent home, put some in a CD to build upon it, and buy us a forever home. (probably adopt 500 animals ;) )

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • How many weeks? 17

What size is baby? pomegranate

Upcoming appointments? none til 6/9- anatomy scan and regular check up- really really ready for it to happen. so anxious to see that everything is ok!

Rants/Raves/Questions? appetite is currently out of control. especially in the evening.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? quite a bit of pelvic discomfort. achy, mostly low and in the center near my pubic symphysis

Buy a house that is more suited for our needs (not huge), pay off debt, put a bunch in savings to allow me to stay home with my kiddos and open a kids gym (yes it'd be a job, but it's more of a passion than a job), not for super tiny kids but for school aged kids who need a place to work out but dont/cant play sports. it'd be a very happening place to be and would get kids out and MOVING.
    DS 5/10/13
    New Bundle of Joy- EDD 10/27/16
  • How many weeks? 18

What size is baby? Artichoke

Upcoming appointments? A monthly appointment on 5/24 and the anatomy scan on 6/3.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Finally felt baby move on the outside yesterday, but when I told my husband he wasn't interested in feeling the baby; he wanted to read his book. :/

GTKY: If you won the lottery (say something ridiculously large like the Powerball), what would you do with it? I'd pay off debt, invest in silver and gold, and take a vacation to Disneyland with my family.  Probably would buy a farm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • naravnanaravna member
    Sorry I post this so late...

@Ashleymn: yes! It's like we're both pregnant. I don't know if it's just a random phase or if it's really related to pregnancy, but it's kind of funny.

How many weeks? 20

What size is baby? banana

Upcoming appointments? I'm scheduling one with my OB three weeks from now. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? It's been more real since two weeks ago when baby finally started to move every day. Also my bump is looking like a real bump now.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Lower back pain. I've been told it's nothing to worry about, that it will pass, but I'm a little worried, because I have some minor back issues (mostly due to poor posture), and pregnancy seems to take a toll on my back even this early.

GTKY: If you won the lottery (say something ridiculously large like the Powerball), what would you do with it? Buy a nice house with a kitchen garden, work only part-time at my current job (but still work!), pay off debts, travel and buy a bunch of cars I don't need :) I would invest and donate the rest.

• How many weeks?  19!

What size is baby?  a mango, and now I have to avoid mangoes for the week, or I feel cannabilistic

Upcoming appointments?  anatomy scan yesterday 5/23

Rants/Raves/Questions?  everything is irritating me; had to go to the mall on Sunday and almost lost my shiz; 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Feeling large(r) and in charge

GTKY: If you won the lottery (say something ridiculously large like the Powerball), what would you do with it?   Pay off our mortgage; boringly invest the rest and live a pretty ballin' lifestyle on 300k/yr or however much we can draw and reasonably maintain the balance (<-------budget nerd)  *ballin' lifestyle would include traveling, visiting family for extended periods, helping family members, and donating time and money to charity
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019