2nd Trimester

Anyone that hasn't started yet?

Gah! I haven't started yet but as soon as we told people, the first question was, "Where are you registered?"
My big project at work happens at the beginning of June so I am just postponing all baby-related obsessing until after that. Where should I start when I... well, start? It's so overwhelming, so many options, how do I know what's best quality/practicality?

Re: Anyone that hasn't started yet?

• I personally registered at Buy Buy Baby and Target. Honestly, I went to my friends who recently had babies, and looked through their registries to see what I should add! Being a first time mom, it's overwhelming all the things there are. So looking at other peoples registries helped a lot! I also liked doing it online. I still plan on going to the store and looking at things in person. But even if you have a few minutes here and there, go online and just look at different options! :)
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Whitmore1027 has some good ideas, never thought about looking at others registries! Going to do that now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Babies r Us has a suggestion/check list. Granted when I made mine I used my gut and went with practical stuff that wouldn't take up space (i.e. I don't need a high chair right this minute so I didn't add one, and i didn't register for clothing). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • bsckgb7bsckgb7 member
    I have been using LuciesList and it's a really comprehensive list with information and breaks it out by price-point. 
  • I registered at Buy Buy Baby and Amazon. People loved having the Amazon registry and they have a checklist of common registry items. Also just google "baby registry must-haves" and you'll get a lot of info. 
  • Lucie's List 100%!!! I've also heard people recommend the Baby Bargains book.  Both those are very honest about what you do and don't need.  I love Amazon registry because you can also add items from any other store on it (we had stuff from PBK, Target, etc).  People don't buy through Amazon for those, but it consolidates it in one place.  If you're looking for registry completion discounts at other stores, you can always create fake registries or just add a few things and you'll get the discount!
  • I have some ideas and added some things to Wish Lists, but they'll probably remain that way for awhile.

We're getting some stuff from my SIL, and once we know what all that is... it will be easier. My IL's have already said they'd buy us the crib (they did that for the first of DH's siblings), so that will be nice. I am sure my parents will help with some stuff too.

When the time comes... probably Buy Buy Baby and Target. Maybe Babies R Us, too. Spread some stuff out.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I registered at Amazon so I could use reviews to help me decide between different products. Also I live in the USA but my shower will be in Canada so it's an easier way to have one registry that everyone can use and I'm hoping people ship direct to me so I don't have to claim everything at the border.