November 2015 Moms
Options

FFFC

I have never been so freaked out about a late period in my life. AF has been clockwork since Jane was born, but now I'm 9 days late and frequently nauseated. Pee test yesterday was negative, but I just can't stop freaking out about it. Ugh, I need some chocolate. 

Let's hear your confessions, ladies.

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Not really a confession but kind of.... We were taking DS's 6 month pictures on our screened in porch (that has a concrete floor that we have a thin outdoor rug over) and he was sitting up and I was right there and DH was taking the pics and in the blink of an eye he fell backwards and I didn't catch him :( he started crying but only for a few minutes. But that's the first time he's gotten "hurt" and I feel AWFUL. this mom gig is tough. Holy. Guilt. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used the funeral of my husbands cousins father in law as an excuse to get out of the house and have other people hold my kid. I just needed 1 hour where I wasn't responsible for him.
  • Options
    chein1chein1 member
    I used the funeral of my husbands cousins father in law as an excuse to get out of the house and have other people hold my kid. I just needed 1 hour where I wasn't responsible for him.
    My uncle passed away, and my MIL came to our house to watch my daughters. We went out to breakfast beforehand and I spent like 2 hours getting ready. I felt so guilty making a "date" out of a funeral but desperate times call for desperate measures. 
  • Options
    gipfish said:
    gipfish said:
    I have never been so freaked out about a late period in my life. AF has been clockwork since Jane was born, but now I'm 9 days late and frequently nauseated. Pee test yesterday was negative, but I just can't stop freaking out about it. Ugh, I need some chocolate. 

Giiirl my period was super late and I kept getting negative tests. Then I tested a few days later with a FRER and it was positive. I had been using the cheap-o blue dye tests before.

Well, it's faint, but it looks like I'm pregnant. Surprise! Wasn't planning that one at all. 
    Congratulations!!! I'm sure you're feeling all of the feelings that there are to feel. Feel free to PM me anytime if you want to commiserate on dealing with a 6 month old and the first trimester in all its puky sleepy glory.
  • Options
    gipfishgipfish member
    gipfish said:
    gipfish said:

Giiirl my period was super late and I kept getting negative tests. Then I tested a few days later with a FRER and it was positive. I had been using the cheap-o blue dye tests before.

Well, it's faint, but it looks like I'm pregnant. Surprise! Wasn't planning that one at all. 
    Congratulations!!! I'm sure you're feeling all of the feelings that there are to feel. Feel free to PM me anytime if you want to commiserate on dealing with a 6 month old and the first trimester in all its puky sleepy glory.
    Thanks for the offer. I might just need that! And thanks for the congrats. It's still sinking in, but DH and I are getting excited. :-) 
  • Options
    I kind of miss working. :'(
  • Options
    This. Ugh. I need a job. 

Also so I don't care if my kid goes to daycare. All my mommy friends are like "omg daycare is horrible they will neglect your kid" k, well, if my kid is neglected, whatever. She will live. Plus it would be good for her to not be held and to see other babies and people! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This. Ugh. I need a job. 

Also so I don't care if my kid goes to daycare. All my mommy friends are like "omg daycare is horrible they will neglect your kid" k, well, if my kid is neglected, whatever. She will live. Plus it would be good for her to not be held and to see other babies and people! 
     Am so with the both of you.  I love my kid but I need a life outside being mommy.  And my kid needs to interact with other kids and get used to other adults.  Our parents can't even hold her, she's so attached to only me.  If it wasn't so expensive I'd put her in daycare just for a few hours a week to help her get over her separation anxiety.
  • Options
    MoRay05MoRay05 member
    Ugh. I have masitis. I feel like I was ran over by a truck and I have to take care of a three year old and 6 month old. 

I went to Doctor yesterday to get it checked out and she told me I got masitis bc my LO slept thru the night once. She then recommended I get up every three hours to pump. Umm no. I will not get up and pump in the middle of the night. That will just trick my body into thinking I need to produce more milk which is the opposite of what needs to happen. 
  • Options
    MoRay05 said:
    Ugh. I have masitis. I feel like I was ran over by a truck and I have to take care of a three year old and 6 month old. 

I went to Doctor yesterday to get it checked out and she told me I got masitis bc my LO slept thru the night once. She then recommended I get up every three hours to pump. Umm no. I will not get up and pump in the middle of the night. That will just trick my body into thinking I need to produce more milk which is the opposite of what needs to happen. 
    This happened to me because I was advised to pump every 3 hrs plus the few feedings I was giving LO per day. She wasn't eating as much as I was pumping got over engorged and I couldn't pump enough to get it all out. When I got it my LC told me only pump enough to relieve myself but not to empty. It really helped regulate my supply. Ugh mastitis sucks so so bad!
  • Options
    MoRay05 said:

I also have mastitis. My doctor told me not to nurse on that side, just to pump and dump that side. Is this due to the risk that Jordan could get thrush? It can't be due to the antibiotic since I can nurse out of the other side. 
  • Options
    JamieA322 said:
    MoRay05 said:

I also have mastitis. My doctor told me not to nurse on that side, just to pump and dump that side. Is this due to the risk that Jordan could get thrush? It can't be due to the antibiotic since I can nurse out of the other side. 
    Interesting bc my doctor said to nurse on that said first each feeding then switch. She even talked about how it might be painful but to push through it. 
  • Options
    Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited June 2016
    MoRay05 said:
    JamieA322 said:
    MoRay05 said:

Interesting bc my doctor said to nurse on that said first each feeding then switch. She even talked about how it might be painful but to push through it. 
    When I had mastitis I was also instructed to feed on that side first. That's also what I read on kellymom. Would be curious to know why @JamieA322 doc advised against it. 
  • Options
    I asked the nurse on the phone, and she didn't know. So, I've been nursing on that side since everything I read says to do so. Ugh!
  • Options
    @JamieA322 DONT PUMP AND DUMP!  That is inaccurate. It is 100% safe to nurse when you have mastitis. In fact, a baby with suck out reg clogs better than a pump. I definitely nursed when I had mastitis.
  • Options
    @Ceridwen77@cdepperschmidt Thanks for the support. I've been nursing from the side to start each feeding. I was not going to waste all that milk!
  • Options
    JamieA322 said:
    @Ceridwen77@cdepperschmidt Thanks for the support. I've been nursing from the side to start each feeding. I was not going to waste all that milk!
    Glad you're doing that - it would be such a waste to pump and dump! Hope you're feeling better. Mastitis is awful.