October 2016 Moms
Options

Braxton Hicks?

Earlier today my stomach got really tight a couple times. It took my breath away and it was almost hard to breath but not painful at all. Is this braxton hicks? I'm 19w4d is it possible to feel them this early? I never had them with my first pregnancy so I'm just not really sure what that was. 

Re: Braxton Hicks?

• Options
    jt0707jt0707 member
    I had the same thing! Talked to my doctor,  she said it was probably small contractions and to try drinking more water and monitor it.  It has only happened one more time so apparently it's not a problem!
  • Options
    I think I might be getting these, too, but I'm only 16 weeks. Sometimes my way lower abdomen just feels tight and uncomfortable. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's how mine was. I'm not sure if that's what Braxton hicks feels like or not. 
  • Options
    That's exactly how my Braxton Hicks feel. I have been getting them sense 15 weeks. I have been getting them a few times a day. I just try and drink lots of water. 
  • Options
    The hard to breathe part throws me off. It's not unheard of to get BH as early as 6 weeks, more commonly around 20 weeks. My first pregnancy I had them only the last couple of weeks, however I've been having them for the last week or so. Biggest sign is your tummy getting tight for a couple of seconds. It happens to me mostly when I have a full bladder. Here's some good info on the BH from the American Pregnancy Association.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3