April 2016 Moms
Options

Vent

Today I had a thyroid biopsy done. I have an autoimmune thyroid disease that I've been controlling with diet and medication for years. In January, my endocrinologist found a large nodule on my thyroid during my yearly ultrasound. He said that it could possibly be cancerous but was comfortable waiting until after T was born to biopsy it. Thyroid cancer is extremely treatable and there's only about a 10% chance my nodule is cancerous, but it's still extremely scary- especially with 2 little ones. I cried putting my daughter to sleep last night thinking about her growing up without me. I haven't told anyone in real life besides my husband, obviously. I don't want to worry anyone in the case that it's nothing. I'm super scared and I needed to "tell" someone, so, I'm letting it out on you ladies. 

Re: Vent

• Options
    redseligredselig member
    edited May 2016
    Oh my, I can understand why you wouldn't want to tell anyone in real life. Chin up and remember that the odds are in your favour. :heart: 

edit: fat fingers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this :( I know it's hard but it's always best to try not to stress or worry about anything until you know there's something to worry about. In the meantime, try to think positively and enjoy those beautiful babies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    Positive vibes going your way. The good thing is that you have been monitored for a while now and chances are in your favor. I understand the fear. My mom went through something similar. Somewhat related- A few years ago I had a lump in my left breast it turned out to be nothing but my life flashed before my eyes prior to getting results. I didn't want to tell anyone either. Hang in there and think positive. I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted!!!