Pregnant after IF
Options

At what point did you start feeling symptoms?

For those who went through IVF, just wondering at what point did you start feeling symptoms after your transfer or after your positive beta results? I didn't feel any symptoms after my FET and still don't feel anything, even after a rising beta #2. Is it still too early to feel anything? Thanks for your insight! 
***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
TTC - since 2014
7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
IVF #1 - March 2016
Retrieval #1 - April 2016
FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
Trying for baby #2...
FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
Trying for baby #3...
FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

Re: At what point did you start feeling symptoms?

• Options
    I think I started feeling symptoms about a week after my beta. Everyone is different though, and some people never have the typical symptoms of pregnancy like morning sickness. 
  • Options
    ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @Tulips29 I remember you from the IUI boards and I am so happy to see you over here, big congratulations !!! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.
    I did not have IVF but I never had too many symptoms. I started to fell nausea only I was hungry at around 6 weeks I think. And I was feeling like AF cramps and fatigue at around 5 weeks. My friend`s MS started at around 8 weeks. So do not worry about symptoms at all, congrats on rising beta. It is the important thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Hi @tulips29! Congratulations!!
    I had no symptoms at all until halfway week 6.
    I was a little more tired, but thought that had to do with the whole journey.
    Week 7 I was feeling horrible and by week 8 I started to get admitted to the hospital. ( I have hyperemesis gravidarum)
    At exactly week 13 I felt better and am now back feeling fantastic as before pregnancy, just with the occasional stretchy feeling of stuff inside my belly :smile: 

No worries if you have no symptoms, just enjoy them days :smile: 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited May 2016
    Right after my first beta, week 4, was when I started to feel some symptoms. I was already bloated (which I think was a result of the IVF meds / retrieval), and very dizzy (side effect from Crinone I think) before then. But week 4 was when the fatigue hit me. I would nap every day after work or go to bed right after dinner. Week 5 was when my breasts started to become sore, and week 6 was when the morning sickness / food aversions started. Fatigue lasted up until week 13-14 I think. But like the others have said, everyone is different for sure :smile: Enjoy your pregnancy and try not to stress if you do or don't have symptoms :smile: 

• Options
    Thank you for your feedback, everyone. I will try to relax and see how beta #3 goes next week. I've been seeing others post their early symptoms, so of course it got me worried. 

@ZoeFer Thank you, I remember you as well. Congratulations to you as well! How are you feeling? How far along are you? I started feeling constantly hungry this week, but I'm not sure if it's a symptom or I'm reading too much into everything I'm feeling. 

@tvh1982 thank you as well. I remember all your posts on the IF boards, crazy seeing your ticker that you're almost 15 weeks along. So so happy for you! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better now. 

@mechelita44 naps after work every day sound lovely! I've been feeling extra tired lately, but mainly because my RE said to cut out caffeine and I no longer have that boost in the morning to wake me up. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    ZoeFerZoeFer member
    Thanks @Tulips29 ! I am 14wks 2Days today :) I can understand that you are worried, I was super anxious first weeks. Honestly, I am still not super relaxed but i am able to feel much more excited and confident about pregnancy now. As everyone else here said, symptoms is all about how your body responds. Feeling hungry and tired is very normal too, try to have snacks between your meals. Everyone is different and lack of symptoms just means that you are lucky, nothing else :) Good luck with your beta results and the first ultrasounds !!
  • Options
    @ZoeFer that's amazing! I know it's hard to relax after going through IF, but I'm glad you're able to be more excited and enjoy your pregnancy now. And thank you, I'm anxiously awaiting next week and hoping that all will go well.

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    My symptoms were not really noticeable until six weeks . With the exception of cramping . I had cramping before my beta but I've had cramping even without a positive beta . Everyone is different ! Some people don't have symptoms until later and some don't have many symptoms at all ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    I was pregnant with twins and didn't have any major symptoms until the end of first tri and even that was just food aversion and a little extra fatigue. 
    Congrats on your positive betas!
  • Options
    My boobs swelled up about 1 week after transfer. That was my only clue.