May 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone else...

I'm due Thursday and I'm still not dilated. A couple weeks ago when my doctor checked me, she said she could feel her head. Last Friday when I was checked again, I'm not dilated at all and it seems she's moved back up? My doctor said if no progress or baby by Friday then to make sure I bring my hospital bag with me to the appointment. Anyone else have anything similar ever happen? 

Re: Anyone else...

• Options
    If your due date is Thursday why are they rushing for friday...? Is baby in any distress? My dr, is VERY uncomfortable going 2 weeks past my due date. (That's when problems start happening for babies, in general. It's always situational that's just the average) but if you and baby are in good health it would make me wonder why they want to get baby out so fast. 
  • Options
    Sounds a little strange.  Just ask your dr any and all your questions. There are some really great drs. Out there ...and then there are some awful ones. Make sure dr. Answers all your questions so you can make an educated choice for you and baby. The two of you gotta come out of this healthy! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking too. She hasn't given me any worry that something may be wrong. She said to bring my bag Friday but that the latest She would let me go was the 26th so only a week after. Thanks for the response ! :)
  • Options
    I was about 4 days late with my first. EDD is an estimate so I don't see why she's sticking to it so closely. I know it's tough and you're probably ready to get this baby out, but I would ask questions too. Unless there is a medical reason (baby in distress, not getting nutrients, you have PreE, etc) I would personally not want to rush it unless you're two weeks late like PP said.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

• Options
    I agree with everyone else. I wouldn't let my doc induce me right at my EDD for no reason at all.

With my first I was checked from 36 weeks on and every week I wasn't dilated at all until I had made a little progress and I was 1/2cm at my 40 week check. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bkjadebkjade member
    I agree with PP, is there a reason your doctor is so eager for you to have the baby (health issues with you/baby)? Seems weird to me, but when each practice chose to induce was definitely part of the discussion I had with my potential care providers before I had even decided on a doctor/midwife.
  • Options
    So far I haven't had any complication. My pregnancy has been smooth sailing. Was never sick. All my tests came back great. They said she was measuring great and in the 72nd percentile. I guess Friday they will check my fluid levels if I haven't dilated again by then but my best guess is maybe she's too big for my pelvis to defend properly? Idk. I'm a first timer so it's all new to me.