November 2016 Moms

Strange Pain

Have any of you ladies experienced groin/pubic area pain while walking, etc. I'm a FTM and of course have called my Dr, but waiting to hear back. It's pretty sharp pain and just suddenly started, and hasn't stopped today. Any other experiences/stories would be appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Strange Pain

• @lovelifewife I too am a FTM and experiencing similar pain. I have my appointment tomorrow and plan on discussing it with my Dr. Although my pings as I call them are not constant, just here and there throughout the day. Hope you feel better.

Me: 28 <3 DH: 29

#1 DS: 11/24/2016

#2 EDD: 11/15/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Like @tigerfish227 said, it sounds like round ligament pain. I have it now a little and had it my last pregnancy. Mine was very painful and sharp and I was very scared something was wrong. But don't worry, It's normal.  I understand, the first few times you feel it can be concerning. 
  • Lurking from December 16 board. I'm 12 weeks today I started having this feeling about two weeks ago. I was at my doctors for blood work and told him. He said its most likely round ligament pain or my uterus expanding and putting pressure on the nerves down there. I still have it. When I stand up and walk or when I roll over in bed- it's not necessarily painful just incredibly uncomfortable. He said it should go away in a few weeks. 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Thanks everyone- it's easy to jump to conclusions like "oh no I fractured my pelvis" and other unreasonable fears. I appreciate the responses. Will be seeing Dr this week and will discuss. @LadyBugMe101 and @sammyl1221 I hope you both get relief soon! 
  • I agree with what everyone else has said ! I have this too . I'm 13 weeks and my round ligament pain has been going on since week 9 I wanna say ? It's annoying but don't worry ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • It's more than likely round ligament pain but if it's also in your back, get your sacrum joint checked out. During my first trimester, I started having such bad pain I could hardly walk. It turns out that my fibroid was pulling my uterus forward and the pregnancy hormones acted in concert to pull one side of my sacrum joint out of place. I'm in PT 3x a week but it has helped tremendously.
  • Your description sounds a little vague; maybe you're talking about your symphysis pubis? It does feel funny because all your ligaments, muscles, etc are relaxing so it feels like it could break into two very easily. Otherwise RLP, random cramps, twinges, are all pretty normal. I don't think I go a day without something in that area kind of hurting or feeling funny. 

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• For those that have been experiencing round ligament pain, when you're getting up from a chair or roll over in bed, try to keep your knees together.  I've been going to physical therapy for sciatica and the therapist is also pregnant so she gave me that advice for future reference

• I think could be more symphysis pubis- it's more in that area, but I could be wrong. It's better after resting but walking aggravates it-it's not shooting, but constant sharp pain in the groin, not abdomen. Hoping this is a "growing pain" that goes away.  Every day is a new adventure! 
  • I am 14 weeks and i feel like i have had abdominal pain the whole time my doctor has also told me its round ligament pain. Hopefully it will get better but every pregnancy is different good luck hun !! 
  • I had RLP baaaaad today myself. Thought it may be my appendix but a nurse friend reassured me it was nothing to worry about.