Pregnant after IF
Options

****2nd trimester week of 5/16******

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to Be:

@terramae80 EDD 8/4/16 with 1 boy!

@riveridgional EDD 8/6/16 with 1 boy!

@katie121209 EDD 8/19/16 with 1 girl!  

@Vagarcia16 EDD 8/23/16 with 1 girl!

@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16 with 1 boy and 1 girl!

@Alyeena EDD 9/1/16 with 1 boy!

@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16 with 1 bean! Team Green!

@piperella EDD 10/2/16 with 1 boy!

@ecb3588 EDD 10/16/16 with 1 bean

@kennelchick EDD 10/18 with 1 girl!

@Morningstar80 EDD 10/18/16 with 1 boy!

@laur2444 EDD 10/19/16 with 1 boy!

@Jerseygirl856 EDD 10/20/16 with 1 bean

Congrats to the mommies who have graduated to the 3rd trimester!

QOTW: For first time mom's, what are you most excited about that's on your registry? Second and beyond mom's, what baby item did you find most useful?

Re: ****2nd trimester week of 5/16******

• Options
    I will be 18 weeks tomorrow. DH and I found out this morning at our anatomy scan that we are having a girl! I'm so excited! My gut was telling me a boy, but I'm thrilled! They couldn't get all the images they wanted so we go back in four weeks.

QOTW: I'm in love with the crib I picked out, I can't wait for the baby room to be finished so I can put everything together!
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Hello ladies! Im joining you here!
    EDD 11/11/16 and 1 bean.
    Dont know the sex until 15th June, and still not sure if I want to know.
    No appointments/check ups until that day either.
    14+3 today!

QOTW: don't have a registry. I'm not sure where I want to live at the moment (Norway or the Netherlands) so won't have stuff until I live where I will live besides a stroller and clothes. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ZoeFerZoeFer member
    Hi everyone ! I would like to join as well.
    My EDD is 11/14 so I just turned 14 weeks today. I am so excited to be in the second trimester ! 
    My next appointment is in two weeks, but I will not have any ultrasound until the Anatomy Scan at 20 weeks. So we will not find out the sex until the end of June but we definitely want to learn :) 
    QOTW: I found a skyline bedding set from dwell studio, the colors and the design are so cute. I am usually not into those things so I would not expect to be getting this excited about any bedding :) 
  • Options
    Hey ladies. 
    i am really struggling. Our sweet canine girl passed away in front of me on Thursday, it has been heartbreaking. The stress has my sleep poor, stomach upset and appetite is gone. In addition I'm having bad sciatica pain and I'm supposed to be going out of state for a shower this weekend. I'm trying to focus on our new puppy and the baby coming but it's so hard. 
    I hope everyone is having a positive and healthy week- 
  • Options
    @katie121209 I'm so sorry for your loss. Not everyone understands the bond we have with our dogs, and when they pass may feel like we shoukd just get over it. It is okay for you to be sad and grieve your loss. Hang in there and know that you aren't alone. You are in my thoughts and I hope you have some support at home. ~from one canine mom to another
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Sorry to hear about your loss @katie121209, it hurts when our furbabies leave us.
    Take your time to grieve, you are allowed to do so. And no need to be positive all the time.
    Hope your appetite and sleep will come back soon. Life is a little easier to handle when we are fueld up.
    Hang in there. xoxo

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @katie121209 i am very sorry for your loss. Do not upset yourself even more because you are sad, i think it is very normal and healthy to grieve after a loss. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @tvh1982 and @ZoeFer welcome to the second trimester! I'll add you ladies to the list.
  • Options
    @katie121209 - I'm so sorry to hear about your pup.  That's SO hard.  Give yourself some time and space to grieve.  You've lost a part of your family!!

@tvh1982 and @Zoefer - welcome to second trimester!!

AFM: I'm 25w1d today.  After my L&D visit last week, I was doing well for a couple days, drinking tons of water and feeling good, and then I got a cold, which turned into bronchitis.  I went to the doc yesterday and found out I have strep throat again.  I just cannot get over the fact that I never had strep until I turned 40 and now I've had it three times.  Seriously.  This is ridiculous.  So, I had to take MORE time off work when all I really want is to conserve my PTO.  UGH!  Pregnancy-wise though - everything is going fine.  The babies are really active, which makes mama happy.  I have an OB appointment and ultrasound (checking fluid levels and heartbeats because they're so similar - I guess mine don't follow the old wive's tale regarding different heart beats for boys and girls) next Monday and I'll have another growth ultrasound two weeks after that.  Heartburn is under control and my blood sugars have been really good.  Now, I just need to stay well.  :)

QOTW: The best things we had with our first were a swing that plugs in - my girl LOVED the swing and no searching for batteries with a screaming baby - and Aden and Anais swaddle blankets (we used them to swaddle, cover, as burp cloths, to mop up puke, etc).  Oh, and if you're breastfeeding, I recommend two things - hydrogel pads and Earth Mama Angel Baby Nipple balm for when your nipples get sore.  This nipple cream is great because it's lanolin free so you don't have to wash your nipples off after using it (because it HURTS to wash your boobs when you have sore nipples).  :) 
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Welcome @tvh1982 and @ZoeFer to the second trimester! 

I will be 18weeks on Thurs and really looking forward my next ultrasound in 2 weeks.  Had my AFP drawn last week and according to my OB office no news is good news and thankfully I haven't received a call.

QOTW: I don't have a registry yet as we are waiting until the after the anatomy scan to begin shopping. 
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Thanx for the welcome wishes, so excited to be here, yet I keep worrying it's still just in my head. 

When did any of you start to feel your baby move? Do I have to wait extremely long? #imnotverypatientyousee

• Options
    Hi all, I can't believe I'm here in the second trimester! I am just about 17 weeks, the past few weeks have gone by really fast. I am going for an OB appointment this week and am having an early glucose screening because my BMI is just at the overweight mark, I'm so nervous about that!

QOTW: I also don't have a registry yet, waiting for the anatomy scan in June. We have no idea where to start, there is so much baby stuff!!
  • Options
    ZoeFerZoeFer member
    Thank you all for the warm welcome ladies ! @tvh1982 I also still cannot believe it is real, when someone asks me if I am pregnant, it feels like I am lying when I say `yes`:)) I think I dreamed about it too long, now it feels like a dream :D
  • Options
    @tvh1982 - with my first, I felt her move a little bit around 19 weeks and then nothing for 2-3 weeks until 21/22 weeks.  Then all of a sudden, it was almost constant.  I had a posterior placenta.  This time around, I have two posterior placentas and I felt them start moving inconsistently around 14 weeks, I think.  Consistently by 17/18 weeks.  But I also knew what I was feeling.  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    A few more weeks to wait...this baby really teaches me patience! Guess I will be needing that ones it's born, so guess it's a good thing :smile: