December 2015 Moms
Options

Baby sleeping on stomach affecting my sleep

DD has now mastered rolling over, so at some point in the night she always flips to her stomach. This has made me a paranoid freak! I'm up EVERY hour shining my phone light into her crib to make sure she is okay. I feel I am sleeping worse than when she was getting up multiple times a night to nurse. Because of this paranoia I can't even take advantage of her sleeping longer stretches at night (which I thought would never happen btw).

Re: Baby sleeping on stomach affecting my sleep

• Options
    tepr14tepr14 member
    I can understand being a little freaked out, but like pp our babies are getting older and we have to adapt. My LO just recently started sleeping on his belly as well, at first it was a little surprising (since that was also the first time he rolled onto his stomach during a nap).
    There isn't anything we can really do about it, and now that he's starting to figure out how to get comfortable on his side and stomach the sleep for both of us has been great!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    shannon173shannon173 member
    edited May 2016
    Lurker here, we have an angelcare monitor that has an alarm that goes off if theres no movement. It's definitely given peace of mind!
  • Options
    DD has been sleeping on her belly for a couple weeks. I too admit that it's nerve wracking. Plus I generally put a blanket on her back because her room has doors and it's chilly in there. She also has to have her lovie by her face. I just say my prayers that she is okay. And ever since she started on her belly, her sleep has given us longer stretches at night. It's been great. Hoping I didn't just jinx it.