February 2016 Moms

Sleep changes ?!

quick question... My little one is almost four months old. The last few days she has been sleeping more in the afternoons. I did start putting a little rice cereal in her bottle on Friday. Should I be concerned ? Or could it be the cereal making her full and tired? 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Sleep changes ?!

• I wouldn't be too concerned, their sleeping habits can change as they get older. Is it affecting her sleeping at night?

I wish my little guy would start sleeping more in the afternoon. He only sleeps up to 40 minutes at a time and naps a total of 1 1/2 -2 hours most days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm fearful my good night sleeper is regressing. She used to just get up once at 3 ish Sh was up every two hours all night long 
  • Loading the player...
  • mrsc12414 said:
    I'm fearful my good night sleeper is regressing. She used to just get up once at 3 ish Sh was up every two hours all night long 
    Same thing was happening to me. I read an article about how good early bedtimes are for sleep so I tried to get her down closer to 9:30pm (she normally goes down 10:30-11pm) and she slept til 3am again finally. I'm going to keep trying to put her down earlier and earlier over time until we get to a 7:30pm bedtime and hopefully she will start sleeping through the night. She consistently wakes up around 6:30-7am.
  • My little usually goes down around 8ish we start bed routine around 715-730. I hope it works for you !! Good luck 
  • No doesn't seem to affect her night time sleep. She still goes down about 8-830 and sleeps til 6. It's just the extra long naps I was concerned about. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • skschnake said:
    No doesn't seem to affect her night time sleep. She still goes down about 8-830 and sleeps til 6. It's just the extra long naps I was concerned about. 
    I guess I've never had this issue bc if I know it's time for her to eat and be awake, I'll just wake her. I'm sure sometimes she would sleep longer if I left her, but I don't want to mess up her nighttime sleep. If it's not messing with your LO's nighttime sleep then it probably isn't a concern.
  • About 16 to 20 weeks or so they'll start making a shift. They'll start taking 2 longer naps in the morning and afternoon and a cat nap in the evening. They just do it all on their own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker