Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

D&E Tomorrow In Labor and Delivery?!

So I'm having a D&E tomorrow. I had a D&C in December and so I thought I pretty much knew what to expect, but this time Im having the surgery with a MFM Dr because if the baby's condition-Triploidy. I just got a call from MFM not only pushing the surgery back 3 hours, but also letting me know that the surgery would be in labor and delivery. So now my dear, super distraught husband will be forced to wait in a waiting room full of families waiting to hear about their loved ones baby's births. The place where we will hopefully some day give birth to our rainbow will literally be the same place where we have to end our baby's short life. I feel like this is such a cruel joke. I wanted to scream at the nurse "why would you do this to us?!" To make matters worse, we will also have an ultrasound done right before the surgery, so I get one last look at her kicking around before her life ends. I'm sure that they won't make me look, but I feel like I will have to. 

Sometimes the sadness is too great for words. 

Re: D&E Tomorrow In Labor and Delivery?!

• Becid24Becid24 member
    I'm so sorry for all you have been dealt. Your beautiful little girl has only known the warmth and love from her mama. Please take care of yourself thru this very difficult time. 
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Being in l&d really doesn't seem fair. Can they do the ultrasound after you are already out, assuming you're having general? I was told they would do an ultrasound before starting the procedure but after I was put under. Hugs. It really is too much for words sometimes. 
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry, Chloe. Can you ask if there is another place your husband could wait? It's just so cruel for both of you. I'll be sending good thoughts your way tomorrow.
  • I am so sorry. I can relate as my surgery to remove my baby and my tube was done in L&D as well and then I was in a room on the L&D wing overnight so the Dr could monitor me.  It was super rough and I hate knowing someone else has to do that. You will be in my prayers tomorrow. 
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Oh this is the absolute worst :( I'm so so sorry :( hugs if you want them <3
  • I am so sorry. That just sounds horrible. I am so sorry you have to go through this
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited May 2016
    I hate how this difficult situation is made more difficult by the circumstances....I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I'm so sorry.
  • chloe97chloe97 member
    Thank you everyone. I'm hoping they give me something strong and I don't remember any of it afterwards. It's so great that have a place to vent and get support from you all! 
  • GlitterGlitter member
    Im so sorry @chloe97 . I had a d&c almost 3 weeks ago, I miscarried my triploidy baby and they all agreed i needed full general, which is completely asleep. Your going to face tough questions, I wasnt prepared for them and it broke my heart to answer them. The hospital has to ask them, im now glad but then it was hard. You can do this, you are strong, we are built this way to handle all the hard things, this is one of the hardest. I will be thinking of you, and if you need to chat or anything, just pm. 
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited May 2016
    I am so so sorry. I know you are probably in right now, but I pray that you had them turn the screen away. Thinking of you today.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @chloe97 thinking of you today and sending healing thoughts.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • My heart is with you @chloe97 <3
  • Aera11Aera11 member
    @chloe97 I am so relieved everything went ok, I was thinking about you and your DH.  My heart goes out to you both.  Take care of yourselves 
  • @chloe97 Glad to hear things went as well as could be expected and that the staff was so understanding
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• GlitterGlitter member
    So glad you had the best possible outcome. I hope you heal quickly. Hugs
  • I had my d&e on 4/21, my baby girl also had triploidy. How are you doing? I had the best ideal surgery and staff, which makes the biggest difference when you are going through something so tramatic so I am glad you had the same. We asked if they could give us our baby girls footprints, and they did. I will forever be grateful to them for doing that. I hope you are resting and taking it easy. It's quite interesting, they say triploidy occurs like 1 in a million, but I see so many triploidy babys on these boards and searching the internet, I question the real statistics on it.
    Married August 2012
    Me:28 DH:31
    Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve March 2015
    IUI # 1 May 2015 - BFN
    December 2015 - Natural BFP - Our Angel baby Mila Grace went to heaven @ 21 weeks on 4/21/16 (D&E) due to Triploidy
    Currently waiting to start TTAL
  • chloe97chloe97 member
    Thank you @prayingforbabyh. I'm so sorry for your loss as well. I think it's 1 in a million that a baby with Triploidy will survive birth, I saw a statistic that says it's 1 in 1150 that a Triploidy pregnancy will last between 10-14 weeks. However, it's very possible that my pregnancy would have ended sooner if I wasn't on progesterone supplements. I didn't realize at the time, but progesterone supplements could stop the body from miscarrying naturally. 
  • So glad everything went well @chloe97....take this time to just grieve and heal, physically and emotionally. Hugs!
  • @chloe97 I'm glad everything went as well as it possibly could under the circumstances. I am so sorry for the loss of your little girl and everything you and your husband have been through the last few months and especially the last couple of weeks. Take good care of yourself and take as much time as you need to heal and go through the process. Hugs to you.
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • chloe97 said:
    Thanks everyone. Surgery went well and the nurses were so great about intercepting me before we got near any laboring women or babies. I'm also really relived to have heard that the baby had no heartbeat at the ultrasound they did right before surgery. Who ever thought no heartbeat would be a good thing, but in this situation it was a relief. I woke up pretty crampy this morning, so I had a good idea. Our little angel did her best to make it easier for us. 
    You are so strong. I'm so sorry for the loss of your little girl, but I am glad you are finding comfort in how things happened.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • I will have to question my doctor more since he said its like 1 in a million chance of happening. My little girl actually seemed to be thriving (if that's what you would call it) somewhat. Before we were diagnosed, we never had a clue something was wrong. Now it explains why I was so small and why she was always in a ball for ultrasounds. She made it to 21 weeks when I had my d&E, but I will never know how long she would have made it. She had a strong heart beat, but at our 19 week check up when we found out she had triploidy, she was measuring 17 weeks 3 days. And yes,progesterone can prevent miscarriages as it helps make your lining thicker/stronger, women who struggle with infertility and go the IVF/IUI route are always on progesterone till they reach about 12 weeks into the pregnancy. I hope you have a healthy baby and pregnancy next pregnancy around, you deserve it!
    Married August 2012
    Me:28 DH:31
    Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve March 2015
    IUI # 1 May 2015 - BFN
    December 2015 - Natural BFP - Our Angel baby Mila Grace went to heaven @ 21 weeks on 4/21/16 (D&E) due to Triploidy
    Currently waiting to start TTAL