November 2016 Moms

Friday the 13th! What are you doing tonight/this weekend?

Anyone "celebrating" Friday the 13th? Any fun weekend plans?

Re: Friday the 13th! What are you doing tonight/this weekend?

• shevaCCshevaCC member
    Tonight I'm taking DD to see a local theater version of The Little Mermaid musical with 2 other moms and daughters. I'm really excited! Then tomorrow we have a play date at a park with one of her friends. Sunday I'm probably working since I need to take off Thursday.
  • We're going out with some friends for dinner. We're still not telling anyone I'm pregnant yet, so I'm playing DD. Like my Dr. said on Tuesday-- I'm not really going to be able to hide this much longer, so I'm just hoping with people knowing what we went through, they just won't ask if they think I might be.
    Me: 31, DH: 31
    Married: September 2012
    Began TTC: September 2015
    BFP #1: 10/12/16, EDD: 06/23/15,
    (pPROM, 16 wks + emergency D&E 12/31/15)
    BFP #2: 03/09/16, EDD: 11/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    @lilwonder, and asking = RUDE so hopefully your friends got that memo. If anyone bugs you, you can always deny, or tell them "I don't want to talk about it" so they will hopefully back off.
  • @lilwonder hopefully no one will ask you before you are ready. :-) I think that is SOOOOO incredibly rude. but ppl do it.

We aren't celebrating Fri 13th (I'm a BIG chicken and cant take scary movies). But we going to Taste of Addison tomorrow, an outdoor festival with lots of food and vendors. if weather permits. Sunday hubby and lo are celebrating me for a belated mothers day and LO and I have a playdate at the park with one of my good friends that I haven't seen in awhile. So it should be a relatively relaxing but fun wknd!

• DH and I are hitting up our church's HUGE garage sale tonight to finally buy furniture for our new house. We have had a cardboard box as our coffee table for 4 months and I'm over it. We also have 1 chair in our entire house. We have a couch, but we can't invite more than 1 person over at a time and we all have to awkwardly sit on the same couch not facing each other. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be better! 

I have been feeling so motivated to get stuff done this weekend and I really hope this energy doesn't wear off before I get to my to do list. However, I woke up this morning with a terribly sore throat so I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes that I don't spend the whole weekend sick on the couch.
  • @lilwonder We also went out with friends last weekend and it was pretty obvious that I was pregnant. Aside from being exhausted at 8pm I also drank like 5 glasses of water. They all said they suspected after we told everyone on Monday but no one asked. I doubt your friends would do that so I wouldn't worry!
  • @lilwonder I agree that it's so rude for people to ask, but they do it anyway. We just started telling people this week and up until now when people have asked I've just said "When I have something to share, I'll share it." and that worked pretty well. They all suspected at that point but knew that I didn't want to talk about it.
  • I agree to what you're all saying, and I'm hoping no one will be that rude. We're waiting until 20w though...so I may have to go into hiding in about a month, HAHA.
    Me: 31, DH: 31
    Married: September 2012
    Began TTC: September 2015
    BFP #1: 10/12/16, EDD: 06/23/15,
    (pPROM, 16 wks + emergency D&E 12/31/15)
    BFP #2: 03/09/16, EDD: 11/16/16

• Working nights. Booooo
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are just hanging out at home, having brinner. I'm looking forward to a night in. 
  • whaatwhaat member
    I'll be home alone tonight so I get to watch horror movies and eat cold leftover pizza in peace. A friend also brought me these awesome sheet masks from Korea so I'm definitely going to use one while eating said pizza. I'm so excited I could pee.
  • DH and I are going out to dinner to my favorite restaurant. we met Friday the 13th, got married on the 13th and DS was born on the 13th (on our 1-year wedding anniversary), so we like the number 13 in this house :) 
    My first date with SO was on the 13th, my grandparents were married on the 13th, my mom and aunt were born on the 13th and my sister got engaged on the 13th. We like the number 13 in our house too. :)
  • msu_galmsu_gal member
    Babysitting for my friend (she's 7 months with her #2) so she can go out to dinner with her hubs for his Birthday.

As far as asking if someone is pregnant....I feel like it depends on how close of friends you are.  My best friend knew we were trying, I talked to her all about the "smiley face test" (as I called it), my Ovia app, etc.  The first day of my missed period she asked.  And I told her. 
    It just depends on how close you are.  Coworkers?  I don't care if I'm so fat I can't move, unless I tell you, it's not your business. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Blues bar with a bunch our friends. 
  • We have my sons second birthday party this weekend. Time flies. I wish I could drown my sorrow at how fast time is going in a glass of wine. Instead all just eat all the cake. 
  • Don't have any fun activities plan but we're gonna have an underground electric fence installed for our blockhead dogs :) It's pretty exciting if not exactly fun lol :)

• Elev429Elev429 member
    Taking a quick road trip to chicago for my bff baby shower.  DS is actually staying home with my H.  So Im pretty excited to SLEEP!  
    Married Nov. 3rd, 2012
    DS Born 12/20/13
    #2 EDD 11/20/2016
  • Tonight I went to orange theory fitness, then out for tacos!

this weekend we are relaxing.., and planning out reveal pic
  • Today (Saturday) is my daughter's 2nd birthday party at her kids gym. I'm really excited! I think she's going to be super psyched to have all her favorite kids at her favorite place. Plus cake. She's been talking about it for a couple weeks. And I'm excited because I do nothing besides show up with a kid and a cake - they take care of everything else. You can tell I was totally first tri tired when I planned this, haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm late to this but I heard the baby's heartbeat- 149. Then came home and watched a Stephen King movie on Netflix and ate leftovers. It was wild and crazy. HA. 
  • We own a landscaping business... So we are on our "baby moon" before our busy season starts in full force :) 
  • A day late and a $1 short, but I had the exciting task of being DD for a guys night out. Wooo 

• m6aguam6agua member
    A local Halloween haunted house was open for the 13 & 14. All of our friends and us were too broke to go, so we stayed in and watched The Boy. It was pretty good. Today I went to the family farm to help set up for a rummage sale and I drove the tractor. Tomorrow is housework.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20