TTC After a Loss
Options

Irratic Cycle temps- any have a shift after?

Hi All, I'm at my second cycle of charting post m/c and I'm 4.5 months post my m/c. Has anyone else had this happened? It makes me question if I even ovulated. I tried 2 cheap OPK's, both in the morn.. Didn't turn it positive but I think I ovulate at 3ish/my surge or whatever turns it. I attached my last 2 charts post m/c and my 1 pre m/c. See below

Re: Irratic Cycle temps- any have a shift after?

• Options
    October and September are pre. October was the pregnancy cycle.

march and April are post and current cycle. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This makes me think of what my naturopath recently said about one of my cycles - looking at the one attached, she said she thought it may have been anovulatory - and it looks somewhat like what you're experiencing...

Sorry this is so large - I don't know how to resize it. The part she was concerned about was the dip on 2DPO and 3DPO... The value on 3DPO is an open circle because the temperature was taken 70 minutes early

---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Mine "post O" have been between 97.97 and 98.18... Is that too much fluctuation? My cover like is at 97.78. 
  • Options
    I don't know if there is a standard for amount of acceptable fluctuation - my charts are in C and .1C = .18F - I would venture to guess that your fluctuation isn't too much, but I really couldn't say for sure...
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Oh wow. I didn't realize that. Temping is hard and I wonder if stress affects it? Who knows. Part of me wants to drop the extra stress of temping and just hope for the best but the other part of me knows my cycles are so long id just miss the day every time. 
  • Options
    @catiecatp Has your naturopath said anything more about the dip at 2 or 3 DPO?  It his common for you? I tend to have a dip 3 dpo every cycle.  Usually it's not quite down to the cover line, but is almost at the cover line. I'd read something about a possible secondary estrogen surge?  But it sort of baffles me. 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer - she didn't say much - just that she wasn't sure that I was ovulating that particular cycle. The dip isn't common for me, but we don't know what is common for me... I went off of BC in October, and got pregnant on my second cycle - and the cycle before I didn't have a full month of tracking. So I got a BFP before establishing a baseline. Then I had the MC and I think I'm only now regulating - the first few cycles were likely wonky. I think there are likely several explanations for the dip - and if it is your pattern then it may not indicate an issue?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I don't temp anymore, but I have years worth of charts. I almost always have a dip around 3 DPO which also correlates with a bit of EWCM as well. I assume it is just a last bit of estrogen before the progesterone dominates. Before OPKs it used to make me wonder if my O date was correct etc.

For what it's worth @KyCade3013 I don't think your temps look all that erratic at all. I used to have quite a bit of fluctuation, but would try and remind myself what you're really looking at is the big picture at the end of the month that shows a temp shift. Good luck!
  • Options
    @catiecatp I'm in a similar boat to you.  I started temping the cycle I got pg.  So I only have that data, and then the data from the cycles post MC.  Every cycle since MC has had that temp drop on dpo 3 or 4.  The cycle I got pg there's only a temp dip days 5 and 6.  So, it's hard to tell what my 'normal' is as well.  Good luck figuring yours out!
    @BornReady thanks for telling me about your 3 dpo dips!  From what I'd read, it sounded ok, but I know how Dr. Google is.  LOL.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    Thanks guys. They ended up leveling out to normal -