December 2015 Moms
Options

It's always something!

My poor girl has been a spit up baby since birth, we have tried EVERYTHING! Now we are battling constipation. Anyone know which formula would be the best to ease her symptoms? 

Re: It's always something!

• Options
    Which formula works best tends to be different for each baby. For example, my first hated Enfamil but second loves it. A lot will also depend on what's causing the spit up but commonly if it's developmental you'll start to see it gradually improve starting around 4 months.

If she's old enough for solid foods, we gave my first pureed prunes everyday and that managed the constipation well.
  • Options
    I can't give much help on the formula because my LO is on soy, but we battle with constipation and have been for a while now even with the other formula we had her on. DD has oatmeal (can help soften the poo) and she also has juice. My pedi wanted her to get a good 6oz in a day but she just wasn't taking that much after the first couple times but she will take at least 2-3 now. Maybe bring it up to your pedi about adding a little juice to your LO's daily diet? It's helped us a bunch and no more struggling to go. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our ped suggested adding 1 tsp of dark Karo syrup twice daily to a bottle until the stool softens, works pretty well for us.
  • Options
    Our LO was showing a bit of constipation last week, even though we don't give her more than an ounce or two of fruit, and only if she "asks".  We gave her 1 oz of prune juice over the course of the day and that seemed to get everything moving :) 

Not sure about the spitting up- DD was not a very spitty baby, but has been more so with the constipation :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker