March 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

Let's have em ladies.  No more holding back.  Do you believe in no seat belts?  Red food dye?  Hate peanut allergy rules?  The death penalty?

IDK but spill em.

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    smushismushi member
    I hate Donald Trump.  I think only idiots would vote for Donald Trump.  If people don't see the fact that the Clintons hired him to run to defray the bad press Hilary was receiving from the email scandal, they're silly.  Did the Clintons think that Americans would buy so easily into his ideals?  Doubtful, because Hilary may just now have a run for her money.  But Trump is only popular because so few people are able to understand candidates and their platforms, but they understand Trump's 'simple' solutions - banning Muslims, building a wall, etc etc.  Those they can understand, despite the fact that none of his solutions are actually feasible in real life. 

There is no lesser of weevils to vote for in this election. 
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    @smushi I agree totally and completely. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's surprised me that there haven't been more political opinions shared during our UO and FFFC. Lol thanks for your honesty! And I agree. I still don't know how I'll vote in Nov., but it's not going to be any of the 3 still in the race. This has been the messiest election year. I need better options.
  • Options
    Since we're on politics, Obamacare sucks.  Thanks to the "Affordable Care Act" my employer can no longer pay to cover dependents anymore.  To keep just DH on my current plan, it was going to cost $500 :o We had to purchase health insurance through the marketplace this week-which took two mornings at the health department because there were so many glitches and errors in the online application.  We have no wiggle room in our budget (we hardly make anything to begin with) so we suddenly have to pull money out of our butts to pay for a really crappy plan that will really screw us over if anything happens to DH.  Thankfully (kinda?) both boys qualify for Medicaid. I can't imagine the costs of 3 people on an insurance plan! And to have 2 kids on such a crappy plan would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Anniversary

• Options
    I agree, can't stand Trump. 
    My uo, no holding back, I can't stand the war on Christianity that is going in in this country. I can't even express my personal beliefs without being called names and bashed. Just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean I'm a bigot and hateful. 
  • Options
    Ive been keeping my eye on american politics and oh my lordee, trump for president? It kind of scares me a little. But my real UO for the week is that i still hate breastfeeding, even though its been 11 weeks. Im going to do it for 6 months becuase i know its better, but i am counting down the days people!
  • Options
    I'll second the affordable care act sucking. It happened to us too where we couldn't afford the insurance. I was on Medicaid for my pregnancy and was able to use my normal doctor from before. But DD couldn't use but a few different doctors in Houston and the closest one to us was so scary. Y'all I cried the entire first appointment because it was so bad. None of the good doctors in our area took Medicaid. 

The whole reason we moved to Mississippi was because the company my SO works for pays for our insurance in full. So we had to give up our entire lives for insurance. Ridiculous. 
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    My insurance is over $1200 a month for my family. That's nearly half of my gross income. Trying to figure out if DH and/or DS should/can go through the marketplace or not is a nightmare. We don't qualify for any help either so no relief for us there.

I don't mind the affordable care act per se as family plans have always been ridiculously expensive at my work (seriously going from paying less than 200 for myself to over 1200 for my family of 3??) as much as I just hate insurance companies and even more so the medical industry as they control the cost of things.

PS - DH just got a new job and its small enough to not have to offer insurance. Womp womp. 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016