Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL weekly check-in 5/9

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. How far along are you? EDD? 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: 

5. Questions:

6. GTKY How did you tell your significant other about your positive pregnancy test?

Re: PGAL weekly check-in 5/9

• 2. How far along are you? EDD? 
    4ish weeks - EDD is probably somewhere between Jan 15-19

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    Raves: I'm digging the bigger boobs that have shown up

rants: I'm taking baby aspirin and it's causing some bruising :(

seeing a heart beat at my dating ultrasound June 1

5. Questions:

6. GTKY How did you tell your significant other about your positive pregnancy test?
    I have absolutely no self control to wait long enough to plan anything cute. I just woke him up and said "ok papa cheese (a joke between us) looks like we're doing this thing" 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• 2. How far along are you? EDD? 14+6

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    My husband and I went to Chicago this weekend for a fun little trip.  He went to University of Chicago for his undergrad so and we hit up the bookstore and bought some cute baby stuff.  Starting to really get excited for this pregnancy.  

I've got 4 more weeks until my anatomy scan and only another 1-1/2 weeks for my genetic testing results.  Hoping time keeps flying and those are here before I know it. 

5. Questions:

I can't for the life of me be patient and do something cute to tell my husband.  Our first pregnancy was a complete surprise.  Over four years of trying and a positive test was the last thing I expected.  I completed expected yet another negative that when it was a plus sign I didn't even think I just ran upstairs crying.  My husband was sound asleep and I scared the crap out of him he thought something was wrong and maybe that the car was stolen.

I swore this time I was going to be better.  Nope.  Waited till I was two days late.  Really wasn't expecting it the first cycle we tried after our loss given how much we struggled for our son.  Also wasn't expecting it since we were temping to figure out ovulation and my husband got sick halfway through the cycle so we stopped trying.  Four days later while 1'000 some miles away on vacation with my friend I ovulated.  My husband was really reluctant to go out and buy a test because he didn't want me to get my hopes up and swore it just wasn't our month.  Well I just wanted to prove him wrong at that point that it was possible.  When I got the positive I came into the room and said, "Ha, I told you!  Sperm can live up to 5 days!"  Next one I'll do something cute I swear.

• Loading the player...
  • 2. How far along are you? EDD?  18w3d.  EDD has been changed to Sept 30th now.

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: Couldn't sleep last night so I caved and ordered a snoogle.  Not sure if it was internetting under the influence of no sleep...  but I hope it's comfy!

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: 20w exactly is our next scan and moment of reassurance for me.

5. Questions:

Me:  Oy!  I'm gonna go pee on this. (holding stick)
    Him: Good luck!  May thy aim be true.
    Me.  Shut it.
    30 seconds later
    Him:  That was quick
    Me: Apparently I'm pretty pregnant for 5d before a period.
    Him.  Cool.  Wanna order pizza?
    Me:  Double pepperoni.

You see, we're a terribly romantic couple  ;)

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): I'm not new but I'll reintroduce myself since we have some new faces. We have a 4 year old daughter. We lost our second daughter in September, she was stillborn at 31 weeks. Now we're expecting our rainbow. 

2. How far along are you? EDD? 15w4d, October 27

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: I'm finally feeling better! Nauseous in the morning but feeling better the rest of the day. Also scheduled the anatomy scan for June 1!

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: Feeling movement! I'm so impatient. 

5. Questions:

6. GTKY How did you tell your significant other about your positive pregnancy test? He was at work so I texted him a picture of cartoon sperm that said "one made it!". Super romantic! lol

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. How far along are you? EDD? 33+4, June 24

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: nesting and exhaustion has kicked in. Which is a horrible combo. I want to clean every square inch of this house but I don't have the energy. 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: birth!

5. Questions: none right now

6. GTKY How did you tell your significant other about your positive pregnancy test? I've taken so many pregnancy tests it seems they've lost their luster. And I used to do cute things to tell DH but after those ended in losses, it's just not fun any more. I just took the test and then showed him. Really anticlimactic. Lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):
    Hi all! My name is Laura and my DH and I are tentatively excited about this pregnancy. Our last ended in a loss at about 9 weeks (I'm actually not too sure of how far along I actually was at the time of the loss because the baby stopped developing pretty early and it was a missed mc). I'm trying to stay positive though. 

2. How far along are you? EDD? 
    I'm about 6w+5D. My EDD (for now) is Dec. 29th.

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    I feel bad about wishing I had more symptoms than I do. I definitely have symptoms, but they're not severe. I'm also really anxious about my first u/s (it's not until 5-24!! :(). I've had blood work done. They checked my hcg and progesterone levels and my hcg levels tripled! So that makes me really happy and makes me feel positive about everything, but I'm still having trouble not being anxious and enjoying this pregnancy for the blessing it is. 

The first u/s on May 24th!

5. Questions: 
    Is it normal for my body to be sore? Like, my shoulders currently feel like I've been doing intense weights for the last few days. 

He knew I was going to take (my second round) a test or two, so he woke me up. I woke him up with the news after the first test though,  but again, he kind of knew so it was a little anticlimactic, but still a nice moment. 
    BabyFetus Ticker