Pregnant after 35

Hitting the Wall

Woo boy! Any other of you 3rd tri ladies feeling totally drained? I think this pregnancy is book-ending with fatigue. Meaning I was super wiped the first tri and now i feel super wiped again. I actually took the day off today and am lounging on my back porch in my zero gravity chair. Thank goodness for sick days.

I feel like there is a bunch of stuff that I want to do, but I do a little and then I have to lie back down! Then again, this sunny porch isn't the worst place to be....

Re: Hitting the Wall

• Yes. 100%. I called in sick on Friday and today I'm "working from home" even though I've done exactly zero work all day. I slept for 10-11 hours each night this weekend and it wasn't enough. I've already taken one nap this morning and I'm about ready for another one. I also seem to have developed a type of pregnancy-induced ADD where I can't focus on anything for more than about 30 seconds. The final stretch of this pregnancy is shaping up to be worse than first trimester symptom-wise. I have been told that it's rough, but I really wasn't expecting it!

On the bright side, enjoy the sunshine! I know I am!
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Sadly, I think that's normal. I was fortunate that I went on maternity leave after our spring break with my first and so I had a couple of weeks before he came. I spent a lot of time with my feet up, watching Netflix. ;) I'm a little nervous about what it will be like this time with a toddler to chase! Hope you can both get some rest and feel better soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto on what @sporty1216 said:( totally normal. I left my job a month before having Wyatt.  Though I did go a bit stir crazy sitting around 'waiting,' and he ended up being induced at 41 weeks. But put your feet up and just be, it's the last time it will be just you, revel in it. I know. Easier said then done. Hit 35 weeks today, some days I'm just trying to get through the day, today I have ALL the energy.  Though I'm still doing zero 'nesting,' grrrr, I keep putting it off, we just have no space to put her clothes, packnplay, I don't want to look at a pump yet, so it just sits in the corner of the bedroom staring at me to be washed. Hope she doesn't arrive early.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Wyattnash00 -- I think what you just described is going to be me in a couple of months. Even now I keep thinking about sorting through lo's cloths and selling them, reorganizing drawers to make room for baby's clothes, etc. but I just can't muster the energy to actually do any of it. 
  • alitriaalitria member
    I have actual ADD that I currently can't take medication for and I have third trimester brain. They could leave a turnip at my desk for the next six weeks and probably get similar results.  I'm tired, I'm puffy, when I'm home, I think about all the stuff I need to get done at work and when I'm at work, I just think about all the stuff I should be doing at home.  End result? Nothing is getting done other than me stressing things that aren't getting done.  So, that's super productive. 
  • I'm not even 3rd tri and I have days where I need 2 naps!!! WTF. Ah man I feel for you mama's with LO's already! 
  • Thanks for your commiseration and support ladies! I actually got a full night's sleep last night after basically alternating sleep and light activity all day yesterday. I also chugged water like it was my job and I think that really helped!

I'm at work today, taking it slow and steady today. Also dealing with some inflammation in my SI but treating with ice seems to help! 8 weeks (ish) still to go!
  • As of Saturday, I have officially joined the third trimester! I've been dealing with wicked insomnia, so those nights of 10-11 hours of sleep sound pretty good to me. Last night wasn't so bad. All the bad nights of sleep added up to make me tired enough to get a real night of sleep. (With a zillion dreams.)
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• So it doesn't get easier? ;) I'm already so tired! @lillebowski23, glad you took the day to take care of yourself!