Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

When did you start....

trying again after a MC to get pregnant? I had a D&C last Monday & I believe doc said after 2 period cycles. 

Re: When did you start....

• Options
    I have noticed that it varies from Doctor to Doctor and depending on the situation. My regular doctor told me I could start trying after my first period. The doctor who did my d&c said I could start trying at my two week follow appointment but also said it would be easier to have a true due date if I waited till I had my first period. 
  • Options
    My doc told me to wait until I had one normal period.  It has been 6 weeks since my MC started and we have been NTNP.  
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jdebaiejdebaie member
    My doctor told me to wait 2 periods.  I'm 3 weeks post D&C with nothing yet.  Because my sister's wedding is in the beginning of June we won't start trying again until after that anyways.

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    My doctor told me wait a couple of months. So I'm going to try on my third cycle post MC. 
    ***Loss mentioned***
    Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married: 12-15-2012
    TTC: January 2014
    IUI 12-11-2014 ... BFP: 12-24-2014 MMC: 2-17-2015 @ 12 weeks
    IUI 6-1-2015 ... BFP: 6-16-2015 MC: 7-19-2015 @ 9 weeks 2 days
    IUI 3-4-2016 ... BFP: 3-20-2016 MC: 5-2-2016 @ 10 weeks 3 days
  • Options
    My RE said no need to wait at all, although we were not supposed to be intimate for 2 weeks post-d&c (that's more for infection reasons--also not supposed to use a tampon during that time).  My acupuncturist said to wait until my period returned...she said that getting pregnant right away would be like running a marathon when you are still recovering from an injury.  I think it really varies depending on your circumstances and your doctor.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    My doctor told us the standard wait one cycle.  For us that time went really, really quick and I'm actually in my fertile window again right now following my first normal period.  So, we're clear to try right now.....it really boils down to whether you're emotionally ready too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Baby #2 M/C 4/5/16
  • Options
    My doctor told me I could start TTC, 2 weeks after my D&C and/or when I stop bleeding. 
  • Options
    I had a blighted ovum and passed everything at home. Once I stopped bleeding, DH and I started trying right away and got pregnant not even 3 weeks later. Currently 28 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy!
  • Options
    pce515pce515 member
    stories like this make me so happy!! How did you track your O?
  • Options
    I'm going to check with OB next week but my peri told me no need physically to wait once AF comes back but I might want to think about the emotional repercussions before making a decision. He did say, though, that with me my age is a factor (I'm 37) so that might be part of the reason he's okay with me going ahead.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    srnj3srnj3 member

@brunettebabe722 Congrats! That's wonderful to hear!

My doctor said to wait one cycle. It will be 2 weeks on Saturday since my D&C so I'm not sure when AF will arrive. I was temping before I got pregnant but stopped once we found out. Now I keep forgetting to start up again.

Me: 29, DH: 30

TTC Baby #1: 1/16

BFP #1: 4/1/16, MMC: 5/25/16

BFP #2: 10/10/16, EDD: 6/18/17

• Options
    @BrunetteBabe722 congrats!!!

my Ob said we could start trying right away so to start charting and stuff.  My HCG hasn't gone to 0 yet so I do have to wait until then. My TR doctor said 2-3 cycles.
  • Options
    Mine said the same as yours, 2 cycles. It is hard because I honestly think each doctor has a 'preference', and unless there are extenuating circumstances they tell you what their preference is. And depending on the Doctor you go to it could change. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope