Families and Friendships

Mother's Day Blues

MamaCatasticMamaCatastic member
edited April 2021 in Families and Friendships
Hi all, this is my first post here. I'm 34 weeks pregnant with my second child, a son. I also have a 4 year old daughter. I had am extremely bad pregnancy with her, but this one has been great until about a month ago.

I've been in the hospital twice, I've had the flu, pneumonia, a bladder infection, and last week (a few hours before a surprise baby shower) I coughed so hard I broke my rib. I'm also preparing for college final exams (I'm pursuing a cybersecurity degree) and wanting to get this nursery and everything together.

Today is Mother's Day and although the man & bug have gotten me a new set of pots and pans and a mixer, and are currently out getting a grill so he can cook steaks, etc for us, I'm really feeling super depressed and unloved. My house is a mess, I'm having trouble doing stuff, I'm stressed, and all I really wanted was a nice relaxing day and a clean house. But no don't worry, right when this rib should be healed, it'll be time for the c-section that'll keep me in a non-housing position for an extended time. When I'm pretty healed from that I'll be learning to add another child to the mix of duties and my next semester will be starting.

I know it sounds complainy, for which I apologize, but I'm pretty isolated with only a couple of acquaintances. I am mostly stuck in the house, always with a large workload of things on my plate. When I go down, the ship sinks with me. I know a lot of people can probably relate, but I really felt like getting some of that off my chest today. Thanks for reading.