Breastfeeding
Options

Skin care regimen not safe?

I have been using Rodan & Fields Redefine regimen for the past couple years. I didn't even think to research and make sure it was safe to use while pregnant and when breastfeeding. I found out yesterday from my hairdresser that I should not be using the night serum while breastfeeding (have used a handful of times since giving birth in Feb). I googled last night and read mixed reviews about continuing to use the night cream.

Can anyone recommend some safe, effective, natural alternatives for skin care? My skin is on the dryer side with breastfeeding. Thanks! :smile: 

Re: Skin care regimen not safe?

• Options
    It's probably not good because of the retinol that's in there. If your skin is dry, I recommend something that contains hyalauronic acid and maybe ceramides. Personally I would also go with a brand that is more natural (Caudalie, Jurlique, Juice beauty, Eminence Organics). These are all high quality. The cream you have contains a lot of silicones (a cheap filler) so it's not allowing the good peptides of the cream to penetrate the skin (the dimenthicone molecule, for example, is too large to penetrate the skin).
    Hope that helps!
  • Options
    missphil said:
    It's probably not good because of the retinol that's in there. If your skin is dry, I recommend something that contains hyalauronic acid and maybe ceramides. Personally I would also go with a brand that is more natural (Caudalie, Jurlique, Juice beauty, Eminence Organics). These are all high quality. The cream you have contains a lot of silicones (a cheap filler) so it's not allowing the good peptides of the cream to penetrate the skin (the dimenthicone molecule, for example, is too large to penetrate the skin).
    Hope that helps!
    Thank you so much for the helpful advice @missphil ! I will check these ones out!!