May 2016 Moms
Options

Mothers day

ladies I'm struggling today. My due date was 4 days ago and I was really hoping to have my little guy out in time for mothers day. People keep telling me that I am already a mother but that just depresses me because I don't feel like one yet since I haven't got to hold him in my arms. I know that technically speaking I am a mother. There is after all a fully grown baby inside of me. I think maybe I'm over reacting and the over-due blues are being exacerbated by the impending holiday. Who knows? Maybe he will make his appearance today or tomorrow and I will have felt this way for nothing. 

Anyone else having similar feelings? 

Re: Mothers day

• Options
    I would have felt the same way! It's ok to be a bit disappointed, but:

1. It's not too late yet ;) When I went to bed the night before DS was born, I never imagined he was going to show up the next day. Labor can sneak up on you!

2. Either way, you can do something to commemorate the day! Try to enjoy either way.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    My due date is mothers day and everybody since the begining has been saying how sweet of a mother's day gift he'll be.  I keep thinking  he probably won't even be here!!!! Like you said. I know he's in there ready to come...but I want him in my arms!!!!! Hang in there Mama, we're almost there! Hopefully your baby will come just in time! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree 100% with Charla1224!

I've been a bit of a confused mess recently regarding this. Until 34 weeks, I had mentally prepared myself to go to 42 weeks. Then, my OB said she thought LO was breech and, while we'd verify in week 35 whether I'd have any shot of an inversion, she recommended preparing myself to deliver at 39 weeks (this past week). At 35 weeks, we discovered that he isn't breech.

Since we started doing cervix checks at 36 weeks, my OB has said my cervix has been very favorable and that she didn't think I'd make it to due date.

Now I'm two days to EDD and everyone I know seems to be on edge for LO to arrive ASAP. MIL even said she got up extra early this morning to get her car packed because she was so sure LO would arrive today... No pressure there!

I guess what I'm saying is that there are a lot of expectations and pressures on us from others, even before taking Mother's Day into account. Like you, it's hard for me to really feel like a mom without a LO in my arms.

Sorry for the long response/vent!
  • Options
    Jparke2Jparke2 member
    Girl, I feel ya. I was induced on Thursday evening and I'm still here in labor, no baby. Hoping this baby comes today, or else it will have been a super depressing mother's day. Good luck!