July 2016 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change

Look at me starting a thread and shit!

1. How far along are you? Size of baby?

2. Baby related stuff this week?

3. Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

4. GTKY: Outside of your chosen career what is your dream job?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change

• Options
    Hopefully I'm not the only Saturday mama left to answer...

1. How far along are you? Size of baby?: 32 weeks. Size of a PE scooter, armadillo, pomelo. 

2. Baby related stuff this week? I have my shower today! I'm actually quite excited. With the Blazer game bumping up against it that means it won't last forever. Short and sweet. Doctor appointment Monday also. 

3. Rants/Raves/Symptoms? Carpel tunnel is killing me and my feet seem to have swollen or grown. I couldn't fit into converse yesterday. 

4. GTKY: Outside of your chosen career what is your dream job? I am creepy and have always wanted to be involved in the research and behavior profiling of serial killers. Like since I was a little girl. For the record I am totally normal otherwise!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

32 weeks! Holy hell. That is...soon. he's an armadillo or a pomelo, both of which made me smile this morning. 

The crib came yesterday! So exciting! I have an appt on Wednesday. 

3. Rants/Raves/Symptoms?
    I am so sore all the time. No matter if I'm active or not. And so tired. But I never sleep for more than a few hours at a time. But I'm also getting really excited!!! 

@theshannondee I have been interested in serial killers since I was a kid too haha. Classic weirdo northwest kids! I always wanted to solve crimes! Or be the person who names paint colors...
  • Options
    29 weeks and 4 days. I kept thinking this was all taking forever, and now I keep thinking "oh my god, I barely have any time left!"
    A co-worker hooked me up with a free changing table and it is being delivered Monday. :smile: Other than that, not a whole lot going on this week.... next week however is my baby shower and I am beyond excited about it.
    3. Rants/Raves/Symptoms?
    I fully on board the "I'm sick of working" train, but sadly don't have much of a choice. I really just want to stay home and hibernate.
    Sadly I currently work as a reservation agent / customer service at a time share. I would really much rather be working in a veterinary office
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 do you know the PNW has more serial killers than anywhere else? Glad I'm not alone in my creepy interest!
  • Options
    28 weeks / twins are the size of eggplants/rollerblades/coconuts

Just had our 28 week growth scan yesterday so we're good for another two weeks for doctors appts. Just need to wash all their clothes!

3. Rants/Raves/Symptoms?
    Choking on acid reflux at night. Crying over everything. Back pain. I'm a joy to be around right now...

I'm a makeup artist with is a pretty dreamy job, but I would also love to be a writer. 
  • Options
    @afaddis89 happy to see you chiming in on the boards! It sounds like your ticker change might be on Tuesdays if you're +4 days. :) I totally posted on ticker change Thursday not "getting it" the first time I responded!
  • Options
    Lol oops! Yeah, wasn't really sure what it meant but its super slow at work so I've been reading through a bunch of the forums and chiming in where I can. :smile: So much wonderful information here for a first time mom that really has no idea what to expect.
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Size of baby? 28 weeks! Eggplant 

2. Baby related stuff this week? Drs appt next week- it's been 6 weeks since last one so nervous about weight gain. It's my mom's bday today so on our way to my family for a weekend getaway; they live so far away we haven't seen them since Christmas so I'm looking forward to having my mom and sister feel baby move etc.

3. Rants/Raves/Symptoms? Heartburn, pelvic pain, crying over happy things, sad things, all the things

4. GTKY: Outside of your chosen career what is your dream job? @theshannondee same here!! That, or a travel photographer 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Size of baby?: 32 weeks. Size of a PE scooter, armadillo, pomelo. 

2. Baby related stuff this week? Nada. No appointment this week. My FIL, SMIL and MH's aunt and uncle took us out for lunch today for MH's birthday and his aunt brought our shower gift since she won't be able to make it at the end of the month. She's such a sweetheart. 

3. Rants/Raves/Symptoms? I've had a ton more swelling in my feet since I got transferred to a desk job (which seems backwards since I'm not on them for 10 hour shifts anymore), and the acid reflux has really taken over this week. I've been really lucky to not get much of the constipation or hemorrhoids so far but they hit me full force today. I thought I was in the clear, damnit.   

4. GTKY: Outside of your chosen career what is your dream job? I'd love to work in events. That's my schooling background but when I graduated I just couldn't find a job in it so I fell back on what pays the bills. There's something so rewarding about starting with a concept and seeing it through to completion, and an awesome high from being exhausted but proud of a successful event you've just pulled off. 
  • Options
    31 weeks- asparagus/romaine lettuce

meeting a potential doula on Monday night, meeting a potential pediatrician on Thursday night

tired, heartburn, swollen feet, pelvic pain- feels like a pulled muscle 

I worked in an infant room at a daycare and absolutely loved that job.  Too bad the pay sucks.
  • Options
    Chiming in a day late since I was busy yesterday... 

29 weeks!...acorn squash? Seriously?! Definitely feel like I'm starting to run out of time and feel like I want to squish a lot into the next 11 weeks (and potentially baby could come early right?!