December 2015 Moms

Why I miss being pregnant

I finally figured out why I miss it. I miss being naive about what would come. I miss worrying about small unimportant things. Don't get me wrong, I love my son and as I look down at him currently sleeping on my arm I am super happy I have him and so in love it hurts but it seemed so easy imagining this perfect life where my marriage was stronger than ever and my husband split the caregiving evenly with me. 

Those were the days...

Re: Why I miss being pregnant

• Aw yeah i know what you mean. I really romanticized what it would all be like.
  • Hmmm, I would feel this way... But I had sooo many anxieties through out my pregnancy, and now that I know what it's like - I don't feel anxious about baby anymore. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I get that for sure! I remember talking about how everything would be split evenly, and being very worried about how the nursery was decorated, and thinking my baby would be dressed cute all the time.
  • I miss having DS with me 24/7. I miss him terribly when I'm at work...but that makes me appreciate the time I do have with him!
  • I miss the anticipation and the excitement, wondering who our little person would be. But that's about the only thing...being pregnant was not my strong suit. 
  • I loved being pregnant. I enjoyed the clothes, the belly, the excitement of the baby growing inside of me. I am not an all around chipper person. I can be snarky and sometimes quite blunt, so I only hoped I would be that crazy happy pregnant lady. I did not want to be miserable, or feel horrible either. Luckily. I didn't.

I almost envy the fact that many ladies got to go further in their pregnancies than I did. My water broke right at 34w. I didn't get to wind down and have a "nesting" period. I didn't  finish anything for work or in preparation for his arrival to be honest. The fact that I had such a great pregnancy, delivery despite going early, and recovery, are reasons why I don't necessarily want to do it again. I'm worried this next time around, I'm just destined to have the complete opposite expe
  • ssn109ssn109 member
    edited May 2016
    As many times as I had to get up to pee...I still slept more while pregnant

*wrong button on the keyboard
  • @ssn109 everyone was like "it's getting ready for motherhood" nope! I slept way more even peeing every two hours, it did not prepare me lol.